Author Topic: California Suffers 2nd Day of Blackouts as Wind, Solar Power Falter  (Read 2589 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joel B. Pollak 16 Aug 2020

California suffered a second day of rolling electricity blackouts on Saturday evening as the state’s power grid struggled to deal with a heat wave that caused a surge in consumer demand.

There was widespread public confusion, as the state’s electricity grid operator had said earlier in the day that no blackouts would be necessary.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Mike Shellenberger
@ShellenbergerMD
Replying to @ShellenbergerMD
At 4:21 pm California’s electric grid operator said  “no emergencies planned”

At 7:51 pm  it said “Stage 3 Emergency” & rolling blackouts!

Why?

Too little nat gas (lost 470-MW plant) & too much unreliable wind (loss of 1,000-MW)

The climate crusade is putting lives at risk

more
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2020/08/16/california-suffers-2-days-of-blackouts-as-wind-solar-power-falter/
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 04:28:25 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: California Suffers 2nd Day of Blackouts as Wind, Solar Power Falter
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 04:29:32 pm »
Getting what you voted for good and hard!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 05:57:14 pm »
Getting what you voted for good and hard!
I realize you probably(?) meant it for the libtards, but us conservatives have to suffer through this idiocy as well.

Temps are 110+ with higher than usual humidity which means swamp units are very ineffective in the desert areas.

Many rely solely on swamp units and don't have AC, which means the elderly and infirm are at higher risk.

Forecast in our area says it will last through next week btw.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 06:03:16 pm »
I realize you probably(?) meant it for the libtards, but us conservatives have to suffer through this idiocy as well.

Temps are 110+ with higher than usual humidity which means swamp units are very ineffective in the desert areas.

Many rely solely on swamp units and don't have AC, which means the elderly and infirm are at higher risk.

We had an epic lightening storm last night on the coast here in central CA. Weirdest weather I've seen in decades.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 06:58:09 pm »
We had an epic lightening storm last night on the coast here in central CA. Weirdest weather I've seen in decades.

Weather change. Damn SUV’S!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 07:29:03 pm »
The Lake Fire in SoCal is actually affecting our weather here...the pyrocumulus cloud effect from the fire is generating thunderstorms and lightning.

https://wildfiretoday.com/2020/08/14/lake-fire-near-lake-hughes-ca-was-very-active-again-friday-afternoon/
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 08:03:33 pm »

Seems high time to leave.

I did, and never been smarter.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2020, 08:28:20 pm »
Seems high time to leave.

I did, and never been smarter.
It's been past "high time" for years...just a few more years to retirement age and no early retirement penalty.

Already looking for our CalExit landing place...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2020, 09:14:02 pm »
It's been past "high time" for years...just a few more years to retirement age and no early retirement penalty.

AZ welcomes you.  If it hadn't hit 125 yesterday I'd recommend Bullhead City...30 miles or so from Cali.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2020, 12:26:20 pm »
AZ welcomes you.  If it hadn't hit 125 yesterday I'd recommend Bullhead City...30 miles or so from Cali.
Thanks! :beer:

But we're not looking for anyplace that hot...sheesh. *who knows*

AZ is on the short-short list...I rather enjoy the dry climate.

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2020, 01:12:54 pm »

Good luck with the hunt.

Seems a number of places would welcome good people.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2020, 01:25:19 pm »
Good luck with the hunt.

We see a lot of Californians arriving here in Georgia, moving into brand new $900,000 mansion houses, and then planting Biden signs in their yards.  I don't mind the immigrants, but I wish they wouldn't bring their 'stupid' with them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2020, 05:46:55 pm »
Good luck with the hunt.

Thank you.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2020, 05:51:14 pm »
We see a lot of Californians arriving here in Georgia, moving into brand new $900,000 mansion houses, and then planting Biden signs in their yards.  I don't mind the immigrants, but I wish they wouldn't bring their 'stupid' with them.
There's that...

I figure we're not gonna catch a break as CA "refugees" for a while once we move into a more conservative location, until we earn/prove our creds.

I suppose it's only natural for locals to presume someone coming from a "progressive" state are themselves progressive...

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2020, 06:04:01 pm »
There's that...

I figure we're not gonna catch a break as CA "refugees" for a while once we move into a more conservative location, until we earn/prove our creds.

I suppose it's only natural for locals to presume someone coming from a "progressive" state are themselves progressive...
There are several actions you can take if you choose to settle in Texas, but here are my top 3:

1.  Change out the California plates for Texas plates ASAP.  Buy a pickup truck if you don't have one already, and place an NRA sticker on it.

2. Learn how to say Ya'll instead of You All or You Guys

3. Ask the waitress whether you can have some Blue Bell.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 06:05:09 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2020, 06:05:34 pm »
There are several actions you can take if you choose to settle in Texas, but here are my topd 2:

1.  Change out the California plates for Texas plates ASAP.  Buy a pickup truck if you don't have one already, and place an NRA sticker on it.

Or find a GOP office, and go in to change your Registration.  Talk to people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2020, 06:26:27 pm »

Not really a problem.  It's the Biden bumper sticker that stands out - not the California plates.  My approach is to pull up beside them at a red light, honk to get their attention while signaling for them to roll down their window.  Once they do that, I say, "Hey, you probably aren't aware of this, but some idiot put a Biden sticker on your car.  Just thought you would want to know."
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2020, 12:02:13 am »
There are several actions you can take if you choose to settle in Texas, but here are my top 3:

3. Ask the waitress whether you can have some Blue Bell.

We spent almost 4 years in South Carolina...the "ya'll" will come back pretty quick...don't miss the damned chiggers or fire ants though.

Will 3%er and NOTW stickers on the truck help?

Yep, registrations, licenses, etc. changed asap.

TX BBQ washed down with a Shiner and then BB for desert...GtG.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2020, 12:03:19 am »
Or find a GOP office, and go in to change your Registration.  Talk to people.
Yep, will go from DTS here in CA to R in forever home state.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2020, 12:05:17 am »
Not really a problem.  It's the Biden bumper sticker that stands out - not the California plates.  My approach is to pull up beside them at a red light, honk to get their attention while signaling for them to roll down their window.  Once they do that, I say, "Hey, you probably aren't aware of this, but some idiot put a Biden sticker on your car.  Just thought you would want to know."
:rolling: :rolling:

No such thing has ever been on any of our vehicles...only a 3%er and NOTW stickers on my truck.  I think it makes it clear enough to any who see them how I roll. 

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2020, 12:09:42 am »

Now that I looked it up, those show you are of good stock.

Unsure how many of my fellow Texans would understand what they meant, though.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2020, 12:13:17 am »

:rolling: :rolling: :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2020, 12:16:11 am »

We spent almost 4 years in South Carolina...the "ya'll" will come back pretty quick...don't miss the damned chiggers or fire ants though.

Yep, registrations, licenses, etc. changed asap.

TX BBQ washed down with a Shiner and then BB for desert...GtG.

Asking them to put the Blue Bell on a slice of Pecan pie will cement the deal for ya! @SZonian
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2020, 12:18:10 am »
Asking them to put the Blue Bell on a slice of Pecan pie will cement the deal for ya! @SZonian
Who doesn't like Pecan Pie?  Damn, just gained 3 lbs thinking about it...

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2020, 12:19:30 am »
Now that I looked it up, those show you are of good stock.

Unsure how many of my fellow Texans would understand what they meant, though.
No worries, I'll adapt and switch them out if need be...easy to do when in comfortable environs.