Author Topic: Calif. Real Estate  (Read 715 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Calif. Real Estate
« on: August 11, 2020, 01:24:31 am »

There are currently only 18 "distressed sales*, in Orange County  over 3 million pop.), the lowest ever.

It is truly a sellers' market. List at a reasonable price, and watch it sell in days,

* distressed defined as foreclosure or short sale.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Calif. Real Estate
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 01:05:56 pm »
No thank you.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 01:35:33 pm »

There are currently only 18 "distressed sales*, in Orange County  over 3 million pop.), the lowest ever.

It is truly a sellers' market. List at a reasonable price, and watch it sell in days,

* distressed defined as foreclosure or short sale.

Not just a trend for SOCAL.  And for a number of reasons...

In the Pandemic norm, disposable income has to go somewhere, and just as in the case of record Swimming Pool sales, and staycations, the home is being looked at more than just an abode.

Interest are rates low, but may be short lived, when the lagging indicator of the national impact of fed debt starts infliltrating into monetary policy.

Investment options and opportunites have grinded to near zero.  Times like these dictate flights to safety like metals and real estate.  Though IMO, better real estate to get into is farm or timber land.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 01:45:00 pm »
Not just a trend for SOCAL.  And for a number of reasons...

In the Pandemic norm, disposable income has to go somewhere, and just as in the case of record Swimming Pool sales, and staycations, the home is being looked at more than just an abode.

Interest are rates low, but may be short lived, when the lagging indicator of the national impact of fed debt starts infliltrating into monetary policy.

Investment options and opportunites have grinded to near zero.  Times like these dictate flights to safety like metals and real estate.  Though IMO, better real estate to get into is farm or timber land.

In related news, the DJIA just broke 28,000, reaching for the all-time high it had before the lockdowns.  :shrug:

It's been a white-knuckle ride.  I'm glad I converted to real estate 2 years ago.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 02:10:12 pm »
In related news, the DJIA just broke 28,000, reaching for the all-time high it had before the lockdowns.  :shrug:

It's been a white-knuckle ride.  I'm glad I converted to real estate 2 years ago.

Yes it has.  And right now (and again IMO) the market is about 10-20% oversold.  P/E ratios , and especially in the tech sector have a strangely sour '00-'01 taste to it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 02:13:36 pm »
Yes it has.  And right now (and again IMO) the market is about 10-20% oversold.  P/E ratios , and especially in the tech sector have a strangely sour '00-'01 taste to it.

Jeez. I've been planning on looking into options for converting at least some of my 401k, if there are any.

Online catfish1957

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 02:29:40 pm »
Jeez. I've been planning on looking into options for converting at least some of my 401k, if there are any.

Don't forget.  just my opinion.  I've been wrong, and March is a good example.  I moved zero to equities after the crash, though I knew better.  Though outside AAPL, which has some huge infrastructure market advantages, I will not touch the sector.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 02:30:58 pm by catfish1957 »