Author Topic: Trump’s triumphant-end run around the Democrats  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump’s triumphant-end run around the Democrats
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2020, 05:58:19 pm »
It looks like he's taking a couple of approaches.  He's shifting already appropriated but unspent monies from emergency funds.   That's good - murder of the economy by neglect of Congress is an emergency.   

He is also declaring a payroll tax holiday but by law those amounts will need to be paid next year.  He is daring Congress to pass the law that will sanction a "true " holiday.

I think this is all legal, ballsy and brilliant.

Legal or not, it does put the Rats into the position of trying to take the candy away from the Welfare Babies, if they fight it.  The "legality" of the move is not going to be tested as it was getting funding for the wall, and if it's a matter of moving appropriated but unspent funds, it would probably be found to be legal anyway.  But what I said upthread about out-Democrating the Democrats applies:

What's perplexing is that it just might work in pulling in Rat voters, making it the first instance of a Republican successfully out-Democrating the Democrats.

Does that put it in the "Win" or the "Lose" column?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2020, 06:13:29 pm »

Also, this doesn't include or have anything to do with the proposed $1,200, + dependent $ for a 2nd round of stimulus payments.

I certainly don't applaud adding trillions more to our debt -- our economy has already been crushed.

@libertybele

You mean all that money is going to increase our federal debt,and the very people getting it are going to get a tax increase to pay it back once they are forced to go back to work????

Why,Ah nevah!

SAY IT AIN'T SO,YOU BIG MEANIE,YOU!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2020, 06:15:31 pm »
You blame Trump when he simply signs what congress puts in front of him. Now you're criticizing him for taking the initiative and trying to bring things under control.

There's just no pleasing you.

@skeeter @roamer_1

Roamer has "Orange Man Baditis."

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2020, 06:20:37 pm »
@skeeter @roamer_1

Yeah that's bullcrap @sneakypete , and you know it. I have complimented him when he did right.
He just doesn't do much right. Hardly to be expected from a free spending NYC liberal  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2020, 06:21:15 pm »
LOL!

In the REAL world, many people don't have enough money to pay their rent.  Or, to feed their children ice-cream when they deserve it.

In the REAL world, those landlords are on the hook for mucho dinero.  In the REAL world, equity loans on real estate are only for certain zip codes and/or credit scores.

They need the help yesterday. Not in the coming weeks when the Democrats...who thrive on misery to maintain their base, decide it's the time to appear like some White Knight.

@DCPatriot

AND,it MUST be noted that many of the Dims pushing this nonsense ARE multi-millionaires or even billionaires who have access to LOTS OF MONEY THAT WILL ALLOW THEM TO BUY UP REPOSSESSED PROPERTY CHEAP AT THE BANKRUPTCY SALES.

What is the mantra of the left,"Never let a good crisis go to waste!"?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2020, 06:23:46 pm »
I'm having a difficult time cheering a President who just beat the Rats to the punch on the subject of spending more taxpayer money.  My problem is he just appropriated our money without an act of Congress. 

That should give us all pause.

@Cyber Liberty

Ok,what with you being a genius and all,how about splain to us common folks what his options were,and the consequences,both political and monetary of each?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2020, 06:29:11 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Ok,what with you being a genius and all,how about splain to us common folks what his options were,and the consequences,both political and monetary of each?

@sneakypete  Read sommoe of the Thread...  :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2020, 06:29:16 pm »
@skeeter @roamer_1

The rats clearly were hoping for another of their classic budget shutdown scenarios, which the GOP, with long faces and a sigh of resignation (or relief), would roll over for.

There was just NO other option. And IMO its a good'un.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2020, 06:33:18 pm »
The rats clearly were hoping for another of their classic budget shutdown scenarios, which the GOP, with long faces and a sigh of resignation (or relief), would roll over for.

There was just NO other option. And IMO its a good'un.

Well, there's no denying he seized the initiative.  rrthree
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2020, 06:36:25 pm »
I agree.  Plus, how many additonal extra Trillions is a Biden victory going to cost us.

@catfish1957

As far as "out of the pockets of working people" goes,nothing at all.

Because it won't be paid back,the international bankers will foreclose on their loans,and America will go into bankruptcy under a Dim government that wants nothing more than to remove any and all independence from America and make her,and us,a cog in the global machine to be known as World Wide Government,Inc.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:37:30 pm by sneakypete »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2020, 06:38:22 pm »
Well, there's no denying he seized the initiative.  rrthree

Why I oughta...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2020, 06:40:21 pm »
Because if he was so inclined,Trump could veto spending plans, but has chose not to.

@catfish1957

And how would it help Americans,especially those already living on the verge of being homeless and hungry due to this Chinese Virus,to have America go bankrupt?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:41:11 pm by sneakypete »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2020, 06:49:04 pm »
@libertybele

You mean all that money is going to increase our federal debt,and the very people getting it are going to get a tax increase to pay it back once they are forced to go back to work????

Why,Ah nevah!

SAY IT AIN'T SO,YOU BIG MEANIE,YOU!

The reality is that even with a substantial tax increase (which is more than likely) there is no way that this money being printed is going to be paid back at least not in our generation, perhaps not even in our children's generation. That's the problem. The situation is not sustainable now and adding more debt is craziness. Sure the money from the tax holiday that is going to be given briefly is supposed to be paid back but it isn't even going to make a dent in the debt that we're incurring. Not even a fraction.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2020, 07:01:28 pm »
The reality is that even with a substantial tax increase (which is more than likely) there is no way that this money being printed is going to be paid back at least not in our generation, perhaps not even in our children's generation. That's the problem. The situation is not sustainable now and adding more debt is craziness. Sure the money from the tax holiday that is going to be given briefly is supposed to be paid back but it isn't even going to make a dent in the debt that we're incurring. Not even a fraction.

It is never going to be "paid back" it was printed out of thin air. The devaluing of the dollar is accelerating. Everything is going to get substantially more expensive in terms of dollars. And everyone is going to move up the tax brackets due to those inflated dollars showing them earning more dollars all the while at the same time lowering everyone's buying power. The government will get a larger share of everyone's pay check. Everyone who saved money is going to eat the difference.

Everyone's standard of living is going to decline.

It is toxic policy and we are bent on continuing it to the bitter end.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2020, 07:12:08 pm »
It is never going to be "paid back" it was printed out of thin air. The devaluing of the dollar is accelerating. Everything is going to get substantially more expensive in terms of dollars. And everyone is going to move up the tax brackets due to those inflated dollars showing them earning more dollars all the while at the same time lowering everyone's buying power. The government will get a larger share of everyone's pay check. Everyone who saved money is going to eat the difference.

Everyone's standard of living is going to decline.

It is toxic policy and we are bent on continuing it to the bitter end.

:amen:  Prices are already skyrocketing.  Food prices have gone up significantly in the past several months. Taxes will increase, it's just a matter of time.  Let's see ... all kinds of people are being given mortgage and rent forgiveness...so who is going to pay the property taxes??  No worries for them.  Worries for anyone able to pay their mortgage or own their homes outright as their property taxes will skyrocket. Ours has already gone up for the year. Property taxes will skyrocket forcing many out of their homes.

As I stated, this scenario is not sustainable.  People really need to stop and think of what all this "free" money is really going to cost us.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2020, 07:12:24 pm »
Say Trump wins....  Any guarantee this madness ends there?  I think it will just enbolden the DC drunken sailors.
As a former Drunken Sailor, I take offense. I only spent my own money!  :tongue2:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2020, 07:13:05 pm »
As a former Drunken Sailor, I take offense. I only spent my own money!  :tongue2:

:patriot:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2020, 07:18:33 pm »
Say Trump wins....  Any guarantee this madness ends there?  I think it will just enbolden the DC drunken sailors.

IMHO it doesn't matter who wins ... We the People are screwed either way.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2020, 07:20:21 pm »
:amen:  Prices are already skyrocketing.  Food prices have gone up significantly in the past several months. Taxes will increase, it's just a matter of time.  Let's see ... all kinds of people are being given mortgage and rent forgiveness...so who is going to pay the property taxes??  No worries for them.  Worries for anyone able to pay their mortgage or own their homes outright as their property taxes will skyrocket. Ours has already gone up for the year. Property taxes will skyrocket forcing many out of their homes.

As I stated, this scenario is not sustainable.  People really need to stop and think of what all this "free" money is really going to cost us.

What do you tell people whom government covid policy has thrown out of work?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2020, 07:44:29 pm »
Yes, that's the unfortunate flip side to all of this and a huge humanitarian issue. How do you remedy those thrown out of their jobs?  I fully get that.  Jobs are needed and an incentive to get back to work rather then stay home.  As I stated I can understand the first set of stimulus, the extended benefits ... but now people need incentives to return to work, not the opposite.  Job creation -- infrastructure repair that's been tossed around for awhile as an example.  This should have been in the works.

I remember during Regan's administration he actually paid people to go to work and get retrained and companies were given $$ as an incentive to hire and train.  It was a win win for a lot of people.  Businesses expanded and people acquired new skills.

This tossing $$ with no end in sight that may keep people afloat for a month is not sustainable.  What happens when that $$ runs out and people are still out of work?  Nothing really is being resolved.  We're kicking the problem down the road is all. 

The DEMS are more than happy to keep escalating the situation without resolution and Trump is going along.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2020, 08:01:27 pm »

Good point.  Sobering up is normal.  In the case of DC legilsators, it's like my tag line.....   Crack addicts is an more apt description.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2020, 08:04:01 pm »

I would hope that, not being pacified by money they did not earn... Other people's money... That they would in desperation if not good sense, be moved to anger toward those who have taken their treasure and their means, which will give them a proper outlet for their angst... And if they rise up to fix it, the only path toward justice.

Soothing their discomfort aids those that are stealing them blind. Let the pot come quickly to a boil and maybe the frog will notice.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2020, 08:08:56 pm »
@catfish1957

And how would it help Americans,especially those already living on the verge of being homeless and hungry due to this Chinese Virus,to have America go bankrupt?

@sneakypete

Pete, I am sorry to Scooge out on this one, but in most cases if people would have practiced financial restraint, saved for a rainy day, and invested wisely, we wouldn't have such a large entitlement class in this country.  Call it a hardened heart, but my level of empathy has dropped considerably with time, and to the point I resent having to not only foot the bill with my tax dollars, but plus watch our idiotic government spend us over a fiscal cliff while doing it.  It might make me look like an AH, but I don't give a shit. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2020, 08:10:05 pm »
Yes, that's the unfortunate flip side to all of this and a huge humanitarian issue. How do you remedy those thrown out of their jobs?  I fully get that.  Jobs are needed and an incentive to get back to work rather then stay home.  As I stated I can understand the first set of stimulus, the extended benefits ... but now people need incentives to return to work, not the opposite.  Job creation -- infrastructure repair that's been tossed around for awhile as an example.  This should have been in the works.

I remember during Regan's administration he actually paid people to go to work and get retrained and companies were given $$ as an incentive to hire and train.  It was a win win for a lot of people.  Businesses expanded and people acquired new skills.

This tossing $$ with no end in sight that may keep people afloat for a month is not sustainable.  What happens when that $$ runs out and people are still out of work?  Nothing really is being resolved.  We're kicking the problem down the road is all. 

The DEMS are more than happy to keep escalating the situation without resolution and Trump is going along.

Trump isn't going along with rat covid policy. He's parrying it. The way I see it the best way out of this is to get the economy going again by getting people off the 'vid welfare rolls and back to work, while throwing those thrown out of work, through no fault of their own, a lifeline.

The circumstances being what they are he is playing the only hand he has.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2020, 08:12:09 pm »
I would hope that, not being pacified by money they did not earn... Other people's money... That they would in desperation if not good sense, be moved to anger toward those who have taken their treasure and their means, which will give them a proper outlet for their angst... And if they rise up to fix it, the only path toward justice.

Soothing their discomfort aids those that are stealing them blind. Let the pot come quickly to a boil and maybe the frog will notice.

I'm gonna guess you are financially untouched by this entire Covid disaster. Suffice it to say I, and many many other I know, are not. It has been an effing catastrophe.

BTW I have received not a dime from the government, and do not expect to.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 08:14:13 pm by skeeter »