Author Topic: Arizona Primary Shows State Might Not be as Purple as Dems Thought  (Read 910 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Arizona Primary Shows State Might Not be as Purple as Dems Thought
Madeline Peltzer

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 8:00 AM

Democrats would like to think that Arizona is turning blue. But if Tuesday’s primary election is any indication, conquering the home of Barry Goldwater might not be as easy as it once seemed.

Last week, Townhall reported that PACs like Unite America, a progressive group backed by billionaire Biden supporter Kathryn Murdoch, was targeting red-district races between conservative and moderate candidates. By funneling hundreds of thousands of dollars toward the more liberal candidate, such groups sought to flip the state blue from the bottom up. But in District 15, conservative values triumphed over unprecedented levels of spending by out-of-state organizations. Conservative Senate candidate Nancy Barto soundly beat moderate incumbent Heather Carter in what was arguably the nastiest, most expensive race in the state. Barto doesn’t have a general election opponent, guaranteeing her a spot in the State Senate.

In her victory statement, Barto thanked her constituents for making an effort to “understand the times, to consider the issues we stand for, and come out and vote.” Center for Arizona Policy Action, a family values organization that endorsed Barto, said the win was evidence that Arizona voters “rejected the notion that they have no choice but to move to the left.”

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/madelinepeltzer/2020/08/11/arizona-primary-results-show-state-might-not-be-as-purple-as-dems-would-like-to-think-n2574057
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Arizona Primary Shows State Might Not be as Purple as Dems Thought
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 03:51:55 pm »
A good story.  I was part of the effort to get Jim O'Connor a write-in victory for the AZ Corporation Commission.  The Democrats got one of the Republican candidates disqualified from the Republican Primary, so before O'Connor's victory they had a guaranteed seat on the commission by virtue of there being only two GOP candidates running for three seats.  Now there are three.  On to November!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 04:01:00 pm »
A good story.  I was part of the effort to get Jim O'Connor a write-in victory for the AZ Corporation Commission.  The Democrats got one of the Republican candidates disqualified from the Republican Primary, so before O'Connor's victory they had a guaranteed seat on the commission by virtue of there being only two GOP candidates running for three seats.  Now there are three.  On to November!

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 04:31:30 pm »
888high58888

The story was very kind to give Precinct Committeemen the credit for getting O'Connor the write-in victory.  We stood outside of polling places all around the state in August summer heat, handing out business cards urging the write-ins, and we raised money to clear the $2,000 contribution requirement.  This was an effective "mustering of the troops." 

We're adding a lot more Republican voters in our registration drive than the Rats, too.  Mrs. Liberty and I spend several hours every week sitting in the vestibule at the local Ace Hardware.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 04:36:43 pm »

:smokin:
The Republic is lost.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 03:29:51 am »

It's great you are involved. 

It does not take many people to make a difference in a cause.

Generally, most causes have a few advocates. 

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 03:33:05 am »
The story was very kind to give Precinct Committeemen the credit for getting O'Connor the write-in victory.  We stood outside of polling places all around the state in August summer heat, handing out business cards urging the write-ins, and we raised money to clear the $2,000 contribution requirement.  This was an effective "mustering of the troops." 

We're adding a lot more Republican voters in our registration drive than the Rats, too.  Mrs. Liberty and I spend several hours every week sitting in the vestibule at the local Ace Hardware.

Fantastic !!!

Keep up the good work.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 01:45:16 pm »
Fantastic !!!

Keep up the good work.

Thanks!  We're blessed to be living in one of the "reddest" Counties in the US.  It's about 3:1 Republicans here.  The Dems don't even bother fielding or funding candidates for a number of the Offices.  My friend who's a County Supervisor ran unopposed the last two elections.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 11:38:41 pm »

It's that networking and collaboration that are so important.

In the end we are All people and want to live in good communities. 

However, the Orwellian efforts of the left are really starting to cause me concern.

I don't know what to think about the Hunter Biden issue.

But I am extremely annoyed with Twitter over their choice of sensorship.