Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: 2020 Republican National Convention  (Read 23518 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LIVE THREAD: 2020 Republican National Convention
« on: August 21, 2020, 07:59:43 pm »

The Republican Party is expected to hold its national convention from August 24-27, 2020.

The Republican National Committee Executive Committee voted to downsize the convention in Charlotte, reducing the number of in-person delegates from 2,500 to 336. The committee also decided to adopt the 2016 platform again since the Platform Committee would not be meeting.

At the convention, party delegates typically select the Republican presidential nominee and vote to adopt a platform outlining the party's policy priorities and values. According to presidential historian Tevi Troy, however, "conventions today remain largely party advertising opportunities rather than fora for real decision-making."

Schedule

This section lists tentative details for the convention program from August 24-27, 2020, at the Republican National Convention. The schedule was last updated on August 17, 2020, and is subject to change.

Monday, August 24: Land of Heroes

Presidential nomination by delegates

Tuesday, August 25: Land of Promise
8:30–11:00pm EDT

Speakers

First Lady Melania Trump at White House Rose Garden, Washington, D.C.

Wednesday, August 26: Land of Opportunity

Speakers

Vice President Mike Pence

Vice presidential nomination acceptance speech

at Fort McHenry National Monument,
Baltimore, Maryland

Thursday, August 27: Land of Greatness
Speakers

President Donald Trump
Presidential nomination acceptance speech

at  White House lawn in Washington, D.C.

Speakers

This section provides a list of speakers participating in the 2020 Republican National Convention. This list was last updated on August 19, 2020.

Abby Johnson
    Sen. Joni Ernst (Iowa)
    Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley
    House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.)
    Patricia and Mark McCloskey
    South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem
    Andrew Pollack
    Nick Sandmann
    Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.)
    President Donald Trump
    First Lady Melania Trump

« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 08:18:01 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: LIVE THREAD: 2020 Republican National Convention
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 08:01:29 pm »
‘It’s My Duty To Go’: Alice Marie Johnson To Commend Trump’s Criminal Justice Reform At RNC

Alice Marie Johnson, whose nonviolent drug offense and money laundering sentence was commuted by President Donald Trump in 2018, will be a featured speaker at the Republican National Convention, NBC reported.

Johnson says she didn’t hesitate to take up the opportunity when Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner called her with the offer to speak at the RNC, set to begin August 24, NBC reported.

“It gives me an opportunity to share my heart with America,” Johnson told NBC News. “People can tell when you’re authentic.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/21/alice-marie-johnson-republican-national-convention-featured-speaker-trump/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 02:16:24 pm »
Rep. Elise Stefanik, GOP powerhouse, will go after Biden’s ‘failed record’ in prime-time convention speech
August 22, 2020 | Vivek Saxena

New York Rep. Elise Stefanik, a Republican who gained prominence last year for standing up to the Democrat’s failed Ukraine witch hunt and inquisition, is reportedly priming herself to deliver another round of scathing rebukes of the left at next week’s Republican National Convention.

Speaking this week with New York newspaper The Daily Gazette, she revealed that she plans to use some of her scheduled prime-time speech at next week’s convention to expose the public to some hidden truths about Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden.

“Stefanik said she’ll use the slot to promote President Donald Trump and criticize Joe Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee,” the Gazette reported.

She reportedly added that the upcoming race will present a “clear choice between President Trump’s record of delivering results for the American people during this challenging time versus Joe Biden’s 47-year failed record of far-left policies.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/08/22/rep-elise-stefanik-gop-powerhouse-will-go-after-bidens-failed-record-in-prime-time-convention-speech-963205
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 05:27:23 pm »
Parkland shooting victim’s father: ‘Honored’ to speak at RNC, Trump’s policies have ‘meant the world to me’

Pollack said the Obama administration's restorative justice program led to the murder of his daughter Meadow

https://www.foxnews.com/media/parkland-shooting-victim-father-andrew-pollack-rnc
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 07:44:37 pm »
Here is full list of convention speakers:

Here is the full list provided by the Trump campaign.

Monday

Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C.
House Republican Whip Steve Scalise, R-La.
Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla.
Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio
Former Ambassador Nikki Haley
Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel
Georgia State Rep. Vernon Jones
Amy Johnson Ford
Kimberly Guilfoyle
Natalie Harp
Charlie Kirk
Kim Klacik
Mark and Patricia McCloskey
Sean Parnell
Andrew Pollack
Donald Trump, Jr.
Tanya Weinreis

Tuesday

First Lady Melania Trump
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds
Florida Lieutenant Gov. Jeanette Nuñez
Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron
Former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
Abby Johnson
Jason Joyce
Myron Lizer
Mary Ann Mendoza
Megan Pauley
Cris Peterson
John Peterson
Nicholas Sandmann
Eric Trump
Tiffany Trump

Wednesday

Second Lady Karen Pence
Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn.
Sen. Joni Ernst, R-Iowa
Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas
Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y.
Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y.
Former Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell
Kellyanne Conway
Keith Kellogg
Jack Brewer
Sister Dede Byrne
Madison Cawthorn
Scott Dane
Clarence Henderson
Ryan Holets
Michael McHale
Burgess Owens
Lara Trump

Thursday

President Donald J. Trump
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark.
House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif.
Rep. Jeff Van Drew, R-N.J.
Ivanka Trump
Ja'Ron Smith
Ann Dorn
Debbie Flood
Rudy Giuliani
Franklin Graham
Alice Johnson
Wade Mayfield
Carl and Marsha Mueller
Dana White

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-unveils-convention-speakers-potus-to-speak-every-night
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 07:48:50 pm »
Now that’s a lineup I will enjoy watching!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 07:53:19 pm »
Wish Leo Terrell was on the list.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 07:53:28 pm »
Now that’s a lineup I will enjoy watching!

I'll probably tune in here and there, but that's a lot of speakers and a 4 days span -- too much ....I'll probably tune in on Wednesday to listen to Kristi Noem, I was quite impressed with her at Trump's Rushmore speech and I'll tune in for a bit on Thursday to listen to Trump.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 08:31:28 pm »
Wish Leo Terrell was on the list.

Yep. It’s a mistake overlooking Leo 2.0. Black, democrat, civil rights attorney (a favorite of democrats) had his eyes opened, now enthusiastically voting Trump. I think he’s a strong indication of the coming fracture in democrats November vote.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 09:12:47 pm »
This is not 2016 .... I'd like to see most of the Trump kids smiling and waving ... not talking.  I'd remove Kimberly Guiloyle (a horrible public speaker, offering nothing new), Donald Trump, Jr., Eric Trump, Tiffany Trump.  I'd keep Ivanka (there's no choice here) and Lara Trump--she leads the nationwide "Women for Trump" movement and has been working her butt off.

I'd also scratch Karen Pence from the speaker list (unless it's a quick intro of her husband) and Kellyanne Conway--there's nothing of such value she could add that's worth opening a discussion about her moon face husband and the Liberty Project.

I'd also give LOTS of time to Kim Klacik and Richard Grenell.

I'll get this right over to the campaign ....  :laugh:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2020, 10:41:10 pm »
 :bkmk:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2020, 10:46:04 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2020, 10:50:14 pm »
Protesters already are gathering in Charlotte. Let's pray that no harm befalls anyone in attendance.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2020, 11:26:57 pm »
Trump to hold unconventional White House convention
By Morgan Chalfant - 08/23/20 07:01 PM EDT

President Trump won’t get the convention moment he originally hoped or planned for when he officially accepts the Republican nomination for president — but it may be one on which he can still capitalize.

The president will deliver his speech live from the White House after being forced to scrap plans to deliver the address to a large audience in Jacksonville, Fla., due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The convention, like it’s Democratic counterpart, will take on a completely different feel as a result of COVID-19, which has pushed the parties to go virtual and get creative to avoid large gatherings that could spread the virus.

Sources close to the White House acknowledge the difficulty of breaking through with a virtual convention, but officials are heading into the week hoping the convention will make a bigger splash than the Democratic National Convention.

Republicans argued that the Democratic gathering failed to excite voters and that its more elaborate production elements fell flat, making it at times feel like a zoom call.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/513011-trump-to-hold-unconventional-white-house-convention
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2020, 11:31:47 pm »
Protesters already are gathering in Charlotte. Let's pray that no harm befalls anyone in attendance.

This IS the problem that I see going forward into this election.  You can bet that protesters are going to be at major precincts which are known to be heavily GOP.  I predict that we're going to see voter intimidation as well. 

The protests are only going to grow in number as we get closer to Nov. 3.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2020, 11:44:21 pm »
FTA ..

President Trump won’t get the convention moment he originally hoped or planned for when he officially accepts the Republican nomination for president — but it may be one on which he can still capitalize.

The president will deliver his speech live from the White House after being forced to scrap plans to deliver the address to a large audience in Jacksonville, Fla., due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Ah, the President has a pretty large backyard to work with  888blackhat ..... and the fireworks over the WH should be spectacular.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2020, 11:52:49 pm »
Here is full list of convention speakers:

Here is the full list provided by the Trump campaign.

Monday

Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C.
House Republican Whip Steve Scalise, R-La.
Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla.
Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio
Georgia State Rep. Vernon Jones
Amy Johnson Ford
Kimberly Guilfoyle
Natalie Harp
Charlie Kirk
Kim Klacik
Sean Parnell
Andrew Pollack
Donald Trump, Jr.
Tanya Weinreis

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-unveils-convention-speakers-potus-to-speak-every-night

The bolded name is someone to watch. Her ad is very effective and, although she'll lose the election, if she makes a strong showing it'll be a sign for any GOP candidate that maybe the future will be more competitive in the inner cities

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2020, 12:32:20 am »
The bolded name is someone to watch. Her ad is very effective and, although she'll lose the election, if she makes a strong showing it'll be a sign for any GOP candidate that maybe the future will be more competitive in the inner cities

It's a good foundation for GOP 2.0, and I think in 4 years, the GOP's transformation into a new, modern party will be complete, and all the deadwood will be pushed out.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2020, 01:02:07 am »
2nd night of protests against GOP convention in Charlotte
https://www.yahoo.com/news/protesters-arrested-charlotte-days-gop-200709248.html
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2020, 01:04:14 am »
CNN Reveals Their Excuse to Censor the RNC as Their Self-Awareness Hits Zero
https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/08/23/cnn-lays-the-ground-work-to-censor-the-rnc/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2020, 01:54:29 pm »
Trump aims for convention game change, planning patriotic program and Biden counterattacks
Trump heads into GOP convention trailing Biden in public opinion polls

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-aims-for-convention-game-change-planning-patriotic-program-and-biden-counterattacks
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2020, 02:13:18 pm »
President Trump to speak every night of RNC this week as full lineup revealed

Monday speakers include:
Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina
House Republican Whip Steve Scalise of Louisiana
Representative Matt Gaetz of Florida
Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio
Georgia State Representative Vernon Jones
Amy Johnson Ford
Kimberly Guilfoyle
Natalie Harp
Charlie Kirk
Kim Klacik
Sean Parnell
Andrew Pollack
Donald Trump, Jr.
Tanya Weinreis

Tuesday speakers include:

First Lady Melania Trump
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds
Florida Lt. Gov. Jeanette Nuñez
Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron
Former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
Abby Johnson
Jason Joyce
Myron Lizer
Mary Ann Mendoza
Megan Pauley
Cris Peterson
John Peterson
Nicholas Sandmann
Eric Trump
Tiffany Trump

Wednesday speakers include:

Second Lady Karen Pence
Sen. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee
Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa
Rep. Dan Crenshaw of Texas
Rep. Elise Stefanik of New York
Rep. Lee Zeldin of New York
Former Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell
White House adviser to the president Kellyanne Conway
Keith Kellogg
Jack Brewer
Sister Dede Byrne
Madison Cawthorn
Scott Dane
Clarence Henderson
Ryan Holets
Michael McHale
Burgess Owens
Lara Trump

Thursday speakers include:

President Trump
Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky
Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas
House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy of California
Rep. Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey
Ivanka Trump
Ja’Ron Smith
Ann Dorn
Debbie Flood
Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani
Franklin Graham
Alice Johnson
Wade Mayfield
Carl and Marsha Mueller
Dana White

https://nypost.com/2020/08/23/president-trump-set-to-speak-each-night-of-rnc-this-week/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2020, 02:27:54 pm »
NEW: President Trump has released his second term agenda — a 50 point bulleted list

Support the USO

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2020, 03:07:02 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2020, 03:37:15 pm »
Well, Mr. Trump has started on some of these and he IS a check-list man so hopefully this will all come to pass.  He's been really exceptional in my mind in how he checks off things systematically. Statements are not hyperbole like so many past office holders!  The President has a bullet list as a guide on his desk, and he marks it off like any good manager should.