Author Topic: Thousands of bikers heading to South Dakota rally to be blocked at tribal land checkpoints  (Read 683 times)

Offline libertybele

I believe some of these people are the same group that tried to block Trump supporters from attending his gathering at Mt. Rushmore.

Thousands of bikers heading to South Dakota rally to be blocked at tribal land checkpoints

A convoy consisting of thousands of bikers headed for a South Dakota rally will not be allowed to cross Cheyenne River Sioux checkpoints on their way to the event, according to a Native American spokesman.

The spokesman said Saturday that the band of travelers would be stopped on their way to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, in the name of preventing coronavirus from spreading any further.

The seven tribes that make up the Sioux Nation are now in a fight with federal and state officials, who deemed such checkpoints to be illegal.

A duty officer for the Cheyenne River Sioux told the Guardian Saturday that commercial and emergency vehicles will be allowed through the checkpoints, but nothing else. Some reservations have reportedly turned away bikers already.

Crowds had gathered for the start of the 10-day event on Friday, with many bikers adopting an attitude of defiance toward the COVID-19 restrictions that have drastically changed day-to-day life..........

“Screw COVID,” read the design on one of the T-shirts being sold. “I went to Sturgis.”

Gov. Kristi Noem, a Republican, has supported the Sturgis rally, citing the fact that no infections were reported as a result of the event held by President Trump at Mt. Rushmore last month. She's also avoided a mask mandate and highlighted the idea of personal responsibility.

For Arizona resident Stephen Sample, 66, who rode his bike to the event, the gathering is a break from the mostly monotonous routine of the last several months.

“I don’t want to die, but I don’t want to be cooped up all my life either,” he said.

Some of the crowd at Sturgis is composed of retirees and people in the age range deemed to be at risk from the coronavirus........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/bikers-south-dakota-rally-blocked-tribal-checkpoints
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Blocking Bikers from a party?  Yeah, that ought to end well.

:2popcorn:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Some of the crowd at Sturgis is composed of retirees and people in the age range deemed to be at risk from the coronavirus........
Which also means less likely to be asymptomatic—if they have it, they'll drop out of crowds pretty rapidly, minimizing spread.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If a tribe can stop citizens at its borders in the pretext of containing the spread of a disease, then I assert a state like Texas can block its borders as well in the name of containing the spread of a disease like liberalism.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

If a tribe can stop citizens at its borders in the pretext of containing the spread of a disease, then I assert a state like Texas can block its borders as well in the name of containing the spread of a disease like liberalism.

BINGO!   Or.   BLOCKING ALL ILLEGALS IN TEXAS. 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fine. Reroute traffic, blow the bridges, and destroy the roads. Build new roads around the Rez.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 01:58:21 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Injuns better be careful this is not the "Battle of the Greasy Grass" 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

84 arrests, 226 citations and 18 crashes reported in 24 hours at massive motorcycle rally in South Dakota
August 10, 2020 / 7:11 AM
CBS

South Dakota authorities on Sunday reported the first haul of crashes, arrests and citations from the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in the western part of the state. The annual rally started on Friday, drawing thousands of maskless riders to the streets and bars of Sturgis.

While organizers have said they expect fewer visitors than in other years, the Argus Leader reports the number of arrests and citations have increased from last year.

The Department of Public Safety reported that police made 84 arrests for driving under the influence or drug-related offenses during a 24-hour period spanning from Saturday into Sunday morning. That's up from last year ...
More from SeeBS News
Maskless.  888mouth

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I fail to understand how people riding down highways in the open are contributing to the virus spread.

Because they aren't. This is just the tribes aiding and abetting the leftist agenda.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

If most of the bikers are getting there via I-90, which goes by Sturgis, then there's little chance of any of them being blocked. I'm not aware that there are any Sioux reservations in the Black Hills either. The Black Hills is the most scenic part of the state and the one most likely to be toured by bikers.
So unless bikers are coming in be two-lane state highways, it's doubtful more than a small percentage will have problems with roadblocks. Tooling around the Badlands might be a different story as much of the land lies in and around Indian reservations.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sioux Nation will block bikers headed to Sturgis rally, citing coronavirus concerns
https://nypost.com/2020/08/09/sioux-nation-to-block-bikers-headed-to-sturgis-rally/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sioux Nation will block bikers headed to Sturgis rally, citing coronavirus concerns
https://nypost.com/2020/08/09/sioux-nation-to-block-bikers-headed-to-sturgis-rally/

Other residents wanted the rally to be postponed, but businesses insisted they needed the event to stave off any further economic ruin that occurred as a result of the shutdowns.

If people can't make a living they might as well be dying.  The sheeple advocating lockdowns are already dead from the neck up and the rot is working its way down the rest of the body
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Now this is the sort of thing that could evolve into a civil war....