Author Topic: Schoolteachers worrying about parents overhearing their brainwashing of students in online classes  (Read 455 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 11, 2020
Schoolteachers worrying about parents overhearing their brainwashing of students in online classes
By Thomas Lifson

The teachers’ unions might want to re-think their opposition to re-opening schools, given the priority some of them place on ideological indoctrination that can’t withstand the scrutiny of parents. Hank Berrien of The Daily Wire spotted a Twitter thread (now taken down, of course) in which public school teachers fretted over the possibility of parents finding out how their own children were being proselytized into radical doctrines on race and sexuality.

School, aka indoctrination center

On Saturday, a teacher posted a thread on Twitter in which he bemoaned the possibility that parents who had access to watching their children’s virtual classrooms would do damage to “honest conversations about gender/sexuality” that teachers would have with students.

The teacher, Matthew R. Kay, who was a founding teacher at Science Leadership Academy (SLA), a partnership high school between the School District of Philadelphia and The Franklin Institute, and authored the book,  Not Light, But Fire: How to Lead Meaningful Race Conversations in the Classroom, wrote:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/08/schoolteachers_worrying_about_parents_overhearing_their_brainwashing_of_students_in_online_classes.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

With all the demands the police be obligated to wear body cameras, why can't we have cameras in the public classrooms to see what goes on?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
With all the demands the police be obligated to wear body cameras, why can't we have cameras in the public classrooms to see what goes on?

We're getting that now, thanks to the Teachers Unions recalcitrance on re-opening the schools.  I've been maintaining since March that schools and teachers are going to lose students as parents get a load of what their kids are being taught.  When the dust settles, there are going to be a whole lot more private and home schooling going on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We're getting that now, thanks to the Teachers Unions recalcitrance on re-opening the schools.  I've been maintaining since March that schools and teachers are going to lose students as parents get a load of what their kids are being taught.  When the dust settles, there are going to be a whole lot more private and home schooling going on.

I'm almost willing to give into the teachers and keep things online. It's been the biggest boon to homeschooling in history.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Wonderful idea.

Hard evidence of what these Trotskyites are doing.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline AL

I'll bet the teachers and their unions are worried, and they should be, all of them K thru 20 are overpaid for their short work year, where they work in modern, very expensive schools, students riding there in expensive fleets of busses or living in dorms.  Why is it we have to pay taxes all of our lifetime when we use public education for only 12 or so years.  The liberals with their affirmative action, and their unions have degraded public school education with all of their social engineering.  Its a good thing teachers are worried about parents discovering just how corrupted education has become.  I wish someone would run an experiment and find out how well students would do on college entrance exams from say 1960 to 70.

Online Hoodat

Why do we force kids to do online school when it is only the teachers who want it.  Let the kids go to class, and let the teacher log in remotely to teach.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

"there are going to be a whole lot more private and home schooling going on'

I'd like to see a lot more firings as well.
You can't do away with public schools entirely. But they can be reformed....with firings and threats of harsh punishments.

Offline goatprairie

I'll bet the teachers and their unions are worried, and they should be, all of them K thru 20 are overpaid for their short work year, where they work in modern, very expensive schools, students riding there in expensive fleets of busses or living in dorms.  Why is it we have to pay taxes all of our lifetime when we use public education for only 12 or so years.  The liberals with their affirmative action, and their unions have degraded public school education with all of their social engineering.  Its a good thing teachers are worried about parents discovering just how corrupted education has become.  I wish someone would run an experiment and find out how well students would do on college entrance exams from say 1960 to 70.
You pay for public schools the same way you pay for public parks, sidewalks, streets that you might not use.
Public schools are considered  as a way to make good citizens out of the students. At least, that was the goal when they were first created. And for many decades they did perform that function fairly well.
But now with the infestation of leftism in public schools for the last fifty years, it seems they're trying to create mind-numbed, little leftist robots. And from watching the riots over the summer, it seems like their foul efforts have borne fruition.

Offline goatprairie

Why do we force kids to do online school when it is only the teachers who want it.  Let the kids go to class, and let the teacher log in remotely to teach.
Good idea. Cameras can be arranged so teachers can see what the little darlings are doing (or not doing) without having to move from their secluded chairs.

Offline LegalAmerican

August 11, 2020
Schoolteachers worrying about parents overhearing their brainwashing of students in online classes
By Thomas Lifson

The teachers’ unions might want to re-think their opposition to re-opening schools, given the priority some of them place on ideological indoctrination that can’t withstand the scrutiny of parents. Hank Berrien of The Daily Wire spotted a Twitter thread (now taken down, of course) in which public school teachers fretted over the possibility of parents finding out how their own children were being proselytized into radical doctrines on race and sexuality.

School, aka indoctrination center

On Saturday, a teacher posted a thread on Twitter in which he bemoaned the possibility that parents who had access to watching their children’s virtual classrooms would do damage to “honest conversations about gender/sexuality” that teachers would have with students.

The teacher, Matthew R. Kay, who was a founding teacher at Science Leadership Academy (SLA), a partnership high school between the School District of Philadelphia and The Franklin Institute, and authored the book,  Not Light, But Fire: How to Lead Meaningful Race Conversations in the Classroom, wrote:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/08/schoolteachers_worrying_about_parents_overhearing_their_brainwashing_of_students_in_online_classes.html

Yes, Hitler had the same schools for children.  My mom would not allow me to join, Blue Birds, Brownies, or Girl Scouts, because of that. As a child, I did not know,  of course. I just felt ' punished'.  My friends were in these groups.

School, aka indoctrination center= ARTICLE

Offline LegalAmerican

888high58888

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"there are going to be a whole lot more private and home schooling going on'

I'd like to see a lot more firings as well.
You can't do away with public schools entirely. But they can be reformed....with firings and threats of harsh punishments.

Thanks for not dinging me for that nonparallel sentence structure!   :police: happy77
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

A note from the past.
Our forebears were self-taught, including our Founders.
Consider; Socrates enlightened Plato who in turn enlightened Aristotle.
But we, who assert our greatness, consider credentials, such as diplomas
and degrees, substitutes for the eternal wisdom of the past.
So herding children into rooms to listen to blather from nobodies,
will reproduce the Wise Men of Ancient Greece.
Why of course it will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 04:22:50 am by Absalom »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

I have mostly been fairly anti-online and remote on most things, except for college education, until the virus hit. It has completely changed my perspective.

My nephew has been doing things online for school and is doing just fine. They can monitor his studies more, and negate the propaganda much more easily.

My sis and bro-in-law have been working remotely for about the same amount of time. My BIL's company in particular was resistant to it at first. Being forced to do it more or less, now they've done a 180. Productivity is up, and the slackers who do nothing have been rooted out. They are actually talking about expanding the work-at-home for the whole company, and many other companies are doing the same thing.

My sis/BIL are now talking about moving out of the city back to the rural areas because of the ability to work remote.

I literally could see this as a boon to dying small towns, especially now I imagine with so many wanting to flee the city.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 12:19:39 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

No,they aren't worried.They have union jobs and contracts,and the entire weight of the globalist left supporting their efforts.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I think parents should have the ability to tune in on any classroom, especially if their children are there. I believe they should be able to do so without the teacher knowing if anyone was watching or not.

First, sick kids could sit at home while recovering and follow the class material from home while not infecting their classmates.

Allegations of bullying would be either substantiated or refuted on video, and the parents would have the ability to watch, not only how other students interact with their kid, but teacher/student interactions as well.

Third, curriculum could be monitored, as presented, and inconsistencies and inaccuracies challenged, either in a one on one environment with your student, or en masse with the teacher.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

I have a sixth grade arithmetic book from the 1920s. I doubt many HS students could do the average chapter test.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I would not trust educators.

Maybe trust  the military
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Smokin Joe

I would not trust educators.

Maybe trust  the military
The Military has a vested interest in keeping units combat effective, which is a numbers game.

The more effective the individual soldier, the more effective potential the unit has, and with the right leadership, it can flourish.

The most effective soldiers seem to gravitate toward special forces, where a mission oriented environment may minimize BS, and their talents can be put to good use.

At least that's how it looks from the sidelines. If I'm wrong, educate me.

C S Lewis