Author Topic: Today's Toons 8/17/20  (Read 4795 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 8/17/20
« on: August 17, 2020, 08:16:26 am »

Click below for related story:

Click below for Tony's toons:

Click below for related audio:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letters C & L:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

The NFL teams opened summer training camps with the fall schedule and stadium seating protocols still in doubt. Infection experts warned that stadium seating proximity could be a real problem. In Los Angeles, forty-six cardboard baseball fans just tested positive for Covid-19.

Attorney General William Barr withstood a blistering day being grilled by House Democrats in the Judiciary Committee. Tempers flared all morning. The hearing was a half-hour late in getting started because Chairman Nadler was involved in an unfortunate all you can eat buffet.

Joe Biden came out of his basement to give a speech to Democrats in Wilmington where he blamed Trump for Covid spread. His message sounded like a pep rally speech specifically targeted to his young supporters in the party. If you ain't burning and rioting, you ain't a Democrat.

The L.A. Teachers Union refused to work this fall unless a laundry list of liberal demands were met, including defunding the L.A. Police. In the long run, this could work out well for Republicans. Closing schools this fall is far likelier to stop the spread of communism than stop the spread of Covid.

Los Angeles was jolted by a brief but sharp earthquake early morning that woke up millions of people and shook building in Southern California for two seconds. Everyone quickly turned on the news. Seismologists at CNN displayed a map showing it occurred along Trump's Fault.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi engineered a bill through the House calling for all Confederate monuments and statues inside the U.S. Capitol to be taken down. I think this was a political mistake. Democrats who believe that tearing down statues will attract voters are just whistling Dixie.

Joe Biden delayed announcing his female VP running mate till the second week of August to propel excitement into the Democratic Convention in two weeks. The candidate himself is certainly excited. The Biden campaign says Joe is SO close to choosing his VP running mate he can smell her.

The National Hockey League season got underway under highly protective rules and protocols for a violent contact sport. During the National Anthems of the United States and Canada, not one player took a knee. Maybe baseball, football and basketball should be played on ice.

Joe Biden was praised by liberal Democrats Monday for having the most progressive platform in history. The candidate's enthusiasm is beginning to build as they move toward the Democratic Convention in ten days. Joe Biden says he can't wait to find out who he picked to be his running mate.

Barack Obama in a funeral speech called for a more integrated America and a more diverse America and a more inclusive America. How much more diverse do we have to be? I've lived in Los Angeles for forty-four years, which means all my neighbors refer to me as The American.

Joe Biden began writing his acceptance speech for the Democratic Convention. As is the custom, once the candidate is nominated, he will be asking for a full CIA security briefing. Then Joe Biden demanded to know the name of the woman he will select for his running mate.

Joe Biden's interview with a black CBS reporter went sideways when Biden asked if the reporter if he'd been tested for cocaine. It really went sideways. Joe's intention was to assure BLM activists that he completely supports their rallies on behalf of the Bureau of Land Management.

Joe Biden emerged from the basement to take his vintage Corvette for a spin around his estate in Wilmington before he discussed politics. He addressed reporters and announced he will NOT go to Wisconsin. Oh no, Joe did it again, this time he's plagiarized Hillary's victory strategy.

The Democratic National Convention will meet this week in Milwaukee to nominate Joe Biden for president with many delegates participating from home via Zoom. The candidate decided not to fly to Milwaukee. Joe explained that his doctors recommended he not travel outside the country.

-- Argus Hamilton

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Today's Toons 8/17/20
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 09:26:47 am »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 12:08:01 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline pookie18

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 01:51:24 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 01:52:01 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!

My pleasure, Polly Ticks!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 02:38:11 pm »
Thanks for the Moon's Daeg Toons and Argus Extras, Pookie!!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline pookie18

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 02:42:20 pm »
Thanks for the Moon's Daeg Toons and Argus Extras, Pookie!!!!

You're welcome, as always, CL!

Offline verga

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 04:15:46 pm »
Thank you Pookie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2020, 04:29:44 pm »
Thank you Pookie

My pleasure, as ever, Verga!

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2020, 05:40:07 pm »
 :2popcorn: :2popcorn: wink777

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2020, 05:51:38 pm »