Author Topic: Goodbye, Washington DC.  (Read 283 times)

rangerrebew

Goodbye, Washington DC.
« on: August 13, 2020, 03:57:44 pm »

U.S. POLITICS
Goodbye, Washington DC.

Mayor Bowser broke her contract with residents like me. So we’re leaving.

By
Daniel Turner

on
July 23, 2020

During the last night in my condo in DC, I had to walk my dog an extra lap around the block because a crazy person was outside screaming obscenities. I wasn’t afraid. I just didn’t feel like getting into it with him or having to listen to his story—his “Let me just tell you something,” attempt to get money from me. It was 1 A.M., and I was tired from a night out—but more so, just tired in general. Tired of it all.

I’m a city kid, through and through. And not a recent one. Not some Nebraska transplant who moved to the city and immediately thinks of himself as a local. A woman tried that on me once. With her affected upspeak cadence, where declarations sound like interrogatories, she told me she was from “Brook-LAN?”  “No, you’re not,” I retorted (obnoxiously, being the 6th generation New Yorker that I am). “You LIVE in Brooklyn. People who are really from there don’t pronounce it like that.”

https://humanevents.com/2020/07/23/goodbye-washington-dc/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Goodbye, Washington DC.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 04:08:20 pm »
Not to blame the good folks who took the bait, but way back I knew that the fashionable and cool thing of moving back to large metro areas would end up being a mistake.  Urban revitalization?  Just tax grab.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Goodbye, Washington DC.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 05:39:42 pm »
Not to blame the good folks who took the bait, but way back I knew that the fashionable and cool thing of moving back to large metro areas would end up being a mistake.  Urban revitalization?  Just tax grab.

When so much is at stake, it is best to trust your instincts.  I bought a cheap place with a long commute 15 years ago, and am happy with that decision.  If the trash starts moving out here I will sell before it's too late.