Author Topic: BREAKING: DonaldTrump approves payroll tax credit for those making under $100k until the end of the  (Read 1440 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ungh...I think I'm ready for the inevitable end here...just lube those presses and get it over with already.

Just damn.
My bad, presses isn't the word I expected after those, but then I realized that our government would never be so gentle as to lube us up before they expletive deleted us.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 01:09:31 am by GtHawk »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi, Schumer slam Trump executive orders, call for GOP to come back to negotiating table
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/511196-pelosi-schumer-slam-trump-executive-orders-call-for-gop-to-come-back-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I've been waiting for this one and expect to hear a lot more about endangering SS

Biden says Trump executive order is 'a reckless war on Social Security'

“He is laying out his roadmap to cutting Social Security,” Biden said. “Our seniors and millions of Americans with disabilities are under enough stress without Trump putting their hard-earned Social Security benefits in doubt.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/511197-biden-says-trump-executive-orders-are-a-reckless-war-on-social-security
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

9 years ago the dems were bi1ching for this:

We Can’t Allow the Payroll Tax Cut and Unemployment Benefits to Expire

Allowing Them to End Will Threaten the Economic Recovery

By Seth Hanlon and Heather Boushey  December 19, 2011, 9:00 am

President Barack Obama delivers a statement at the White House, Saturday, December 17, 2011, following the Senate vote to approve legislation continuing the Social Security payroll tax cut and unemployment benefits for two months.

The Senate overwhelmingly approved a bipartisan compromise Saturday to prevent the payroll tax cut and unemployment benefits from expiring at the end of the year. The House will hold a critical vote on the measure later today.

If the House doesn’t approve the measure, the current payroll tax holiday will expire at the end of the year. As a result, taxes will go up for 160 million workers, starting with their first paychecks of 2012. The typical middle-class household tax increase in 2012 will be about $1,000. The combined effect of this across-the-board middle-class tax increase on consumer demand would seriously threaten the fragile economic recovery.

Congressional inaction through 2012 would also cause unemployment insurance benefits to run out for more than 5 million workers. The unemployment rate is still 8.6 percent, and for every one job opening, there are four people actively looking for employment. Cutting off unemployment benefits would not only create vast uncertainty and hardship for affected families, but it would also cause the economy to lose about $50 billion in demand, which would further hinder the recovery and cost more jobs.

<..snip..>

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/economy/news/2011/12/19/10778/we-cant-allow-the-payroll-tax-cut-and-unemployment-benefits-to-expire/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

I believe he does have the authority to suspend collection of payroll taxes and he can suspend evictions of govt. housing and not collecting student loans, but he probably loses on the unemployment insurance.

In any case, the Rats will find it a pyrrhic victory.

Trump shows he's trying to help people, while the Rats show they only care about themselves.

Agree.  Funny how Obama e.o.s can stay, but not POTUS TRUMP. (DACA)  So it  seems , our legislature, (congress) and Judicial branch....is THE SWAMP!  2 AGAINST ONE POTUS.   Then we have N.T.'S...who have zero clue and can only think about their feelings. Their virtue signaling, while our country DIES.

Offline skeeter

I think that the DEMS are going to sue him over this and they will eventually get whatever they want -- the courts have pretty much continually ruled in their favor.
Maybe so, but isn't it hilarious that the rats are suddenly worried about constitutionality of anything the government has done Covid related now. After we’ve had our businesses shut down, been consigned to our homes, forced to wear masks on pain of fine, freedom of worship and association stripped, etc etc

Offline LegalAmerican

I've been waiting for this one and expect to hear a lot more about endangering SS

Biden says Trump executive order is 'a reckless war on Social Security'

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/511197-biden-says-trump-executive-orders-are-a-reckless-war-on-social-security

Wrong.  Do people know, that there is a cap on fica tax for the wealthy?  Social Security can be saved for the future if THAT is changed, raised.  It was about $120,000.00 for the wealthy, as their cut off.  I don't know about today.  $150,000.00?
After that all their thousands, millions are NOT FICA TAXED....like JOE BIDENS.  LIKE ON ANY CONGRESS PEOPLE, WHO MAKE THOSE LAWS.

Offline libertybele

Maybe so, but isn't it hilarious that the rats are suddenly worried about constitutionality of anything the government has done Covid related now. After we’ve had our businesses shut down, been consigned to our homes, forced to wear masks on pain of fine, freedom of worship and association stripped, etc etc

Hilarious?  I think more like pathetic.   :shrug:   Yes, I see the irony of it all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

Trump is actually helping himself get re-elected,  Neither party really cares about the people.

BINGO!

Sure we would all love to see both parties sit down an negotiate a good plan to help people who are suffering right now. Trump has had to deal with a radical leftist Rat party that looks at every crisis as a means to impose more of their unpopular plans in place. I hope he doesn't lose in the courts, but if he does he still wins. He tried to do something to get people through this mess. What did the Rats do, NOTHING!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline LegalAmerican

BINGO!

Sure we would all love to see both parties sit down an negotiate a good plan to help people who are suffering right now. Trump has had to deal with a radical leftist Rat party that looks at every crisis as a means to impose more of their unpopular plans in place. I hope he doesn't lose in the courts, but if he does he still wins. He tried to do something to get people through this mess. What did the Rats do, NOTHING!

888high58888  Yup.  POTUS IS DOING US A FAVOR BEING PRESIDENT.   It is volunteer work.  He take's ZERO PAY.  He was already famous and wealthy BEFORE, becoming POTUS.  All the vile lies and slander about him, daily are sickening. Just a human being who is a grandfather now. Loves his family as we do ours  We are BLESSED TO HAVE HIM AS POTUS.

Offline Stevensr123

This is actually a brilliant move from trump tbh.

Politically it’s awful for the dems, trying to stop free money going to the people to help them.

It will allow trump to say the don’t CARE. I’m sure trump probably knows he will be sued and these orders won’t go through. But the damage will be done to the dems, not him.

Online cato potatoe

Wrong.  Do people know, that there is a cap on fica tax for the wealthy?  Social Security can be saved for the future if THAT is changed, raised.  It was about $120,000.00 for the wealthy, as their cut off.  I don't know about today.  $150,000.00?
After that all their thousands, millions are NOT FICA TAXED....like JOE BIDENS.  LIKE ON ANY CONGRESS PEOPLE, WHO MAKE THOSE LAWS.

The tax is capped because the benefits are capped.  Unless benefits are adjusted, then it would constitute a major tax increase on salaried professionals. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 12:00:06 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
Matt Couch
@RealMattCouch
·
8m
This idiot on Fox News saying that people really need the extra $600 per week on top of their normal unemployment draw instead of the $400 the President authorized, are MORONS..

I have COUNTLESS friends who own restaurants who can't get anyone to go back to work.. FACTS

My sister delayed going back to work because she was raking in a ton of extra cash on unemployment.  Her employer delayed bringing people back until they absolutely had to in order to allow them to draw as much as they could before coming back.  Difference is, that was a large hotel chain and not a mom and pop restaurant.  i say cut the extra money or cap it so that nobody makes more than 90% of what they were earning to be reduced gradually.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline libertybele

This is actually a brilliant move from trump tbh.

Politically it’s awful for the dems, trying to stop free money going to the people to help them.

It will allow trump to say the don’t CARE. I’m sure trump probably knows he will be sued and these orders won’t go through. But the damage will be done to the dems, not him.

This could go either way; especially since the DEMS wanted to offer more $$ and other fluff.  If he does get sued, then its tied up in court and people will still be waiting.  The MSM is already spinning this in the DEMS favor and the reason why the DEMS held out is because they wanted to give the people more $ which would not favor Trump -- it will look like he's trying to keep money that they could have.

This also has nothing to do with the proposed 2nd round of stimulus money.  That's going to be yet another battle because the DEMS want to give more then the GOP/Trump is willing to give.

Gee ... who do you think the eventual recipients are going to favor?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

My sister delayed going back to work because she was raking in a ton of extra cash on unemployment.  Her employer delayed bringing people back until they absolutely had to in order to allow them to draw as much as they could before coming back.  Difference is, that was a large hotel chain and not a mom and pop restaurant.  i say cut the extra money or cap it so that nobody makes more than 90% of what they were earning to be reduced gradually.

Well, my daughter's restaurant opened up and she could have opted to stay out longer and collected, but she decided to go back to work. She liked the extra $$ coming in but knew of others that still hadn't gotten paid anything and would rather have a job and some money coming in then chance it. She is glad that she did, because she is still owed $$ for over a month that she couldn't work. So far so good.  Business isn't bustling, but she has a job and the restaurant has been able to stay open.

Online DB

So social security is really just welfare then right? Take from the "wealthy" and give to the "poor" right?

Funny... It was claimed to be a program based on what YOU payed in. Not what someone else paid in. But you want someone else's money to pay you benefits... That's called welfare. There's another government program for that.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Article and 42 posts in, I still do not see how much this adds to the federal deficit.  WTF?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Article and 42 posts in, I still do not see how much this adds to the federal deficit.  WTF?

Any such figure would be worthless as it surely would not include tax receipts generated by people being put back to work.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Any such figure would be worthless as it surely would not include tax receipts generated by people being put back to work.

A government giveaway that reduces the deficit.  Wow, did you really say that?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.