Author Topic: House will be out of session for additional week in September  (Read 340 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House will be out of session for additional week in September
« on: August 10, 2020, 05:59:49 pm »
House will be out of session for additional week in September
By Juliegrace Brufke - 08/10/20 01:51 PM EDT

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) announced Monday that the chamber won’t be called back into session until the week of Sept. 14, giving members an additional week in their districts next month.

Lawmakers have been advised that they could be called back before then if there's a deal on coronavirus-relief legislation. He said they would given 24 hours notice in the event of a vote.

The House was previously scheduled to be back in session Sept. 8. Monday's announcement gives incumbents more time to campaign in their districts ahead of November’s election.

If lawmakers don't return until mid-September, they'll face a tight deadline to pass government funding legislation by Sept. 30 to avert a shutdown.

Under the new schedule, House lawmakers will only be in Washington for six weeks through the end of the calendar year.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/511337-house-will-be-out-of-session-for-additional-week-in-september
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: House will be out of session for additional week in September
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 01:01:01 am »
I prefer that both the House and the Senate be "out-of-session" for about 50 weeks per year...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 01:15:44 am »
I prefer that both the House and the Senate be "out-of-session" for about 50 weeks per year...

The Senate GOP majority I can deal with for the most part ... I'd like to see the House vacate till after it is announced that Trump has won by a landslide!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline dancer

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 06:41:40 am »
I prefer that we fire the whole bunch.  Give them the option to either show up and do your job or no paycheck for you.  Audit! Audit! Audit!  Find out who owns them and gives them their 30 pieces of silver for betraying us.  Jail terms may apply.  Or tall tree branches.  Is it time, Claire???