Author Topic: Ex-FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith pleads guilty in first criminal case arising from Durham probe  (Read 564 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith pleads guilty in first criminal case arising from Durham probe
Kevin Clinesmith pleaded guilty to one count of false statements

By Brooke Singman, Jake Gibson | Fox News

Former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith pleaded guilty Wednesday in federal court to making a false statement in the first criminal case arising from U.S. Attorney John Durham’s review of the investigation into links between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign.

U.S. District Judge for the District of Columbia James Boasberg accepted the plea. Clinesmith's sentencing date has been set for Dec. 10 at 11 a.m. ET.

Clinesmith was referred for potential prosecution by the Justice Department’s inspector general’s office, which conducted its own review of the Russia investigation.

The inspector general accused Clinesmith, though not by name, of altering an email about former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page to say that he was “not a source” for another government agency.

Page has said he was a source for the CIA.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-fbi-lawyer-kevin-clinesmith-pleads-guilty-durham-probe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
James E. Boasberg

Clerkship and legal career

After completing law school, Boasberg served as a law clerk for Judge Dorothy W. Nelson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit for the 1990–91 term.[9] He then went into private practice, working at firms first in San Francisco (1991–94) and then in the District of Columbia (1995–96).[11] In 1996, Boasberg joined the office of the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia where he would spend 5.5 years as a prosecutor, specializing in homicides.[11][10]

Judicial service

In September 2002, Boasberg became an Associate Judge of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, where he served in the Civil and Criminal Divisions and the Domestic Violence Branch until his appointment to the federal bench in 2011.[11] During the 111th Congress, Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton recommended Boasberg to fill a judicial vacancy on the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.[12] On June 17, 2010, President Barack Obama formally nominated Boasberg to the District Court for the District of Columbia.[9] Boasberg was confirmed on March 14, 2011 by a vote of 96 ayes to 0 nays.[13] He received his commission on March 17, 2011.[10]

Appointment to United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court

On February 7, 2014 Chief Justice John G. Roberts announced that he would appoint Boasberg to the United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court for a term starting May 18, 2014 to a seat being vacated by Reggie Walton.[14][15] His term began May 18, 2014.[10] On December 20, 2019, the FISC announced he will replace the Presiding Judge FISC January 1, 2020[16] and elevated to preside. In 2020, he was appointed to the United States Alien Terrorist Removal Court and designated as Chief Judge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_E._Boasberg

Maybe it's just me but I somehow get the feeling that Clinesmith will not get the book thrown at him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien