Author Topic: Trump’s triumphant-end run around the Democrats  (Read 3074 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Trump’s triumphant-end run around the Democrats
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2020, 09:33:05 pm »
You might be able to get that $300 limit increased by contacting your bank.  I can do it online at mine.

I hate banks. Already tried. It's a piddlin little account, just there to receive online payments. There ain't enough action on it for the bank to care... And that same limit is on my debit card too... So I am boned, other than I don't use plastic except to buy parts for non-existent computer ad small engine repairs.

I am a cash guy. Easy. When I run out of money I am out of money. No overdrafts... no credit lines... I threw all that out and won't go back. Ever. And I keep a ledger with a pencil. How's that coming from an uber-geek?  :laugh:

But all the same, there's a few grand in there that would really be helpful right now.  :whistle:

Offline DB

« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2020, 09:37:58 pm »
May I ask what crappy bank it is?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2020, 09:48:55 pm »
The only income I have that I can count on right now is meager online work as a site manager. It'a really nothing much. That dough comes into my account directly, as all of that is paid monthly by credit card by my clients... But I can only get at my money 300 bucks at a time, delivered via ATM in 20 dollar bills. My business as a computer tech has dropped off the face of the planet. I am surviving mainly on stores, forage, fishing, the garden, and what little trade I get from hillbillies... Other than the beef we took to freezer camp a couple months ago, restocking has been hard to do, but harvest is here, and I will be topped off and then some shortly. And I am doubling down. I will have a year's worth stored up by the end of harvest,and I am going hunting for sure this year, and will get an elk in the freezer good Lord willing.

Last month, without the online dough I can't really get at, and without really resorting to printing a balance sheet, I made something around five to seven hundred bucks. SO don't think for a minute I am unaffected.

The exception is that I possess alternatives to a raw money income stream in barter and forage and farm, which will keep my belly full regardless. And I own my house, and the new place up in the holler. That's different life decisions than most all y'all, and right now I am kickin it because of it. Hillbilly Deluxe. The rest of the time, y'all would laugh at how I live, which is surely meager by comparison to most folks... But right now, when the chips are down, is why I live the way I do. Hard times always come. Hard scrabble is where I shine, because I have done it all along.

I DID get the 1200 bucks from uncle, and it went to pay my property taxes. Every bit of it. So woohoo.

I commend you for your lifestyle.  Some would see that as a hard life, I see it as "real" life.  If ONLY everyone was able to sustain themselves like you are able to do things would be much different, and in the suburbs it is nearly impossible, that's why I stockpiled dehydrated food. Minimal space for a garden and around here even chickens aren't allowed -- wild boar and gator can be hunted during season, but few people even know how. There's always fish (which I can't stand), but even that's risky because of the contaminants in the waters.

Perhaps the silver lining to any of this is perhaps people will realize how much they can cut back and do without.  Maybe even save a few pennies for a rainy day.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2020, 09:55:10 pm »
Agreed.

Loved this:  "Suspend student loan payments. (It’s to be hoped that Trump will not ultimately endorse Elizabeth Warren’s demand that the Wuhan virus should be used as an excuse to forgive all student loans. If someone was stupid enough to get a $300,000 gender studies degree, taxpayers should not be on the hook."

:thumbsup:   Most NON-RIGHTS...never had any intention of paying that back anyway! 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2020, 09:56:59 pm »
So that YOU can better grasp the situation??    :laugh:

Good one.   888high58888   

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2020, 09:59:31 pm »
You blame Trump when he simply signs what congress puts in front of him. Now you're criticizing him for taking the initiative and trying to bring things under control.

There's just no pleasing you.

THAT is the 'way' of the NON-RIGHTS.  Never happy.  Even a study was made about NON-RIGHTS.  NEVER HAPPY.  They HAVE to 'hate' somebody.   

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2020, 10:01:30 pm »
LOL!

In the REAL world, many people don't have enough money to pay their rent.  Or, to feed their children ice-cream when they deserve it.

In the REAL world, those landlords are on the hook for mucho dinero.  In the REAL world, equity loans on real estate are only for certain zip codes and/or credit scores.

They need the help yesterday.  Not in the coming weeks when the Democrats...who thrive on misery to maintain their base, decide it's the time to appear like some White Knight.

Donald Trump snuck up on Nancy and Chuck and yanked their pants down around their ankles.

And, he ain't even a politician.   

:2popcorn:

Nice comment.    :silly:   888high58888

Offline libertybele

« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2020, 10:05:27 pm »
The only income I have that I can count on right now is meager online work as a site manager. It'a really nothing much. That dough comes into my account directly, as all of that is paid monthly by credit card by my clients... But I can only get at my money 300 bucks at a time, delivered via ATM in 20 dollar bills. My business as a computer tech has dropped off the face of the planet. I am surviving mainly on stores, forage, fishing, the garden, and what little trade I get from hillbillies... Other than the beef we took to freezer camp a couple months ago, restocking has been hard to do, but harvest is here, and I will be topped off and then some shortly. And I am doubling down. I will have a year's worth stored up by the end of harvest,and I am going hunting for sure this year, and will get an elk in the freezer good Lord willing.

Last month, without the online dough I can't really get at, and without really resorting to printing a balance sheet, I made something around five to seven hundred bucks. SO don't think for a minute I am unaffected.

The exception is that I possess alternatives to a raw money income stream in barter and forage and farm, which will keep my belly full regardless. And I own my house, and the new place up in the holler. That's different life decisions than most all y'all, and right now I am kickin it because of it. Hillbilly Deluxe. The rest of the time, y'all would laugh at how I live, which is surely meager by comparison to most folks... But right now, when the chips are down, is why I live the way I do. Hard times always come. Hard scrabble is where I shine, because I have done it all along.

I DID get the 1200 bucks from uncle, and it went to pay my property taxes. Every bit of it. So woohoo.

Did that limit just start because of the pandemic?  Our bank had put a limit on one transaction per day and there was a cash limit as well right after the pandemic hit. That went on for about a month. At first I was in a panic at the time when I got to the bank and doors were locked with signs on the door posting the limits and we had to use the drive-thru or ATM only.  Slowly but surely, day by day, we took out savings and only left in enough to pay bills.  We've never put it back.  No reason to.  It's not like the bank was paying us any decent interest anyways.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2020, 10:11:18 pm »
It looks like he's taking a couple of approaches.  He's shifting already appropriated but unspent monies from emergency funds.   That's good - murder of the economy by neglect of Congress is an emergency.   

He is also declaring a payroll tax holiday but by law those amounts will need to be paid next year.  He is daring Congress to pass the law that will sanction a "true " holiday.

I think this is all legal, ballsy and brilliant.

I don't understand why people don't 'see' how this needs to be done and it is just temporary.  Some worry about 'laws' or legality, ONLY FOR THE REPUBLICANS....the the demon-rats get by with corruption all the time.  MONEY LAUNDERING OUR TAXES INTO UKRAINE & AND CHINA....that is just something brushed aside, by NON RIGHTS.   PELOSI ripping up STATE OF UNION address....NOTHING DONE ABOUT THAT WITH THE NON-RIGHTS.  THAT WAS NOT LEGAL. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2020, 10:13:31 pm »
May I ask what crappy bank it is?

Doesn't matter. They're all shut off here. Not exactly OFF, but pretty much. No lobby service. I can get at the drive-through if I hit it just right... But I am only in town about once a month, and as luck would have it, I just went, and they happened to be closed for cleaning or something. So I got 300 in 20's and I will see again next month. No, that ain't right... I can try again tomorrow - Going up to the big box stores, but since I am out, I may as well try again and see... Other than that, I may go that way to get over to the feed store in  a couple weeks, but probably not till next time around...  :shrug:

Same for government stuff. State and Fed. Online access is all. And mandatory masks... which  will not do.

This is all for around 500 cases in the state... It is insufferable bullcrap

Offline DB

« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2020, 10:20:15 pm »
Doesn't matter. They're all shut off here. Not exactly OFF, but pretty much. No lobby service. I can get at the drive-through if I hit it just right... But I am only in town about once a month, and as luck would have it, I just went, and they happened to be closed for cleaning or something. So I got 300 in 20's and I will see again next month. No, that ain't right... I can try again tomorrow - Going up to the big box stores, but since I am out, I may as well try again and see... Other than that, I may go that way to get over to the feed store in  a couple weeks, but probably not till next time around...  :shrug:

Same for government stuff. State and Fed. Online access is all. And mandatory masks... which  will not do.

This is all for around 500 cases in the state... It is insufferable bullcrap

What is the reason for not using the account to pay things electronically that will accept electronic payments? There shouldn't be any transaction fees for doing that most of the time. I've been using electronic banking since it started in the early 90's. It was a bulletin board dial-up modem connection years before the Internet came along...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2020, 10:32:31 pm »

THAT is the 'way' of the NON-RIGHTS.  Never happy.  Even a study was made about NON-RIGHTS.  NEVER HAPPY.  They HAVE to 'hate' somebody.   

Horse crap. I don't hate anyone. And I'll bet I'm happier than most. Just not with NYC liberals spending other people's money and then calling it the most conservative administration EVAH. Total nonsense.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2020, 10:39:22 pm »
Did that limit just start because of the pandemic?  Our bank had put a limit on one transaction per day and there was a cash limit as well right after the pandemic hit. That went on for about a month. At first I was in a panic at the time when I got to the bank and doors were locked with signs on the door posting the limits and we had to use the drive-thru or ATM only.  Slowly but surely, day by day, we took out savings and only left in enough to pay bills.  We've never put it back.  No reason to.  It's not like the bank was paying us any decent interest anyways.

I don't know. I didn't have plastic till the Woohan flu. I literally had to learn how to use an ATM, as I had never used one before. All I ever did was walk into the bank lobby, hustle the tellers, pull out the Benjamins, and walk off every once a month or so.

DID have a chance, a little while back, as the lobby opened up for a little while there, so I got to clean it out once. But the active cases started rising (because of higher testing and summer folks coming in to avoid the cities) and the governor clamped it back down and imposed a public mask thing.

Really it is only banks, utilities and government buildings... Everything else is open, and maybe a quarter to a half the people are actually doing the mask thing... So nearly normal other than that.

Offline DB

« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2020, 10:47:26 pm »
I don't know. I didn't have plastic till the Woohan flu. I literally had to learn how to use an ATM, as I had never used one before. All I ever did was walk into the bank lobby, hustle the tellers, pull out the Benjamins, and walk off every once a month or so.

DID have a chance, a little while back, as the lobby opened up for a little while there, so I got to clean it out once. But the active cases started rising (because of higher testing and summer folks coming in to avoid the cities) and the governor clamped it back down and imposed a public mask thing.

Really it is only banks, utilities and government buildings... Everything else is open, and maybe a quarter to a half the people are actually doing the mask thing... So nearly normal other than that.

You sound like me only with a smart phone... I only use one when I have too... I can barely send a text...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2020, 10:48:31 pm »
What is the reason for not using the account to pay things electronically that will accept electronic payments? There shouldn't be any transaction fees for doing that most of the time. I've been using electronic banking since it started in the early 90's. It was a bulletin board dial-up modem connection years before the Internet came along...

Utility lobbies are all closed, so I have been paying those online. And all my parts and materials for the computer business come from out of state and online. But my tendency is to be an introvert, so I arranged myself to go around and see people in the lobbies to combat that natural tendency... And in simplifying things, I found that cash is easiest to manage, so I went back to all cash and a pencil ledger.

I am not well set up for electronic payments, especially reconciling, and would love to avoid getting set up that way. I haven't owned an Intuit product in the last decade. But if I continue being forced into using the debit card I am going to have to.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2020, 10:52:49 pm »
I am surviving mainly on stores, forage, fishing, the garden, and what little trade I get from hillbillies... Other than the beef we took to freezer camp a couple months ago, restocking has been hard to do, but harvest is here, and I will be topped off and then some shortly. And I am doubling down. I will have a year's worth stored up by the end of harvest,and I am going hunting for sure this year, and will get an elk in the freezer good Lord willing.

I admire, nay I *covet*, your capability for self reliance.
James 1:20

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2020, 10:57:00 pm »
You sound like me only with a smart phone... I only use one when I have too... I can barely send a text...

LOL! Don't get me started. I say, "Hey Giggles..." and she says, "what?" And I say, "Call up mamma on the telephone"... and she says, "WTF are you going on about? I can't tell a damn thing coming out of your hillbilly pie-hole. Jeez you talk like you're from Alabama"...

I need an assistant with two first names that calls me sugar.

As for text... I know how, but it is evil. Why the heck do you want to have a conversation like that, with me squinchin to see what it says? So if it is more than two parts, I just call and see what they want. Wish folks would get a clue. I can say more in two minutes of a phone call than you can do in 50 texts.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2020, 11:00:27 pm »
I admire, nay I *covet*, your capability for self reliance.

Thank you for your kind reply.  :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2020, 11:23:41 pm »
I commend you for your lifestyle.  Some would see that as a hard life, I see it as "real" life.  If ONLY everyone was able to sustain themselves like you are able to do things would be much different, and in the suburbs it is nearly impossible, that's why I stockpiled dehydrated food. Minimal space for a garden and around here even chickens aren't allowed -- wild boar and gator can be hunted during season, but few people even know how. There's always fish (which I can't stand), but even that's risky because of the contaminants in the waters.

Perhaps the silver lining to any of this is perhaps people will realize how much they can cut back and do without.  Maybe even save a few pennies for a rainy day.

Thanks for that. Our garden is about a 1/2 acre and feeds four houses and then some. We put up 100 chickens already and are fixin to do another 100... but that will have to wait till after harvest, so them will be some big birds.

But it ain't all that hard. An eighth-acre of raised beds would go a long, long way for most folks... Heck, I could probably live off of that here, which is basically on one planting... and where you are there's at least two, maybe three plantings, and I would not be surprised if you couldn't grow all year around. I only eat fresh out of the garden in the late spring and early summer, and the only thing I can stagger-plant is the fast stuff like lettuce and radishes. Everything else is one shot, one harvest in August.

But even case goods, garden tails, and buying flats through a wholesaler to put up... You'd save a mint, and have a full pantry... And no worries for months. You should think on it. And grow something!

:laugh: :beer:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2020, 11:33:22 pm »
Most mortgages have their property included in their monthly payments.  PITI.  Principal, Interest, Taxes and Insurance. 
And property taxes WOULD not increase, that much. As your home gets older, the taxes will not increase.  Is your home paid off?  Then you need to pay your own, quarterly taxes. Since you aren't paying any mortgage, I am sure you can afford to pay only property tax.  An average yearly property tax is about, $1,000.00 dollars.  If you are in California, it may be $3,000.00 + a year, but it also means you have an expensive home.  I don't 'see' an increase in property taxes, as being a hardship on homeowners, that it will make them, lose their homes. I used to be a realtor too, besides doing 1040 taxes and working for CPA firm and banks in the past.  You must, HAVE some equity in your home too, if paid off.  That is not a valid argument about property taxes.

Quote from: libertybele on Today at 03:12:08 PM
:amen:  Prices are already skyrocketing.  Food prices have gone up significantly in the past several months. Taxes will increase, it's just a matter of time.  Let's see ... all kinds of people are being given mortgage and rent forgiveness...so who is going to pay the property taxes??  No worries for them.  Worries for anyone able to pay their mortgage or own their homes outright as their property taxes will skyrocket. Ours has already gone up for the year. Property taxes will skyrocket forcing many out of their homes.

As I stated, this scenario is not sustainable.  People really need to stop and think of what all this "free" money is really going to cost us.

SKEETER;
What do you tell people whom government covid policy has thrown out of work?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2020, 11:42:26 pm »
Most mortgages have their property included in their monthly payments.  PITI.  Principal, Interest, Taxes and Insurance. 
And property taxes WOULD not increase, that much. As your home gets older, the taxes will not increase.  Is your home paid off?  Then you need to pay your own, quarterly taxes. Since you aren't paying any mortgage, I am sure you can afford to pay only property tax.  An average yearly property tax is about, $1,000.00 dollars.  If you are in California, it may be $3,000.00 + a year, but it also means you have an expensive home.  I don't 'see' an increase in property taxes, as being a hardship on homeowners, that it will make them, lose their homes. I used to be a realtor too, besides doing 1040 taxes and working for CPA firm and banks in the past.  You must, HAVE some equity in your home too, if paid off.  That is not a valid argument about property taxes.

:amen:  Prices are already skyrocketing.  Food prices have gone up significantly in the past several months. Taxes will increase, it's just a matter of time.  Let's see ... all kinds of people are being given mortgage and rent forgiveness...so who is going to pay the property taxes??  No worries for them.  Worries for anyone able to pay their mortgage or own their homes outright as their property taxes will skyrocket. Ours has already gone up for the year. Property taxes will skyrocket forcing many out of their homes.

As I stated, this scenario is not sustainable.  People really need to stop and think of what all this "free" money is really going to cost us.

SKEETER;
I tell them perhaps its time they rethink their political allegiances. If Ronald Reagan, Pete Wilson, or hell even George Dukmejian were governor we probably wouldn't be suffering as we are under the greasy haired fop we have now.

Arnold is the exception that would prove the rule.

BTW concerning property taxes in CA, I'd wager the average house in the bay area costs $15k in annual property taxes. The least expensive is closer to $10 or $12k. Try paying those after being locked out of work for 6 months.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 11:52:06 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2020, 11:46:31 pm »
Thanks for that. Our garden is about a 1/2 acre and feeds four houses and then some. We put up 100 chickens already and are fixin to do another 100... but that will have to wait till after harvest, so them will be some big birds.

But it ain't all that hard. An eighth-acre of raised beds would go a long, long way for most folks... Heck, I could probably live off of that here, which is basically on one planting... and where you are there's at least two, maybe three plantings, and I would not be surprised if you couldn't grow all year around. I only eat fresh out of the garden in the late spring and early summer, and the only thing I can stagger-plant is the fast stuff like lettuce and radishes. Everything else is one shot, one harvest in August.

But even case goods, garden tails, and buying flats through a wholesaler to put up... You'd save a mint, and have a full pantry... And no worries for months. You should think on it. And grow something!

:laugh: :beer:

@roamer_1  I bought a 4x8 raised bed and I used black cow and organic soil and I planted lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers, zucchini and watermelon.  Everything was growing just fine -- lettuce came in and then I realized that our sprinkler system is on reclaimed water (recycled sewage) so not exactly the best water for a garden.  So I decided that I could wash everything and it should be ok. I normally have a green thumb with everything that I touch ... sadly not so much for my garden. Lettuce came in first, but I think I picked too late because it started sprouting and the leaves were tough.  The peppers started to come in but only actually got to eat one -- the others shriveled and I watered them every day with the hose.  Zucchini never came up, nor the cucumbers or watermelon.  Tomatoes did ok, but again I think I picked too late not too juicy.  Temps here get in the 90's and the garden was in full sun almost all day.

So...I turned the 4x8 it into a butterfly garden that has been fairly successful, but as I was digging the soil before planting,  I had a bunch of newts or maybe baby monitor lizards in the soil that may have eaten my veg. garden.  We live on a fresh water canal so I think "creatures" helped themselves. (Dang nab it).

My daughter picked some seeds up for me awhile ago, but the virus hit and I haven't ventured to Home Depot -- I was just going to put several large whiskey barrels along the other fence further away from the canal on the east side of the house and try my luck with squash, cucumbers and lettuce ... maybe a few tomato plants and see what happens.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.   happy77
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 11:50:17 pm by libertybele »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2020, 12:02:33 am »
@roamer_1  I bought a 4x8 raised bed and I used black cow and organic soil and I planted lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers, zucchini and watermelon.  Everything was growing just fine -- lettuce came in and then I realized that our sprinkler system is on reclaimed water (recycled sewage) so not exactly the best water for a garden.  So I decided that I could wash everything and it should be ok. I normally have a green thumb with everything that I touch ... sadly not so much for my garden. Lettuce came in first, but I think I picked too late because it started sprouting and the leaves were tough.  The peppers started to come in but only actually got to eat one -- the others shriveled and I watered them every day with the hose.  Zucchini never came up, nor the cucumbers or watermelon.  Tomatoes did ok, but again I think I picked too late not too juicy.  Temps here get in the 90's and the garden was in full sun almost all day.

So...I turned the 4x8 it into a butterfly garden that has been fairly successful, but as I was digging the soil before planting,  I had a bunch of newts or maybe baby monitor lizards in the soil that may have eaten my veg. garden.  We live on a fresh water canal so I think "creatures" helped themselves. (Dang nab it).

My daughter picked some seeds up for me awhile ago, but the virus hit and I haven't ventured to Home Depot -- I was just going to put several large whiskey barrels along the other fence further away from the canal on the east side of the house and try my luck with squash, cucumbers and lettuce ... maybe a few tomato plants and see what happens.

Now see, here's the beauty of a raised bed system...
There's a lightweight screen cloth that comes either straight or as a sun shade product - I never have used the sun shade one up in here, so I can't tell you... But I use it on cabbages (well all brasicas) to keep the beetles of em. - In your case, you could make PVC hoops, attach them to your raised bed, and cover the whole thing with that stuff... Then you just let up one side or the other to work on it, and be sure to put it back down... No more newts or whatever, I reckon.

I dunno... I am not capable in your region... But I am sure there are folks down there that do know.

I wish I could remember the name of that stuff... I will try to remember to look while I am down at the ranch and write you back... But if I don't, it's an ag product used by market farmers all the time, and comes on a roll... Your ranck or garden store will know...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2020, 12:13:30 am »

Well, OK...you asked......

Kill it with fire.  You can always rebuild the house.  Insurance will kick in some, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2020, 12:22:03 am »

SKEETER;

What?

Taxes can very easily go up on an old house.

In California the median house price is about $600,000. The property tax for that will be around $7,800 a year and likely go up 2% each year.