Author Topic: Trump requests mail-in ballot for Florida congressional primary  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Applewood

Trump requests mail-in ballot for Florida congressional primary

President Trump and first lady Melania Trump have both requested mail-in ballots for the upcoming Florida  primaries despite the president's frequent criticism of mail-in ballot systems in the U.S., USA Today reported.

The president, who changed his permanent residence from New York to Florida during his first term in office, is casting a ballot to be counted Aug. 18 in the state's congressional primary elections.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/511969-trump-requests-mail-in-ballot-for-florida-primary-after-railing

Mail-in voting is ok for me, but not for you. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Trump requests mail-in ballot for Florida congressional primary
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 01:58:44 pm »
I believe what Trump requested is a 'absentee ballot' and I don't recall him ever being against those versus 'mail in ballots' where everyone on the voter rolls, no matter how corrupted the voter rolls may be, would receive one. There has been ample evidence from just the few recent elections using 'mail in' ballots to show the process, to put it bluntly, is full of shit. Amazingly people have no problem with congregating at stores to shop, my local DMV has had people lined up close to a hundred deep at times and of course rioters and 'peaceful protesters' have absolutely no problems with gathering in massive numbers..........................................so why exactly can't the general voting population go to the polls?
<p>
Seniors and those compromised can and should use the absentee ballot system but to insist that all of our voting be done through a method that, at least at this time, is riddled with problems and ripe with the possibilities for corruption is in my opinion foolish. Of course YMMV.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 02:04:56 pm »
I believe what Trump requested is a 'absentee ballot' and I don't recall him ever being against those versus 'mail in ballots' where everyone on the voter rolls, no matter how corrupted the voter rolls may be, would receive one. There has been ample evidence from just the few recent elections using 'mail in' ballots to show the process, to put it bluntly, is full of shit. Amazingly people have no problem with congregating at stores to shop, my local DMV has had people lined up close to a hundred deep at times and of course rioters and 'peaceful protesters' have absolutely no problems with gathering in massive numbers..........................................so why exactly can't the general voting population go to the polls?
<p>
Seniors and those compromised can and should use the absentee ballot system but to insist that all of our voting be done through a method that, at least at this time, is riddled with problems and ripe with the possibilities for corruption is in my opinion foolish. Of course YMMV.

Big thumbs up good buddy...unfortunately the distinction between the two is lost on some, especially those whose hatred of Trump outweighs their concern for the country’s future.

:thumbsup:

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 02:21:59 pm »
Trump requests mail-in ballot....'they' are mixing up the terms mail-in ballot with request absentee voting on purpose.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 02:26:02 pm »
Trump requests mail-in ballot....'they' are mixing up the terms mail-in ballot with request absentee voting on purpose.

Of course.

After all this time and all the examples where the rat media attempted to mislead us you'd think we'd all view this kind of crap with a jaundiced eye. Or at least a little less credulity.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 03:49:13 pm »
False reporting.

Trump requested an "Absentee" ballot, as he most likely won't be in Florida to cast his vote.
Different than just getting an unsolicited ballot in the mailbox, and mailing it back.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 03:50:33 pm »
Of course.

After all this time and all the examples where the rat media attempted to mislead us you'd think we'd all view this kind of crap with a jaundiced eye. Or at least a little less credulity.

It is all in the eye of the observer. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 04:56:58 pm »
Yes, I believe I know what he meant about absente ballots.  But that type of ballot is also  a mail-in ballot.   His efforts to stymie mail-in ballots could, if successful, adversely affect all forms of mail-in ballots, including the absentee variety. 

I wonder if Trump has considered that by trying to kill mail-in ballots, he may be frustrating voting for seniors and others who may intend to vote for him.  I read somewhere that the elderly make up 39% of his base.  Don't know that I agree with that figure, but whatever the percentage, it would be a significant number of votes he could lose if there is no mail-in voting. 

The other thing is that we are not just voting for president in November.  What will happen to house and senate races  if Trump frustrates mail-in voting?  He does want a Republican majority in both houses, right? 

My apologies to Trump supporters, but I believe his efforts to kill mail-in voting will, if successful, backfire on him "bigly."  I don't believe he has considered that his actions could have negative consequences not only on his re-election efforts, but also in getting a congress that would work with him if he is re-elected. 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 05:06:10 pm »

Uh, no.  There is a huge difference between absentee voting for those who make a formal request due to a legal exemption and mass mail-in voting for anyone who has a ballot show up in their mailbox.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 05:06:56 pm »
False reporting.

Trump requested an "Absentee" ballot, as he most likely won't be in Florida to cast his vote.
Different than just getting an unsolicited ballot in the mailbox, and mailing it back.

Correctamundo.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 05:16:55 pm »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/511969-trump-requests-mail-in-ballot-for-florida-primary-after-railing

If you have to lie to make your point...well...you might need to reconsider your position Applewood.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2020, 05:18:08 pm »
Yes, I believe I know what he meant about absente ballots.  But that type of ballot is also  a mail-in ballot.   His efforts to stymie mail-in ballots could, if successful, adversely affect all forms of mail-in ballots, including the absentee variety. 

I wonder if Trump has considered that by trying to kill mail-in ballots, he may be frustrating voting for seniors and others who may intend to vote for him.  I read somewhere that the elderly make up 39% of his base.  Don't know that I agree with that figure, but whatever the percentage, it would be a significant number of votes he could lose if there is no mail-in voting. 

The other thing is that we are not just voting for president in November.  What will happen to house and senate races  if Trump frustrates mail-in voting?  He does want a Republican majority in both houses, right? 

My apologies to Trump supporters, but I believe his efforts to kill mail-in voting will, if successful, backfire on him "bigly."  I don't believe he has considered that his actions could have negative consequences not only on his re-election efforts, but also in getting a congress that would work with him if he is re-elected.

I can see why you would not see a difference in the distinction.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2020, 05:27:48 pm »

The elderly with health problems, the disabled, and those away from their primary place of residence (such as serving in the military) all can, and have, asked for and received, "Absentee" Ballots, by mail.
This can still be done, right now, today.

The "mail-in" ballots that the left is pushing for, is having ballots mailed to the last known address of every registered voter.

This is wide open for fraud and abuse.

There is a distinction.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2020, 05:38:44 pm »
My apologies to Trump supporters, but I believe his efforts to kill mail-in voting will, if successful, backfire on him "bigly."

Trump isn't the one here trying to change the system.  Democrats are.  Try to keep that in mind.  Trump is only trying to prevent a fraudulent takeover of our political system by blocking the very attempts (by Democrats) to do so.  Just look at what happened in Orange County, CA in 2018.  Democrats changed the election laws there, and by doing so were able to submit enough fraudulent ballots to flip seven Republican districts over to Democrat control.  Are you OK with that?  I certainly am not.  And I will back anyone's efforts to prevent that change from being implemented nationwide.  Trump isn't the bad guy here.  Democrats are.  They are the ones tinkering with the system.  They are the ones who are discounting your vote by sending seven ballots to your vacant neighbor's house - all seven mysteriously getting returned as Democrat votes after some operative pays a visit to the mailbox.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2020, 05:42:46 pm »
The elderly with health problems, the disabled, and those away from their primary place of residence (such as serving in the military) all can, and have, asked for and received, "Absentee" Ballots, by mail.
This can still be done, right now, today.

The "mail-in" ballots that the left is pushing for, is having ballots mailed to the last known address of every registered voter.

This is wide open for fraud and abuse.

There is a distinction.

Not really.  Trump is attacking the USPS, refusing to allow appropriation of resources to deal with the volume of mail-in ballots. The USPS is not going to be able to distinguish between ballots that were mass mailed to voters and those ballots that were applied for.  If the USPS  can't do its job, his absentee ballot and the ballots of a whole lot of other voters may not be delivered on time.    That. my friend, is disenfranchisement.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2020, 05:53:30 pm »
Not really.  Trump is attacking the USPS, refusing to allow appropriation of resources to deal with the volume of mail-in ballots.

Yet they are able to do exactly that with tax returns every April.

The USPS is not going to be able to distinguish between ballots that were mass mailed to voters and those ballots that were applied for.

Not their job.

If the USPS  can't do its job, his absentee ballot and the ballots of a whole lot of other voters may not be delivered on time.    That. my friend, is disenfranchisement.

Which is exactly why the system (which currently works) should be left just as it is.  Why change something that already works?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2020, 08:57:42 pm »
Yet they are able to do exactly that with tax returns every April.

These days I don't know how many tax returns are done by mail.  I know mine is done online.  I suspect the volume of tax returns in April (or this year in June or July) may have been less than the number of mail-in ballots.

Not their job.

Didn't say it was the USPS' job to distinguish these ballots.  My point was that no matter what kind of ballot is being submitted by mail. the Post Office may have problems delivering any of them. Not only will those potentially fraudulent ballots that were blanket mailed not be counted, but also, the ballots that were applied for.

Which is exactly why the system (which currently works) should be left just as it is.  Why change something that already works?

This year we have a pandemic going on  Now we can argue till we are blue in the face over the severity of COVID, but the fact is that a large chunk of voters are not going to want to risk going to the polls to vote.  So whether through blanket ballot mailings or through legitimate applications for a mail-in ballot, we are going to have a huge number of people voting by mail.  Instead of trying to frustrate that effort and potentially hindering votes that would have gone to him, Trump should be doing what he can to make sure everyone's vote counts, whether in person or by mail.    If there really is a high potential for fraud, then fix that.  Stymieing the USPS in getting the ballots delivered on time is not going to prevent fraud.  It may, however, keep a chunk of people from having their voices heard in this election.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2020, 09:04:05 pm »

WRONG.  HE IS TALKING ABOUT ABSENTEE BALLOTS.....not universal mailed out ballots.   THE HILL....wrong again.  On purpose.   Why do they do this?   We have a video where he says this too.  HILL...get it correct or STFU. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2020, 09:07:29 pm »
False reporting.

:thumbsup:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2020, 09:09:32 pm »
Didn't say it was the USPS' job to distinguish these ballots.  My point was that no matter what kind of ballot is being submitted by mail. the Post Office may have problems delivering any of them. Not only will those potentially fraudulent ballots that were blanket mailed not be counted, but also, the ballots that were applied for.

This year we have a pandemic going on  Now we can argue till we are blue in the face over the severity of COVID, but the fact is that a large chunk of voters are not going to want to risk going to the polls to vote.  So whether through blanket ballot mailings or through legitimate applications for a mail-in ballot, we are going to have a huge number of people voting by mail.  Instead of trying to frustrate that effort and potentially hindering votes that would have gone to him, Trump should be doing what he can to make sure everyone's vote counts, whether in person or by mail.    If there really is a high potential for fraud, then fix that.  Stymieing the USPS in getting the ballots delivered on time is not going to prevent fraud.  It may, however, keep a chunk of people from having their voices heard in this election.
Absentee ballots do not have to be 'mailed' in, I never do with mine I drop it off personally at a County Registrar of voters official depository of which there are hundreds or more around the county. I also do the same with my mothers, as long as she has designated me as approved and signed that portion of the envelope. Right now only 26  states allow another person to legally drop off an absentee ballot, I think it should all fifty so that an invalid or disabled can have a family member or caregiver drop off their ballot rather than depend on the USPS who seem from discussions with others to be slowing their service.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2020, 09:10:47 pm »
Trump isn't the one here trying to change the system.  Democrats are.  Try to keep that in mind.  Trump is only trying to prevent a fraudulent takeover of our political system by blocking the very attempts (by Democrats) to do so.  Just look at what happened in Orange County, CA in 2018.  Democrats changed the election laws there, and by doing so were able to submit enough fraudulent ballots to flip seven Republican districts over to Democrat control.  Are you OK with that?  I certainly am not.  And I will back anyone's efforts to prevent that change from being implemented nationwide.  Trump isn't the bad guy here.  Democrats are.  They are the ones tinkering with the system.  They are the ones who are discounting your vote by sending seven ballots to your vacant neighbor's house - all seven mysteriously getting returned as Democrat votes after some operative pays a visit to the mailbox.

People who can't "see' that, are purposely blind.   888high58888

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 09:29:41 pm »
<p>

My niece posted this on FB and I just had to go explain to her that, no, Trump is not a hypocrite. Then she launched into how the administration is trying to block states from being able to vote absentee because her state won’t let you vote absentee without proof of disability or reason for being out of town.  I had to explain to her that she had a problem with state government, not the Trump administration. Low info voters make me crazy.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2020, 09:39:41 pm »
My niece posted this on FB and I just had to go explain to her that, no, Trump is not a hypocrite. Then she launched into how the administration is trying to block states from being able to vote absentee because her state won’t let you vote absentee without proof of disability or reason for being out of town.  I had to explain to her that she had a problem with state government, not the Trump administration. Low info voters make me crazy.

Now explain it to the Nevers....
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2020, 10:56:31 pm »
This year we have a pandemic going on  Now we can argue till we are blue in the face over the severity of COVID, but the fact is that a large chunk of voters are not going to want to risk going to the polls to vote.

Democrats were pushing mail-in voting long before coronavirus appeared on the scene.  I call BS.

H.R.92 - Vote By Mail Act of 2019

Let's examine the motives here.  The ONLY reason for mail-in voting is to help Democrats win.  Period.   It has nothing at all to do with making sure every vote counts.  It has everything to do with achieving a favorable result despite the voters.

We have had a post office since the inception of our Constitution.  And never before has it been a necessary instrument of US elections.  Not through epidemics of dysentery, small pox, polio, or influenza has it kept people from showing up at the polls to cast their vote as members of a free society.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2020, 11:16:20 pm »
Democrats were pushing mail-in voting long before coronavirus appeared on the scene.  I call BS.

H.R.92 - Vote By Mail Act of 2019

Let's examine the motives here.  The ONLY reason for mail-in voting is to help Democrats win.  Period.   It has nothing at all to do with making sure every vote counts.  It has everything to do with achieving a favorable result despite the voters.

We have had a post office since the inception of our Constitution.  And never before has it been a necessary instrument of US elections.  Not through epidemics of dysentery, small pox, polio, or influenza has it kept people from showing up at the polls to cast their vote as members of a free society.

Yep. Democrats have seized on this covid19 “Red Death” to scare people and pull the wool over the eyes of the voters. The sad thing is they might just get away with it.