Author Topic: Kamala’s Anti-Fracking Stance Is Biden’s Albatross In Swing States  (Read 317 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change Dispatch by Jennifer A Dlouhy 8/13/2020

Less than two hours after Kamala Harris was named Joe Biden’s running mate, President Donald Trump had cast the California Democrat as the oil industry and fracking foe.

“She is against fracking. She’s against petroleum products,” Trump said at a White House news conference Tuesday.

“I mean, how do you do that and go into Pennsylvania or Ohio or Oklahoma or the great state of Texas? She’s against fracking. Fracking’s a big deal.”

It’s a line Trump will surely use again and again against Harris, the former California attorney general who has vowed to fight the fossil fuel industry in court, embraced the Green New Deal and last September said there was “no question” she’d ban hydraulic fracturing.

But the criticism may have limited appeal beyond Trump’s political base and is likely to boost enthusiasm for the Democratic ticket among progressive voters.

Harris’s positions on the issue put her to the left of Biden, who has made clear he would not seek an outright ban on fracking, which could only be imposed through congressional action.

More: https://climatechangedispatch.com/kamalas-anti-fracking-stance-is-bidens-albatross-in-swing-states/

Offline mountaineer

Biden already was riding the anri-fracking, anti-fossil fuels bandwagon, even before HeelsUp joined the ticket.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

They are NUTS!!!!  That would spell the end of my business.

Offline mountaineer

The pro-Trump PACs are advertising extensively in this natural gas/coal region, talking about all the jobs Biden would take away.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This goes a LOT farther than just oil and gas jobs. On the upstream end, manufacturing, from tubular steel to mud pumps, wire rope, electronics for the industry, vehicle fleets from pickups to heavy trucks, and so much more. On the downstream end chemical feedstocks for plastics and anything made from them, from tupperware to car parts, medical hardware and the plastic wrap that keeps it sterile, pharmaceuticals, and a host of other industries would be impacted.

Basically, it is a way for them to kiss up to his Chinese Masters and slap down one of the most Conservative industries in the nation.

They think Natural Gas can replace oil, but over 50% of the wells out there in the US produce both. Natural Gas is a byproduct of oil production.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 01:41:12 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This goes a LOT farther than just oil and gas jobs. On the upstream end, manufacturing, from tubular steel to mud pumps, wire rope, electronics for the industry, vehicle fleets from pickups to heavy trucks, and so much more. On the downstream end chemical feedstocks for plastics and anything made from them, from tupperware to car parts, medical hardware and the plastic wrap that keeps it sterile, pharmaceuticals, and a host of other industries would be impacted.

Basically, it is a way for them to kiss up to his Chinese Masters and slap down one of the most Conservative industries in the nation.

They think Natural Gas can replace oil, but over 50% of the wells out there in the US produce both. Natural Gas is a byproduct of oil production.

I really hope the young Trump supporters play this for all their friends and acquantances.  Nothing like being called stupid to try to get your vote.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
There are many reasons NOT to vote for these two knuckleheads.

TAXES...TAXES...TAXES...TAXES    This alone should scare EVERY American.

Green New Deal...both are followers of AOC, and support this moronic nonsense.

Climate change...both subscribe to this bullsh*t.

Antifa and BLM...both support these anarchist groups, who should be shot down in the streets as enemies of this great nation.

Reparations...Harris is a big supporter, and if elected, she is one heart beat away from being in a position to sign an executive order on this.  And based on the lame actions from Congress with Obama, they would not deny her this if she is POTUS, fearful it would appear racist.

I remain hopeful the American people are awakening to the fact the Dems have gone communist, and that there is no place in this nation for a major political party that is communist.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:
“I mean, how do you do that and go into Pennsylvania or Ohio or Oklahoma or the great state of Texas? She’s against fracking. Fracking’s a big deal.”

I don't think this will make a difference in OK or TX, but it could help in OH and very much so in PA...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
From the article:

I don't think this will make a difference in OK or TX, but it could help in OH and very much so in PA...

+-UH

Can KMA!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 06:50:04 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From the article:

Considering the technique is used all over, and pre-dated unconventional reservoirs by decades, anywhere there is an oil patch, from Alaska to the offshore Gulf of Mexico, her stance is undesirable. It would only give considerable advantage to the Russians and Saudis, who caused no small amount of the current economic malaise with their little hissy fit at OPEC+, just days before oil went negative over COVID.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis