Author Topic: Schumer Sends Threat of Eliminating Filibuster if Democrats Win in November  (Read 425 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer Sends Threat of Eliminating Filibuster if Democrats Win in November
Reagan McCarthy

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 9:45 AM

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) conceded that the elimination of the legislative filibuster will be a possibility if Democrats take back the majority in the Senate.

“We have a moral imperative to the people of America to get a whole lot done if we get the majority, which, God willing, we will, and keep it in the House, and Biden becomes president, and nothing is off the table,” Sen. Schumer said, via Roll Call. “We will do what it takes to get this done...some Republicans might work with us. But we’re going to have to get it done, whether they work with us or not.”

Before officially accepting the Democratic Party’s nomination for president, Joe Biden also said that he would favor scrapping the filibuster if necessary.

The elimination of the legislative filibuster would give a Democratic majority in the upper chamber the power to expedite a Biden agenda by a simple majority, as NRSC Chairman Sen. Todd Young (R-IN) pointed out after Sen. Schumer did not take the option off the table:

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Todd Young
@ToddYoungIN
If Democrats take control of United States Senate, they will eliminate the legislative filibuster and by simple majority:

☑️
Pass green new deal

☑️
Add 2 new states to the union (DC and Puerto RIco)

☑️
Pack the Supreme Court

☑️
Repeal Republican tax cuts and levy new taxes

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reaganmccarthy/2020/08/21/schumer-senate-dems-will-scrap-filibuster-n2574787
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Zero republicans better cooperate with Shumer.  I and sick and  damned tired of the dims changing the rules based on who is in power. 

Up next?  Expanding SCOTUS to 11 Justices.   Just watch.  These SOB's are subverting the concept of democracy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
McConnell should have done so when Trump got elected.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

I tried explaining to a friend yesterday that if the Rats sweep the election in Nov. that the Pubs will become a permanent minority. He thinks the Rats will just get voted out in 4 years.

People have their heads in the sand.

Amnesty, open borders, mail in voting and ballot harvesting, packed courts, new states that will create 4 more Rat Senate seats will all insure the Pubs never hold power again. The globalists will be in control and the peasants will not be allowed to speak again.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

I tried explaining to a friend yesterday that if the Rats sweep the election in Nov. that the Pubs will become a permanent minority. He thinks the Rats will just get voted out in 4 years.

People have their heads in the sand.

Amnesty, open borders, mail in voting and ballot harvesting, packed courts, new states that will create 4 more Rat Senate seats will all insure the Pubs never hold power again. The globalists will be in control and the peasants will not be allowed to speak again.
Rats will lock in a permanent majority in DC as they have in California, as sure as God made little green apples. The GOP must know this, and apparently are OK with it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Rats will lock in a permanent majority in DC as they have in California, as sure as God made little green apples. The GOP must know this, and apparently are OK with it.

And why not?  The cretins casting the votes are assured their sinecures.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

So much for liberty.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home