Author Topic: Some Questions for Kamala Harris About Eligibility | Opinion  (Read 5301 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Some Questions for Kamala Harris About Eligibility | Opinion
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2020, 08:30:34 pm »
With Obama and Cruz, at least one parent was a US Citizen. With Harris, neither one was.

Voters seemed  unconcerned, over Obama, Cruz, McCain, Rubio, George Romney.

For Republicans to raise a fuss over Harris, makes them appear inconsistent.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2020, 09:01:39 pm »

It all feeds into the trope:  "Oh, those Republicans!  Tsk, tsk.  Kooks."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2020, 09:11:24 pm »

??? There was rukus from the DEMS over Rubio and McCain, so this seems like an ongoing argument depending on what party is running a questionable candidate.  I would like for this issue to be resolved but I don't think SCOTUS will bother to take this up and Roberts certainly would rule against the GOP.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2020, 09:24:34 pm »
"Citizen Seeks “Court Order” to Kamala Harris to Prove Constitutional Eligibility"

Good.
At least someone is willing to TRY to fight...!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2020, 09:35:19 pm »
"Citizen Seeks “Court Order” to Kamala Harris to Prove Constitutional Eligibility"

Good.
At least someone is willing to TRY to fight...!

It will be rejected by the court.  "No Standing."  You heard it here first.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2020, 09:44:31 pm »
It will be rejected by the court.  "No Standing."  You heard it here first.

I don’t know. She’s asking for my vote. That makes me a stakeholder in this enterprise. If there’s a constitutional question as to her eligibility, I need to know. Like the song says, this land is my land.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2020, 09:48:51 pm »
I don’t know. She’s asking for my vote. That makes me a stakeholder in this enterprise. If there’s a constitutional question as to her eligibility, I need to know. Like the song says, this land is my land.

Actual Electoral College Electors (selected by the several states) where found to have 'no standing" when O'Bastard was elected.  If they don't have standing, then nobody on the planet does.
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2020, 10:04:12 pm »
Actual Electoral College Electors (selected by the several states) where found to have 'no standing" when O'Bastard was elected.  If they don't have standing, then nobody on the planet does.

Well, then...never mind

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2020, 10:14:06 pm »
Maybe have Mike Pence be the one to challenge her eligability?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2020, 01:50:57 am »
Facebook Censors Posts on Kamala Harris’s Eligibility

The Post & Email by Sharon Rondeau 8/13/2020

https://www.thepostemail.com/2020/08/13/facebook-censors-posts-on-kamala-harriss-eligibility/

WHAT DO FACEBOOK AND ITS “FACT-CHECKERS” KNOW ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION AND ITS AMENDMENTS?

Early Wednesday morning, CDR Charles F. Kerchner, Jr. (Ret) informed The Post & Email that a comment he posted on his Facebook page was labeled as containing “false information,” with Facebook citing “fact-checker” Politifact as its source.

As do many others, Kerchner contends that Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), selected to run as Joe Biden’s vice-presidential candidate, is not a “natural born Citizen” as required by Article II of the U.S. Constitution for the presidency and by the 12th Amendment for anyone contemplating serving as vice president.

Harris was born in Oakland, CA in 1964 to an Indian-citizen mother and Jamaican-citizen father, neither of whom had lived in the U.S. for sufficient time to apply for citizenship.  Some argue that by the circumstances of her birth, Harris is an “anchor baby,” while others say she is a 14th-Amendment “citizen” but not one who can be considered “natural born,” with undivided allegiance to the United States.

After initially attending local schools, Harris’s mother relocated her two daughters to Montreal, Quebec to continue her work in cancer research, and Harris attended schools there through high-school graduation.

By following the link provided in Facebook’s notice placed on Kerchner’s post, one reaches Facebook’s statement on “how Facebook [is] addressing false news through third-party fact-checkers”.

More at link.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 01:52:28 am by Elderberry »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2020, 02:09:12 am »
The birthright citizenship debate returns for 2020 election

constitutioncenter.org August 14, 2020 by Scott Bomboy

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/blog/the-birthright-citizenship-debate-returns-for-2020-election

Recent comments from scholars about vice-presidential candidate Kamala Harris’s citizenship status have revived a constitutional debate about birthright citizenship—or the ability of a person to automatically qualify for American citizenship based on their location of birth.

The Outcomes

One possible route to settle some of these questions could be within Congress, which does have constitutionally established powers related to the naturalization of potential citizens. In fact, it was an act of Congress in 1924, the Indian Citizenship Act, that established that all Native Americans were citizens.

In 2015, the Congressional Research Service considered whether birthright citizenship could be amended by statute when looking at the history of birthright citizenship bills in Congress.

“While a few proposals have suggested constitutional amendments, most seek to change the birthright citizenship rule by statute. It would likely fall to federal courts to determine whether such a statute could be upheld as constitutional,” the CRS said in 2015.

An executive order looking to change the rule would likely also be challenged in court. During President Trump’s previous desire to pursue an executive order the president also indicated that the case could wind up at the Supreme Court through the appeals process and the Court would have to rule on the constitutionality of such an order.

The CRS has previously concluded that the “Supreme Court has yet to decide how the Citizenship Clause applies to the children of aliens who lack lawful permanent resident status.” It did not discuss how the debate would affect a person’s eligibility for presidential office.

Finally, a new constitutional amendment further specifying the contours of citizenship faces a higher bar since two-thirds of the House and the Senate need to agree on the proposed amendment and its wording, to then present it to the states for ratification.

More at link.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2020, 02:27:19 am »
Kamala Harris Is Not Eligible To Be President - The Natural Born Citizen Requirement.

Intel Warriors by Thomas Sayre 8/12/2020

https://www.dagnyintel.com/post/kamala-harris-is-not-eligible-to-be-president-the-natural-born-citizen-requirement

The Definition

"The first and governing maxim in the interpretation of a statute is to discover the meaning of those who made it." --James Wilson, Of the Study of Law in the United States, 1790

What is the source of the term, "natural born citizen"? It is defined in the internationally published reference book, "Law of Nations", penned by Emmerich de Vattel in 1758. The definition states:

"The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens." - Law of Nations

By 1780, "Law of Nations" was a standard textbook in American universities. By 1787, it was well understood by the Framers of the Constitution and the nation as a whole. There was no need to debate the meaning of "natural born citizen" as the Framers crafted the Constitution. It was a commonly understood term.

Law of Nations is the only reference book named in the Constitution itself, empowering the Federal Government to enforce its clauses:

Why A Natural Born Citizen?

So, what does it matter, this difference between merely being born a citizen or meeting the much more strict requirements of a "natural born citizen"? The person is an American either way, right? The Framers of the Constitution understood the difference and so should we.

The Framers understood that a person born in the USA to a British father would be a British subject, according to British law. If that person rose to the rank of Commander in Chief of the American military and went to war against England or its vassal states, that person would commit treason against his King. His motives may be conflicted and he would certainly be treated differently from regular prisoners of war if captured. He would be hanged for treason.

In the War of 1812, when America fought to finally throw off British common law claims over Americans, the US required all officers on US ships and 2/3 of the sailors to be natural born citizens of the USA. They could not have a foreign parent. Thus, they could engage in war without conflicting loyalties or threat of hanging for treason.

In peacetime, the President with foreign affinity may use his office to conduct affairs more favorably to his preferred foreign state instead of the USA. He may hold notions such as "Dreams from my Father", a love and loyalty to the Father's nation and ideology.

More at link.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2020, 02:39:35 am »
Kamala Harris Is Not Eligible To Be President - The Natural Born Citizen Requirement.

Intel Warriors by Thomas Sayre 8/12/2020

https://www.dagnyintel.com/post/kamala-harris-is-not-eligible-to-be-president-the-natural-born-citizen-requirement
Ok...so Harris is not eligible to be president.  That means PELOSI would be President, as she would be next in line....wouldn't it?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2020, 02:53:57 am »
Ok...so Harris is not eligible to be president.  That means PELOSI would be President, as she would be next in line....wouldn't it?

No it doesn't! It means the democrat party should be forced to remove her name from consideration for the office of Vice President of the United States.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 03:00:27 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2020, 02:59:12 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2020, 07:44:44 am »
Facebook Censors Posts on Kamala Harris’s Eligibility

The Post & Email by Sharon Rondeau 8/13/2020

https://www.thepostemail.com/2020/08/13/facebook-censors-posts-on-kamala-harriss-eligibility/
I have dealt with their third party Fack-checkers smearing out posts I have made. SO I posted journal articles that said the same thing I did. Not much they could do with that unless they wanted to impugn the New England Journal of Medicine, Nature, and others. So, what we need is a Law review article that takes the issue on of what a "Natural Born Citizen" is, and then just apply reality to that learned opinion. Let fecebook edit at their peril so far as their credibility goes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2020, 07:45:21 am »
No it doesn't! It means the democrat party should be forced to remove her name from consideration for the office of Vice President of the United States.
:yowsa: pointing-up

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2020, 07:51:58 am »
As a long term nevertrumper looking forward to voting against him come November my advice to the POS and his campaign is to bring this up every day..gotta stick with those winning issues :rolling:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2020, 08:44:24 am »
As a long term nevertrumper looking forward to voting against him come November my advice to the POS and his campaign is to bring this up every day..gotta stick with those winning issues :rolling:
Yeah, because the Constitution is such a loser. **nononono*

So let's just throw out the lawbook. All of it. We'll sort it out. It's gonna get messy, though.

Or we can take a stand against breaking the law and try to stop it.

Your call, but as a Conservative, I'm going to go with the Rule of Law, and that for d@mned sure includes the Constitution.

C S Lewis

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2020, 09:15:10 am »
I'm definitely not trying to discourage those that find his EO's, run away spending etc. as being Conservative from not supporting Trump and his campaign from pushing this..go for it... :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2020, 01:06:59 pm »

I happen to believe that standing up for our Constitution IS and always has been a winning issue @montanajoe but you go ahead and laugh!

May your chains rest lightly and all of that!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2020, 01:34:26 pm »
I'm definitely not trying to discourage those that find his EO's, run away spending etc. as being Conservative from not supporting Trump and his campaign from pushing this..go for it... :shrug:
His EOs run the gamut. I never said he is conservative, but voting for the Constitutionally ineligible isn't either.

C S Lewis

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2020, 04:04:05 pm »
His EOs run the gamut. I never said he is conservative, but voting for the Constitutionally ineligible isn't either.

IMO to many good Conservatives have fallen into the trap of voting for candidate's  who may be Conservative some of the time as long as they vote for the party that some perceive to be conservative. Although after all these years of failed promises I can't imagine why any Conservative would vote for the GOP as they are abandoning the traditional Conservative values that made this Country great but just at a slower pace than the Dims.

I've had it with the idea that its ok to be a half assed Conservative as long as your guy gets elected...whether or not he is a conservative or not...that makes a person, in my view basically just a fan that doesn't like sports.

I've spent years voting for the most Conservative candidate or leaving the ballot blank if I could not stomach voting for either as I suspect many Conservatives have done.

But this year I've decided to stop the insanity of doing the same thing over and over so I'll be voting for the Dim presidential ticket and for the most Conservative  candidates down ticket, simply because I believe the only way for the electorate to start voting for Conservatives is for them to get a taste of unhinged Dims for a few years..... :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2020, 04:08:38 pm »
IMO to many good Conservatives have fallen into the trap of voting for candidate's  who may be Conservative some of the time as long as they vote for the party that some perceive to be conservative. Although after all these years of failed promises I can't imagine why any Conservative would vote for the GOP as they are abandoning the traditional Conservative values that made this Country great but just at a slower pace than the Dims.

I've had it with the idea that its ok to be a half assed Conservative as long as your guy gets elected...whether or not he is a conservative or not...that makes a person, in my view basically just a fan that doesn't like sports.

I've spent years voting for the most Conservative candidate or leaving the ballot blank if I could not stomach voting for either as I suspect many Conservatives have done.

But this year I've decided to stop the insanity of doing the same thing over and over so I'll be voting for the Dim presidential ticket and for the most Conservative  candidates down ticket, simply because I believe the only way for the electorate to start voting for Conservatives is for them to get a taste of unhinged Dims for a few years..... :shrug:

What happens if no one ever gets a chance to vote in anything other than soviet style elections after those years?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2020, 04:41:26 pm »

Presently, we have seen how that would be handled.

I made some posts on fecebook and a tweeted a mite with twitter, and in both instances have been fact-chucked, as even medical journal articles have been deemed by their liberal ex-spurts to contain false information (never completely false, just partially false, and they won't say what it is).

In short, I have been personally censored by two social media platforms. I don't make Youtubes, so they never got a chance.

I have absolutely no reason to believe that, given the power they crave, a dissenting opinion will ever greet the internet, print, nor word of mouth above a whisper, and the latter at great risk if some zampolit overhears it.

That is the price of totalitarian communism, well documented (every so often) in the past, by those who managed to survive.

Where we live we would be treated like the Ukrainians in the Holdomor, or be the new gulag, and they'd make sure every bit of information, every erg, dyne, and watt of energy, every calorie of food and drop of fuel would be controlled.

These people are rabid with power wherever they have been allowed to act without repercussions, and they would ensure there would be none of those. No one will be left to guard the guards, they will be eliminated.

If you recall, the BATFE was making a database under Clinton of people who had been NICS checked, and I really have no reason, given the behaviour of the DOJ and other agencies in the interim to the present day, to believe they destroyed that database as they were ordered to do (by law), nor that they ceased that activity.

Oh, we'd see the police refunded and come out already, for anyone who ever expressed a conservative thought in that database.
That would be the hill we'd die on, or we'd live on our knees.

It's your vote, but having the blood of patriots on my hands in unacceptable, and actively supporting in any way the Globalist Communists and their agendae unconscionable. I know, some of that lot are closeted among the Republicans, but the Democrats are as wide open about it as a "pride" parade. They see their perfidy, their oath breaking, their contempt for the Constitution as some sort of "revolutionary virtue".  Considering there are 194 other countries on the planet, I'd readily invite them to seek out one which might be more compatible with their Democratik Socialist (Communist) beliefs, but living in their little utopia is not their object, imposing their will on others, without the hindrance of the Constitution is.

Choose carefully, my friend, even though it is a bit of Hobson's choice. If you think this mess is bad, imagine all the pork the Democrats could load down on a relief bill with no effective opposition, at any level. I know, that seems like it would not be much worse than what we have now, but finally this nonsense is getting a little friction, and with Dems having the Trifecta, there would be only a wish list of spending and kickbacks, as much as this aging lot of communists can muster, for fun and profit. I just know I could do nothing to give aid and comfort to that enemy.

But I will not ask that you do anything other than vote your conscience.

C S Lewis