Author Topic: Mitt Romney says he sees no evidence mail-in voting would increase voter fraud  (Read 1058 times)

Offline libertybele

This guy is an absolute train wreck for the GOP!

Mitt Romney says he sees no evidence mail-in voting would increase voter fraud

Republican Sen. Mitt Romney on Friday cast doubt on President Donald Trump's baseless claim that universal vote by mail would lead to widespread voter fraud.
"I don't know of any evidence that voting by mail would increase voter fraud," the Utah Republican said during an online interview with the conservative think tank Sutherland Institute.
Romney's comments on vote by mail is the senator's latest dissent with the President's views, as he is often the lone GOP voice critical of Trump's actions.
The senator said that his "biggest concern" with voter fraud is potential hacking of US voting machines and systems, because fraudulent attempts using vote-by-mail can be prevented with physical ballots.

"I've heard some people say they think that the reason the President doesn't want people to vote by mail is that polls show that people who want to vote by mail tend to vote for Vice President Biden. People who tend to want to vote in-person tend to want to vote for President Trump," Romney said. "So this is a political calculation. But my own view is we want people to vote."
Romney argued that it's "essential" for the United States and the US President to "show that elections can be held in a free and fair manner."..........

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/15/politics/romney-trump-vote-by-mail/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Mittens didn't see a lot of things.  His eyes are wide closed.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

This guy is an absolute train wreck for the GOP!

Mitt Romney says he sees no evidence mail-in voting would increase voter fraud

Republican Sen. Mitt Romney on Friday cast doubt on President Donald Trump's baseless claim that universal vote by mail would lead to widespread voter fraud.
"I don't know of any evidence that voting by mail would increase voter fraud," the Utah Republican said during an online interview with the conservative think tank Sutherland Institute.
Romney's comments on vote by mail is the senator's latest dissent with the President's views, as he is often the lone GOP voice critical of Trump's actions.
The senator said that his "biggest concern" with voter fraud is potential hacking of US voting machines and systems, because fraudulent attempts using vote-by-mail can be prevented with physical ballots.

"I've heard some people say they think that the reason the President doesn't want people to vote by mail is that polls show that people who want to vote by mail tend to vote for Vice President Biden. People who tend to want to vote in-person tend to want to vote for President Trump," Romney said. "So this is a political calculation. But my own view is we want people to vote."
Romney argued that it's "essential" for the United States and the US President to "show that elections can be held in a free and fair manner."..........

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/15/politics/romney-trump-vote-by-mail/index.html

Excuse me,  I have to...lol.   WHAT A RINO....FOOL!   :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Mittens didn't see a lot of things.  His eyes are wide closed.

Mitt is puckered so tight right now that you couldn't get a straight pen up there with a 16# sledge hammer!

Burisma and his ties to China are on his mind a lot!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

Mitt is puckered so tight right now that you couldn't get a straight pen up there with a 16# sledge hammer!

Burisma and his ties to China are on his mind a lot!

:thumbsup:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Romney's starting to go all Cap'n Queeg in his opposition to Trump.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Is there any way we can send him and his family back to Mexico?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

Mitt Romney slams politicians attacking mail-in voting

Associated Press | Aug 15, 2020 | News | 47

(AP) — Sen. Mitt Romney said Friday that politicians attacking the vote by mail system are threatening global democracy but stopped short of criticizing President Donald Trump, who has been openly against an expected surge of mail-in ballots.

The United States must stand as an example to more fragile democratic nations to show that elections can be held in a free and fair manner, Romney said. He urged the federal government to make every effort to ensure that people are able to vote in the general election this November.

“That’s more important even than the outcome of the vote,” he said at a virtual event hosted by the conservative Utah-based Sutherland Institute. “We have got to preserve the principle of democracy or the trend we’re on is going to continue to get worse.”

https://www.gopusa.com/?p=93440?omhide=true

Offline EdinVA

threatening global democracy... Damn right we are...

Offline skeeter

I wonder if the DOJ s investigating Willard's sources of income or something. He seems a bit too desperate to turn things over to the rats.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I wonder if the DOJ s investigating Willard's sources of income or something. He seems a bit too desperate to turn things over to the rats.

This is what has him worried @skeeter

Report: Justice Department Has Been ‘Quietly’ Reviewing Ukraine Materials For Several Weeks, Separate From Durham Probe
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline The_Reader_David

I guess someone needs to sent Sen. Romney this link: https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/report/four-stolen-elections-the-vulnerabilities-absentee-and-mail-ballots

Him and every talking head and scribbler who keeps spouting the same stupid claim on the airwaves and internet.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 03:52:03 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline skeeter

This is what has him worried @skeeter

Report: Justice Department Has Been ‘Quietly’ Reviewing Ukraine Materials For Several Weeks, Separate From Durham Probe

Herridge and Hymes note that that investigation also “goes beyond” matters related to the Bidens, according to the source.

Doh!

More insight into the motives of much of the opposition to this president.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@skeeter

To big and too friendly and important to the Dims for the media to allow that to happen.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Herridge and Hymes note that that investigation also “goes beyond” matters related to the Bidens, according to the source.

Doh!

More insight into the motives of much of the opposition to this president.

Man I hop shifty Schiff is on that list.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

Romney sees no evidence that putting dogs on car roofs harm them.

Offline LegalAmerican

Is there any way we can send him and his family back to Mexico?

Good one.  Many are still in Mexico.  He supports NWO. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Romney the Rat poses little in the way of a threat to Trump.  His positioning at present will not bear fruit for the 2024 campaign.  He is a loser, and will remain such over time.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hey Mittens! Just do the Jim Jeffords jump and get it over with. Quit masquerading as a Republican, you just (further) damage the brand.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
To be fair to Mittens,he seems to have never had a clue about anything. He has never been anything more than a "spokesmodel" for Globalism. Handsome,wealthy,and clueless.

Offline Smokin Joe

To be fair to Mittens,he seems to have never had a clue about anything. He has never been anything more than a "spokesmodel" for Globalism. Handsome,wealthy,and clueless.
Well, he did usher in the pilot project for Obamacare/Hillarycare in Mass. Pity the people in Utah let him back into office.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, he did usher in the pilot project for Obamacare/Hillarycare in Mass. Pity the people in Utah let him back into office.

@Smokin Joe

Pity them?

Why? If anything,I have nothing  but contempt for them because they voted this corrupt fool into office PURELY because he was of the same religion as them.

Or claims to be,anyhow. It's anyone's guess.

Either way it was cult members voting for a cult leader.

Bleep them and the stolen horses they rode in on.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Pity them?

Why? If anything,I have nothing  but contempt for them because they voted this corrupt fool into office PURELY because he was of the same religion as them.

Or claims to be,anyhow. It's anyone's guess.

Either way it was cult members voting for a cult leader.

Bleep them and the stolen horses they rode in on.
I should have invested in opticians there, if they are short sighted enough to believe he will serve anyone but himself.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I should have invested in opticians there, if they are short sighted enough to believe he will serve anyone but himself.

@Smokin Joe

Sadly,it seems they are.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Here's Mitt looking for evidence