Author Topic: Steve Bannon indicted for allegedly defrauding donors in fundraiser to build border wall  (Read 1520 times)

Offline corbe

Steve Bannon indicted for allegedly defrauding donors in fundraiser to build border wall

by Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter & Mike Brest, Breaking News Reporter
August 20, 2020 09:46 AM

President Trump’s former adviser Steve Bannon was indicted for his alleged role in a scam that raked in hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Audrey Strauss, the acting U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, and Philip R. Bartlett, inspector-in-charge of the New York Field Office, unsealed indictments on Thursday morning for Bannon, Brian Kolfage, Andrew Badolato, and Timothy Shea. The four men led the “We Build the Wall” fundraiser that sought donations to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, which was a 2016 campaign promise from President Trump. The group raised more than $25 million.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/steve-bannon-indicted-for-defrauding-donors-in-fundraiser-to-build-border-wall
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

I'll await confirmation.

Although there always has been something about Bannon...

Offline DB

Maybe they were just borrowing the money...

Isn't that the usual claim when caught?

Offline aligncare

Bannon arrested. So, now democrats like the police. Fund the police! Blue lives matter!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Although there always has been something about Bannon...

I agree.  He's the type of guy that after you shake his hand you better make sure you have all your fingers and your wallet.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Dana Loesch@DLoesch
I’ve had the displeasure of knowing Bannon for a decade, so not surprised by the news, but I hope the media also focuses on the other dudes involved with swindling people. Watch media try to somehow hang this on POTUS even though he kicked Sloppy Steve to the curb ages ago.
11:20 AM · Aug 20, 2020·

LittleO Deplorable Idiot Dreg  @JeffreyCOwnby
Replying to @DLoesch
I don’t know Mr. Bannon like you do but I’ll wait on the real facts to come out. I donated to build the wall and the portion I donated too got built. I personally don’t care if they go paid for starting and running the non profit. I was not hurt
11:43 AM · Aug 20, 2020

Incredibly Diverse Latina O'Crazio CornPop @OcrazioCornPop
Replying to @DLoesch
SDNY is not part of the U.S. Justice System. It is a rogue group of anti-Trump Resistance political activists.
Jim Comey's Daughter works there!?
11:22 AM · Aug 20, 2020·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

This is bullshit.

Considering this came from the same office that has been hounding Trump for his tax returns you may be right. They've already shown they're politicized hacks, its possible they're trying to affect Trump's fundraising.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Breaking911
@Breaking911

WATCH: President Trump comments on arrest and indictment of Steve Bannon, his former adviser and former deputy campaign manager in the 2016 election.

Video:  

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1296480495094697991

12:13 PM · Aug 20, 2020·Twitter Web App

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

"I feel very badly".   What is that supposed to mean?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

Considering this came from the same office that has been hounding Trump for his tax returns you may be right. They've already shown they're politicized hacks, its possible they're trying to affect Trump's fundraising.

The true facts won’t matter. They got their headline. For political purposes, that’s all they needed to smear Trump by insinuation.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump seeks distance from Bannon, calls fundraising project 'inappropriate'

President Trump sought to distance himself from Stephen Bannon on Thursday following the former White House chief strategist's arrest, with Trump saying he hasn’t dealt with Bannon in a long time and calling a fundraising project for which Bannon and three others were indicted “inappropriate.”

“I feel very badly. I haven't been dealing with him for a very long period of time,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office, adding that Bannon only served for a small period of time in the administration after working on his 2016 campaign as CEO.

Trump said that he has no knowledge about the “We Build The Wall” fundraising campaign that Bannon was involved in but said that he disagreed with the project.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/512919-trump-seeks-distance-from-bannon-calls-fundraising-project
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/512919-trump-seeks-distance-from-bannon-calls-fundraising-project

Thanks, that clears it up.  Wonder when Bannon's tell all book comes out?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

more

Trump seeks to distance? Bannon has been persona non grata in the Trump administration for almost four years.

More like the rat media seeks to close the distance.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nancy Estes
Pirate flag
@AmBeachy
·
6m
#TheyAllKnew

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Trump Jr. distances from Bannon group, says he attended 'single' event
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/512937-trump-jr-distances-from-bannon-group-says-he-attended-single-event

Optics aren't the best. Let's hope this doesn't have any traction.

Offline DB

Optics aren't the best. Let's hope this doesn't have any traction.

After Bannon's book threats why did Jr. have anything to do with him??? Was there an agreement that Bannon would back off if Trump and associates provided publicity for his wall foundation cause? None of these "foundations" seem to have any auditing or accountability of where the money actually goes...

Offline GrouchoTex

I always thought Bannon was an opportunist.
I don't think he ever really bought into half of what he was saying, as long as he got ahead, promoted himself.
I thought that from the beginning of the 2016 primary campaign.
He was no Andrew Brietbart, that's for sure.

Offline DB

I always thought Bannon was an opportunist.
I don't think he ever really bought into half of what he was saying, as long as he got ahead, promoted himself.
I thought that from the beginning of the 2016 primary campaign.
He was no Andrew Brietbart, that's for sure.

He was pushing for a 45% income tax for the "wealthy" not too long ago. Populist yes, conservative no.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram
·
3m
Colleague Marta Dhanis rpts Bannon will be released on $5 million bond
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bannon pleads not guilty at initial court appearance

Stephen Bannon pleaded not guilty at an initial court appearance Thursday following conspiracy charges related to an alleged scheme to launder money from a fundraising organization aimed at building a privately funded wall along the southern border.

A federal magistrate judge agreed to release him on a $5 million bond with certain travel restrictions.

The former top White House adviser is accused of assisting in a scheme to funnel money from the nonprofit We Build the Wall to cover his own personal expenses and to pay an undisclosed salary to the campaign's founder, Brian Kolfage.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/512985-bannon-pleads-not-guilty-at-initial-court-appearance
Support the USO

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Incredibly Diverse Latina O'Crazio CornPop @OcrazioCornPop
Replying to @DLoesch
SDNY is not part of the U.S. Justice System. It is a rogue group of anti-Trump Resistance political activists.
Jim Comey's Daughter works there!?
11:22 AM · Aug 20, 2020·
Oh, please. Trump explicitly cleared house at the SDNY when he fired Bharara—who Trump actually wanted to keep around because of his work weeding out bad actors in the New York State government.

The SDNY was remade in Trump's image. Whoever this "@OcrazioCornPop" is looks like a Bannon sockpuppet.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bannon Arrested On Chinese Billionaire’s $28 Million Mega Yacht
https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/20/steve-bannon-guo-wengui-yacht-we-build-the-wall-arrest/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FLASHBACK: Trump Criticized Steve Bannon And Brian Kolfage’s Fraudulent Border Wall Scam Back In July

President Donald Trump heartily criticized Brian Kolfage’s privately-funded border wall project in July, the same operation that former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon and Kolfage were indicted over on Thursday.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/20/trump-criticize-steve-bannon-brian-kolfage-fraud-border-wall-july-tweet/
Support the USO