Author Topic: Poll: Assimilated Second Generation Hispanics Prefer Trump over Biden  (Read 246 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by John Binder 19 Aug 2020

Second-generation Hispanics in Texas are much more likely to choose President Trump over Democrat nominee Joe Biden, as well as Hispanic voters who speak mostly English, a new survey finds.

An online survey by YouGov for the Texas Hispanic Policy Foundation and Rice University’s Baker Institute reveals that second-generation Hispanic Texans — those whose grandparents were immigrants but whose parents were born in the United States — support Trump by a majority of 50.7 percent to Biden’s 40.9 percent.

First-generation and third-generation Hispanic Texans support Biden over Trump by huge margins — 49.8 percent to 17.9 percent and 51.3 percent to 38.2 percent.

Likewise, the survey suggests that the more Hispanic voters speak English, the more likely they are to back Trump. For example, Trump slightly leads Biden, 43.6 percent to 43.2 percent, with Hispanic Texans who speak only English or speak English more than Spanish at home.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/19/poll-assimilated-second-generation-hispanics-prefer-trump-over-biden/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Poll: Assimilated Second Generation Hispanics Prefer Trump over Biden
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 01:32:49 pm »
And another little tid bit.  I know some that had their familes here in Texas for 300 years.  And I'll just say that their opinions of the new comers is less than positive.  And most are conservative.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 01:48:39 pm »
Democrats. Press one for Spanish.
Republicans. Press 2 for English

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 03:34:38 pm »
This shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone. Besides the Mexican-Americans I knew in the army,every single Mexican-American or American Indian I met while living in the west were conservatives and VERY pro-American.

If it weren't for the drug-addicts and drunks living in public housing in the cities,chances are you would never meet one in normal life that isn't conservative and patriotic.

Of course,you would never know this if your only exposure to them was what you heard from the media.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 03:35:31 pm »
And another little tid bit.  I know some that had their familes here in Texas for 300 years.  And I'll just say that their opinions of the new comers is less than positive. 

@catfish1957

Yeah,that's ONE way of putting it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!