Author Topic: Ex-Postal Service board member testifies Mnuchin tried to politicize agency  (Read 489 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-Postal Service board member testifies Mnuchin tried to politicize agency
By Cristina Marcos - 08/20/20 05:37 PM EDT

The former vice chairman of the U.S. Postal Service board of governors and inspector general accused Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin of trying to politicize the independent agency during testimony before lawmakers on Thursday.

David Williams, a former Postal Service inspector general who resigned in April as the vice chairman of the agency's board of governors, said that he stepped down from his role because he felt the Treasury Department was trying to make the traditionally apolitical agency a "political tool."

“I resigned from the board of governors because I was convinced that its independent role had been marginalized and that representations regarding an independent Postal Service for the nation were no longer truthful," Williams said during a forum hosted by the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/513000-ex-postal-service-board-member-testifies-mnuchin-tried-to-politicize-agency
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm SHOCKED!

Why would someone want to politicize an agency that hires people who don't speak or understand English,and allows them to have a translator in the room with them as they take the tests to explain the questions to them?

Not to mention an AA program to hire and promote homosexuals,blacks,and any other "protected species" ahead of evil Caucasians?

Surely you jest?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

I'm SHOCKED!

Why would someone want to politicize an agency that hires people who don't speak or understand English,and allows them to have a translator in the room with them as they take the tests to explain the questions to them?

Not to mention an AA program to hire and promote homosexuals,blacks,and any other "protected species" ahead of evil Caucasians?

Surely you jest?

888high58888   

Offline aligncare

I'm SHOCKED!

Surely you jest?

Letter Carrier Vindman, USPS.  :patriot: (the Ukrainian post office asked him three times to head up their operations but he said HET!)

Offline dancer

LOL  But, the U.S. Postal Service Union always backs Democrats.  I guess that isn't "politicizing."