Author Topic: Romney: Trump Administration’s Response to Coronavirus ‘Very Disappointing’  (Read 352 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 16 Aug 2020

Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) criticized the Trump administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic Friday during video an interview with the Sutherland Institute.

Romney said, “I think it’s fair to say we really have not distinguished ourselves in a positive way by how we responded to the crisis when it was upon us. And the proof of the pudding of that is simply that we have 5 percent of the world’s population but 25 percent of the world’s deaths due to COVID-19. And there’s no way to spin that in a positive light.”

He continued, “Why is that? I think it’s fair to say from the outset there was a tendency on the part of the administration to dismiss COVID-19 as a threat, not to consider how serious it could become and there was not immediate action to, if you will, ring all the alarm bells have the federal government take responsibility.”

He added, “The health impact of COVID-19 on our country and our response to it was really very, very disappointing.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/08/16/romney-trump-administrations-response-to-coronavirus-very-disappointing/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

I cannot fathom a DC-based pol being that kind of ignorant. Romney's lying and knows it. As for things Trump has done, my timeline is a start in seeing what his Administration has done and in what context. If I can find all that ... Romney knows he lied.

Similarly Romney cannot not know that many nations' death figure are either grossly phony or the countries' heathcare systems are so overwhelmed that the countries don't really know.

As for things Trump said in, for example February, it's dishonest to judge them by what was not known or even knowable at the time. As I pointed out in another thread on TBR. But Romney is being dishonest in this as well.

ETA: Reply 72 on the "Trump Taps Esteemed Anti-Fauci ..." thread in this forum.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:59:14 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

I cannot fathom a DC-based pol being that kind of ignorant. Romney's lying and knows it. As for things Trump has done, my timeline is a start in seeing what his Administration has done and in what context. If I can find all that ... Romney knows he lied.

Similarly Romney cannot not know that many nations' death figure are either grossly phony or the countries' heathcare systems are so overwhelmed that the countries don't really know.

As for things Trump said in, for example February, it's dishonest to judge them by what was not known or even knowable at the time. As I pointed out in another thread on TBR. But Romney is being dishonest in this as well.
Romney has determined it'd be best for him if Trump lost and took Barr, and his investigation, with him.

I knew DC was infested with disgusting, corrupt individuals but I had no idea how loathsome many of them are.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:48:24 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

Romney is like a lost solider among the GOP; even the RINO's.  Perhaps he should consider switching parties.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LottieDah

All the ones that claim that the Trump Administration's response to the coronavirus is "very disappointing" have never said what they would or what they have done differently.  They have not  offered any new ideas to solve the problem.  They criticize instead. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Romney has determined it'd be best for him if Trump lost and took Barr, and his investigation, with him.

I knew DC was infested with disgusting, corrupt individuals but I had no idea how loathsome many of them are.

I'm pretty darned sure I told you, and everyone else here for that matter, that you didn't four years ago @skeeter!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Romney the Rat is one piece of sh*t the Republicans should kick out of the party. 

Getting serious about the Trump Administration response to COV19, Were there mistakes made?  Yes, a few.  However, Trump recognized the threat very early on when maggots like the notorious Dr. Fauci were making light of it all.  Fauci is no doubt a Democommie operative, and he is the single greatest mistake Trump has made keeping him involved.  He is a political *ss!!!

The simple fact is that roughly half the world live in countries that are totalitarian in nature.  They can easily shut their country down and cover up the real numbers.  Countries like China, Russia and Iran have covered up their true numbers.  All three have falsely reported outcomes in their countries.  Key people in Iran recently admitted to such, and indicated they had over 25 million cases of COV19, and I am sure the death rate was equal to perhaps the entire death rate in total worldwide.  And Russia might just be the worst, for their numbers are obviously false.  The numbers increased at a steady rate through the entire outbreak.  Not even remotely possible.  But Putin would kill anyone that spoke up to the contrary of what is reported.   And in addition to these three nations, there are scores of other nations that would do the same.

In the USA, we have a very free society, with freedoms unlike any other nation.  It only makes sense this country would have the largest outbreak in the world. Sadly, POSs like Romney and the entire Democommie Party are dishonest and wish to blame our president, who has done a good job overall.  I know had Clinton been POTUS, one of two things would be true.  This outbreak would not have happened because the Chinese would have her under their thumb, or millions would have died before she lifted a finger or did anything.  And yes, I believe with great certainty that this virus is a lab produced virus, and it was intentionally released.  I also believe this was a test for what is to come, and we need to get smarter as a nation.

If anyone doubts the Chinese would release a virulent bug that would kill a large part of the global population, think again.  And there are a dozen other countries that also fit in that category.

We need to take further precautions with China, end educating their population in the USA, end open borders with them, and list them as a rogue nation.  We need to stem 80% of all trade with them.  If we fail to do this, we have another Nazi Germany in the making, only they have 5 times our population.  We just do not have enough bullets to deal with that threat.  We cannot take a Chamberlain approach with this nation.  There is no nation like us to come to our as what happened in WWII, we would be on our own.

Romney is attempting to position himself for another run in 2024.  There is no way the Republicans would support his lame *ss after what he has been doing for the last couple years.  The Never Trumpers in the Republican Party are a tiny group.  I even question his chances for getting re-elected in Utah as senator again. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Pam Key 16 Aug 2020

Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) criticized the Trump administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic Friday during video an interview with the Sutherland Institute.

Romney said, “I think it’s fair to say we really have not distinguished ourselves in a positive way by how we responded to the crisis when it was upon us. And the proof of the pudding of that is simply that we have 5 percent of the world’s population but 25 percent of the world’s deaths due to COVID-19.

@mystery-ak

That flat-out HAS to be a lie of epic proportions. China alone HAS to have more deaths than the US.

Mittens has gone from being a weasel to being a traitor.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!