Author Topic: Trump says he'd move to fill Supreme Court vacancy before his first term ends  (Read 581 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

President Trump on Tuesday said he’d move to fill a Supreme Court vacancy in the last five months of his first term if a seat opens up and that he has an unnamed prospect in mind.

“Absolutely, I’d do it. Sure,” Mr. Trump told radio host Hugh Hewitt. “If you’re talking about if something would happen now, … I would move quickly. Why not? I mean, they would. The Democrats would if they were in this position.”

He said he has an “excellent” candidate in mind, but declined to say who it was.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/11/donald-trump-says-hed-move-fill-supreme-court-vaca/
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

President Trump on Tuesday said he’d move to fill a Supreme Court vacancy in the last five months of his first term if a seat opens up and that he has an unnamed prospect in mind.

“Absolutely, I’d do it. Sure,” Mr. Trump told radio host Hugh Hewitt. “If you’re talking about if something would happen now, … I would move quickly. Why not? I mean, they would. The Democrats would if they were in this position.”

He said he has an “excellent” candidate in mind, but declined to say who it was.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/11/donald-trump-says-hed-move-fill-supreme-court-vaca/

I don't think there is a snowball's chance of that happening.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I don't think there is a snowball's chance of that happening.

They'll be an extended weekend at Bernies Ruthies before that happens.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

It's a shame the Pubs in the Senate would never back him.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Applewood

There has to be a vacancy first.  Silly thing for him to say. 

Offline skeeter

There has to be a vacancy first.  Silly thing for him to say.

How else should he have responded to a hypothetical question during a radio interview? 'No, I wouldn't'?

Offline PeteS in CA

Nominating judges is part of a President's job. What the Senate does is part of their job.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Amy Coney Barrett to replace Ruthie, if the vacancy arises...

Offline LegalAmerican

Amy Coney Barrett to replace Ruthie, if the vacancy arises...

I was going to post that.  AMY.  YES.  POTUS has a list ready.  I predict 5 Supreme Court nominated before end of both terms. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@bilo

I don't think it is just Trump. I don't think the alleged Republicans in the Senate would ever support anyone without the approval of the DNC.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dancer

That's what the #DeepState is all about.  They're on the same side and against our sovereignty.  NWO?  Globalism?  GOPe? 

Can you imagine what success we'd see if they would actually support our President? It is stunning to realize how much he has accomplished without their help.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Don't discount the possibility of one of the conservatives - say Thomas or Alito - deciding to retire.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

Don't discount the possibility of one of the conservatives - say Thomas or Alito - deciding to retire.

I'd heard that. But Breyer is ten years older than either of those two.

Why don't leftists ever gracefully leave the stage?

Offline aligncare

Because heaven won’t take them. And here’s the kicker: neither would hell.

Offline skeeter

Because heaven won’t take them. And here’s the kicker: neither would hell.

Must be why they're determined to re-create it here.

Offline PeteS in CA

Or maybe Neomi Rao. Let the Ds explain why they are fight against a "woman of color".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@skeeter

If diseases were easy to eradicate,there would be NO diseases.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

If diseases were easy to eradicate,there would be NO diseases.

Well, progressives ARE like herpes.