Author Topic: New York needs a plan for reopening indoor dining or the whole industry will collapse  (Read 1590 times)

rangerrebew

New York needs a plan for reopening indoor dining or the whole industry will collapse

By Andrew Rigie

August 21, 2020 | 8:39pm

Restaurant owners like Tom Casatelli, an owner of Ho 'Brah restaurant on Staten Island, want to know when indoor dining can restart in the city. Gregory P. Mango

It’s been more than six weeks since indoor dining in the city was placed on pause — again. Meanwhile, officials have rolled out plans for reopening schools, bowling alleys and other venues. It’s long past time restaurant and bar owners saw a similar roadmap to reopening, which could mean the life or death of their businesses.

These owners are truly desperate. They were all set for indoor service at 50 percent occupancy under Phase Three of the reopening back on July 6. (Restaurants elsewhere in the state have been serving customers inside since June 17.)

That doesn’t mean the crisis is over — it’s vital we continue to remain vigilant. But conditions have certainly improved enough for Gov. Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio to at least provide a rough timeline for our industry.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/21/new-york-needs-a-plan-for-reopening-indoor-dining-or-the-whole-industry-will-collapse/

Offline PeteS in CA

Restaurant owners like Tom Casatelli, an owner of Ho 'Brah restaurant on Staten Island, want to know when indoor dining can restart in the city

Second week of November.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
No, they don’t care that restaurants are dying in NY or NJ. My favorites are closing here too. Murphy won’t let them open for indoor dining either. What ever Cuomo does, Murphy follows.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 10:46:33 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Authorities need to let every business that can, open outdoors.

I use a gym that is mostly outdoor.

I would gladly to to an outdoor church, AA meeting, restaurant,  barber shop.

My wife and her girlfriends got their nails done last week outdoors.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He says that just like it would be a bad thing.

Trump MUST seal off NYC so none can escape!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
OMGoodness!

How will struggling actors ever struggle without tables to wait?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
OMGoodness!

How will struggling actors ever struggle without tables to wait?
With Broadway also shut down, is it any wonder why people are fleeing? An entertainer has zero ability to sustain themselves.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Authorities need to let every business that can, open outdoors.

I use a gym that is mostly outdoor.

I would gladly to to an outdoor church, AA meeting, restaurant,  barber shop.

My wife and her girlfriends got their nails done last week outdoors.

I haven’t had my hair done since December. At this point I’d do that outside too. It’s normally down to my neck, now it’s waaaay past that and getting annoying
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I haven’t had my hair done since December. At this point I’d do that outside too. It’s normally down to my neck, now it’s waaaay past that and getting annoying
Last haircut I had was in January. I have been seriously thinking about getting the motorcycles running again...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis