Author Topic: New York City is dead forever (NY Post)  (Read 1199 times)

Offline corbe

New York City is dead forever (NY Post)
« on: August 17, 2020, 11:52:50 pm »
New York City is dead forever

By James Altucher
August 17, 2020 | 4:16pm | Updated

Author, comedy club owner and former hedge-fund manager James Altucher self-published this essay on Thursday, Aug. 13, under the title, “NYC is dead forever. Here’s why.” He granted the New York Post permission to reprint his piece in full below.

I love NYC. When I first moved to NYC it was a dream come true. Every corner was like a theater production happening right in front of me. So much personality, so many stories.

Every subculture I loved was in NYC. I could play chess all day and night. I could go to comedy clubs. I could start any type of business. I could meet people. I had family, friends, opportunities. No matter what happened to me, NYC was a net I could fall back on and bounce back up.

Now it’s completely dead. “But NYC always always bounces back.” No. Not this time. “But NYC is the center of the financial universe. Opportunities will flourish here again.” Not this time.

“NYC has experienced worse.” No, it hasn’t.

A Facebook group formed a few weeks ago that was for people who were planning a move and wanted others to talk to and ask advice from. Within two or three days it had about 10,000 members.

Every day I see more and more posts, “I’ve been in NYC forever but I guess this time I have to say goodbye.” Every single day I see those posts. I’ve been screenshotting them for my scrapbook.

Three of the most important reasons to move to NYC: business opportunities, culture and food. Commercial real estate and colleges are also suffering.

And, of course, friends. But if everything I say below is even 1/10 of what I think then there won’t be as many opportunities to make friends.

Business

<..snip..>

https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/nyc-is-dead-forever-heres-why-james-altucher/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Re: New York City is dead forever (NY Post)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 12:05:47 am »
New York City is dead forever

By James Altucher
August 17, 2020 | 4:16pm | Updated

Author, comedy club owner and former hedge-fund manager James Altucher self-published this essay on Thursday, Aug. 13, under the title, “NYC is dead forever. Here’s why.” He granted the New York Post permission to reprint his piece in full below.

I love NYC. When I first moved to NYC it was a dream come true. Every corner was like a theater production happening right in front of me. So much personality, so many stories.

Every subculture I loved was in NYC. I could play chess all day and night. I could go to comedy clubs. I could start any type of business. I could meet people. I had family, friends, opportunities. No matter what happened to me, NYC was a net I could fall back on and bounce back up.

Now it’s completely dead. “But NYC always always bounces back.” No. Not this time. “But NYC is the center of the financial universe. Opportunities will flourish here again.” Not this time.

“NYC has experienced worse.” No, it hasn’t.

A Facebook group formed a few weeks ago that was for people who were planning a move and wanted others to talk to and ask advice from. Within two or three days it had about 10,000 members.

Every day I see more and more posts, “I’ve been in NYC forever but I guess this time I have to say goodbye.” Every single day I see those posts. I’ve been screenshotting them for my scrapbook.

Three of the most important reasons to move to NYC: business opportunities, culture and food. Commercial real estate and colleges are also suffering.

And, of course, friends. But if everything I say below is even 1/10 of what I think then there won’t be as many opportunities to make friends.

Business

<..snip..>

https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/nyc-is-dead-forever-heres-why-james-altucher/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true

Great ... now all these liberals will find homes in other states .... I'd prefer they'd stay in the cesspool that they created!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 12:12:46 am »
Shattered, Shadoobie.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 07:43:01 am »
Great ... now all these liberals will find homes in other states .... I'd prefer they'd stay in the cesspool that they created!

@libertybele

There is nothing even the tiniest bit "liberal" about them. They are Fascists.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 01:20:26 pm »
What is the stake in the heart of NYC is money.

Tax revenues are non-existent to feed the tens of thousands of government employees there.

It is not a pretty picture.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 12:50:28 am »
@corbe

You are just trying to cheer me up,ain't you?

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 12:54:44 am »
   Always @sneakypete  wink777
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 12:59:53 am »
@libertybele

There is nothing even the tiniest bit "liberal" about them. They are Fascists.

Thanks for the clarification @sneakypete
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 01:27:45 am »
During the mid 90's I had a 2 year contact in Albany.
I was having lunch and one of the permanent employees sat down and told me he and his wife were considering moving to maybe NC but he was worried about how we treated women in the south.... almost choked on my food....

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 02:24:16 am »

The Marshall Tucker Band "Southern Woman"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

In spite of my obvious misogamy on display here, often.  I welcome into my Heart the ground they walk on, all of them.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 02:35:54 am »
In spite of my obvious misogamy on display here, often.  I welcome into my Heart the ground they walk on, all of them.
That's exactly why I love gay guys. I wish every guy in America was gay. I don't have 'mommy' issues.
Keep those guys busy banging each other. That's fine with me.
It's just more women female fun for me. I'll take it all. I'll take all of them left over from the gays.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2020, 02:38:01 am »
Shattered, Shadoobie.

Don't mind the maggots.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2020, 02:44:18 am »
Well, bye.

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2020, 02:49:36 am »
That's exactly why I love gay guys. I wish every guy in America was gay. I don't have 'mommy' issues.
Keep those guys busy banging each other. That's fine with me.
It's just more women female fun for me. I'll take it all. I'll take all of them left over from the gays.

@240B you ain't the first guy, or the last that think I'm gay.  It use to upset me but now I know you'll let your guard down around your women when I'm around and that's when I sweep her lonely heart off your plate, sucka.   :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2020, 09:45:14 am »
During the mid 90's I had a 2 year contact in Albany.
I was having lunch and one of the permanent employees sat down and told me he and his wife were considering moving to maybe NC but he was worried about how we treated women in the south.... almost choked on my food....

@EdinVA

I hope you told him we allow women to wear shoes in the winter,and that it is now illegal to beat a woman more often than once a week.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 12:33:16 pm »
Shattered, Shadoobie.

You got rats on the west side, bed bugs uptown Shadoobie, shattered
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.