Author Topic: At least 5 people killed in Northern California wildfires  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
At least 5 people killed in Northern California wildfires
« on: August 21, 2020, 08:48:50 pm »
American Military News by  Rosemary Lausier - the Bangor Daily News  August 21, 2020

Dozens of wildfires raging throughout Northern California have now claimed at least five lives and threaten tens of thousands of homes, authorities said Thursday.

The death of a resident in Solano County, in the northeastern San Francisco Bay Area, was reported Thursday by Sheriff Thomas A. Ferrara, although he didn’t have any additional details.

In addition, three civilians had died in Napa County since the fires began, said Daniel Berlant, a Cal Fire assistant deputy director. In all, more than 30 civilians and firefighters have been injured.

It wasn’t immediately clear whether the Solano and Napa county fatalities included a Pacific Gas & Electric utility worker who was found dead Wednesday in a vehicle in the Vacaville area between San Francisco and Sacramento.

A pilot on a water-dropping mission in central California also died Wednesday when his helicopter crashed.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/08/at-least-5-people-killed-in-northern-california-wildfires/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: At least 5 people killed in Northern California wildfires
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 09:31:03 pm »
Earlier this morning I listened to Scott Adams, speaking from his home in Pleasanton.

He stated he was on an evacuation warning watch notice, if the fire got closer.
We know that town since my wife had/has close relatives nearby. Nice Bay area suburb.

Golden coastal hill, oak trees, some views.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 10:49:16 pm »
Earlier this morning I listened to Scott Adams, speaking from his home in Pleasanton.

He stated he was on an evacuation warning watch notice, if the fire got closer.
We know that town since my wife had/has close relatives nearby. Nice Bay area suburb.

Golden coastal hill, oak trees, some views.

Between the communities along the eastern shore of SF bay and the Tri-Valley area that includes Pleasanton is a broad area of fairly rugged hills, much of it with limited access. Lots of parks along those hills, all closed due to fire danger.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 02:15:28 am »
American Military News by  Rosemary Lausier - the Bangor Daily News  August 21, 2020

Dozens of wildfires raging throughout Northern California have now claimed at least five lives and threaten tens of thousands of homes, authorities said Thursday.

The death of a resident in Solano County, in the northeastern San Francisco Bay Area, was reported Thursday by Sheriff Thomas A. Ferrara, although he didn’t have any additional details.

In addition, three civilians had died in Napa County since the fires began, said Daniel Berlant, a Cal Fire assistant deputy director. In all, more than 30 civilians and firefighters have been injured.

It wasn’t immediately clear whether the Solano and Napa county fatalities included a Pacific Gas & Electric utility worker who was found dead Wednesday in a vehicle in the Vacaville area between San Francisco and Sacramento.

A pilot on a water-dropping mission in central California also died Wednesday when his helicopter crashed.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/08/at-least-5-people-killed-in-northern-california-wildfires/

So it sounds like, just some 'NORMAL' deaths , that happen in living.  Helicopter crashing, still was not 'fire' related.
 LYING MEDIA. 

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 02:52:15 am »
So it sounds like, just some 'NORMAL' deaths , that happen in living.  Helicopter crashing, still was not 'fire' related.
 LYING MEDIA.

How is fighting a fire with a helicopter and then crashing and dying not related to the "fire"?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 03:12:45 am »
@Elderberry

American Military News by  Rosemary Lausier - the Bangor Daily News August 21, 2020

This is why I come here.

I live in East Idaho and I can read an article published in Maine via a Texan.

It is like trying to visit one place in Heaven to another.

But you have to go through Hell to get there.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 03:13:50 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 10:35:45 pm »
Between the communities along the eastern shore of SF bay and the Tri-Valley area that includes Pleasanton is a broad area of fairly rugged hills, much of it with limited access. Lots of parks along those hills, all closed due to fire danger.

Not normally my authoritative source, but Pelosi said these fires are the worse in California's history.

I worry about the firefighters, in the heat and the smoke and uniforms, losing their lives.

That entire coastal range is rugged, isolated. It extends from Central America, to Alaska.

Offline DB

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 11:30:41 pm »
Not normally my authoritative source, but Pelosi said these fires are the worse in California's history.

I worry about the firefighters, in the heat and the smoke and uniforms, losing their lives.

That entire coastal range is rugged, isolated. It extends from Central America, to Alaska.

A million acres so far.

Can't blame this one on PG&E.

California is going to have to actually manage the forests and cut large fire breaks in them instead of going all natural and expecting a different outcome. The truth is much of California has been a tender box for some time.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 02:18:47 am »
How is fighting a fire with a helicopter and then crashing and dying not related to the "fire"?

No one is dying from smoke inhalation or getting killed, burned up by fire.  People will continue to die, whether there is a fire or not.  It sounds like they are blaming the fire for deaths.  The fire is not killing these people.  NO FIRE IS BURNING UP PEOPLE.  No person was killed by wildfires.

Read the article title: At least 5 people killed in Northern California wildfires [/b

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 02:25:32 am »
Deaths were listed as Covid r
elated.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2020, 03:04:39 am »
No one is dying from smoke inhalation or getting killed, burned up by fire.  People will continue to die, whether there is a fire or not.  It sounds like they are blaming the fire for deaths.  The fire is not killing these people.  NO FIRE IS BURNING UP PEOPLE.  No person was killed by wildfires.

Read the article title: At least 5 people killed in Northern California wildfires [/b

Well I'm pretty sure the guy flying the helicopter would still be alive if not for the fire he was fighting.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2020, 03:24:48 am »
Well I'm pretty sure the guy flying the helicopter would still be alive if not for the fire he was fighting.

I'll give you that, but he was not in any wildfire, that burned him up.  I have issue with the way the title reads. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2020, 04:13:44 am »
I have a question. How many of these fires were caused by lightening strikes,and how many were caused by junkies camping out in the woods?

I say "junkies" instead of illegal aliens because illegal aliens come from poverty and know how to build and control fires safely.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2020, 04:15:37 am »
I have a question. How many of these fires were caused by lightening strikes,and how many were caused by junkies camping out in the woods?

I say "junkies" instead of illegal aliens because illegal aliens come from poverty and know how to build and control fires safely.

:thumbsup:

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2020, 04:52:21 am »
A woman that I have  known for 26 yrs fled from her home in Middleton, Lake County, heading to Santa Rosa.

Offline DB

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2020, 02:27:08 pm »
Over 1,000 structures burnt to the ground so far. Nowhere near under control yet.

30% chance of thunderstorms in central CA today and tonight.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2020, 03:29:22 pm »

*****rollingeyes***** Given that most of these fires started in relatively remote hills (far from water and food) and that a system of thunderstorms swept across central California last weekend, I'd say that all or almost all the fires from the SF Bay Area east into the Sierras were due to lightning strikes.

The LA-Ventura-Orange Counties area is 400 miles from me, so I'll leave comments about those areas to someone who live in that area.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2020, 04:33:59 pm »
*****rollingeyes***** Given that most of these fires started in relatively remote hills (far from water and food) and that a system of thunderstorms swept across central California last weekend, I'd say that all or almost all the fires from the SF Bay Area east into the Sierras were due to lightning strikes.

The LA-Ventura-Orange Counties area is 400 miles from me, so I'll leave comments about those areas to someone who live in that area.

@PeteS in CA

Thanks!

When you consider the large number of fires,the size of the area they are spread over,and the fact that only 5 people have died so far,the CA fire and rescue people have done an amazing job of protecting the public.

Hat's off to them,one and all!

Offline DB

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2020, 05:24:12 pm »
Here's the link to California's active fires:

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2020, 08:15:16 pm »
A high school friend living in Sacramento says the smoke is unbelievable and ash is everywhere. I don't know how close the fires are to her, however.

Reminded me a bit of 2015, when we visited Oregon in the middle of their wildfires. We couldn't see some of the mountain tops east of Portland for all the smoke and haze.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2020, 09:43:51 pm »
A high school friend living in Sacramento says the smoke is unbelievable and ash is everywhere. I don't know how close the fires are to her, however.

One of the largest fires is in Lake, Solano, etc. counties a bit due west of Sacramento. I can easily believe they're getting smoke and ash blown into Sacto.

Another large fire is east and SE of me, in Santa Clara, Alameda, Stanislaus, and San Joaquin Counties. And there is a smaller fire in Santa Cruz County, west of us. Depending on the wind we have smoke overcast or some haze at ground level, smell, and some falling ash.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2020, 10:15:48 pm »

Reminded me a bit of 2015, when we visited Oregon in the middle of their wildfires. We couldn't see some of the mountain tops east of Portland for all the smoke and haze.
The smoke was hard-to-breath heavy in Santa Cruz for five days. Today is the first relatively clear day we’ve had in a week.

I imagine those with respiratory issues have had a very hard time, although I haven’t heard any news on those lines.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2020, 10:17:25 pm »
The smoke was hard-to-breath heavy in Santa Cruz for five days. Today is the first relatively clear day we’ve had in a week.

I imagine those with respiratory issues have had a very hard time, although I haven’t heard any news on those lines.
Geez, even worse for those with the 'rona.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2020, 10:18:46 pm »
Here's the link to California's active fires:

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/
Very helpful. Looks like they're awfully close to Napa.  Not a good thing! 0005

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2020, 11:27:01 pm »
Does ANYBODY believe the government will slap the enviro-Nazi's back into line,and start setting controlled fires and allowing commercial logging in some areas again?

All that damn underbrush is why these fires are getting out of control. Controlled burns would almost eliminate it.