Author Topic: Gallup: One-Third of Americans Would Not Get a Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 1763 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Gallup: One-Third of Americans Would Not Get a Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2020, 08:21:02 pm »
One other thing...
What's caught my eye are the articles that suggest that the antibodies people develop from C-19 aren't "permanent", that they begin to "fade away" several months after having recovered from the disease.

I wonder if the protection the vaccine provides will offer only a "limited protection lifespan"?
It might be necessary to take a yearly "booster" to have efficacy over the long-term...
In terms of antibodies, that at least partially appears to be true, though some of the evidence of that is anecdotal (such as the story out of Madrid that found high rates of infection but low antibody positives—they presumed the antibodies must have faded, but had no evidence to back that up).

But the good news is that coronavirus immunity does not appear to be driven by antibodies—instead, it's the T-cells that recognize the virus. T-cell recognition not only appears to last decades, but they also seem to respond to a broad spectrum of coronavirus strains, reducing the likelihood that mutation will spoil any efforts at herd immunity. (Antibodies, on the other hand, tend to be much more narrow in their scope.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2020, 08:22:40 pm »

But the good news is that coronavirus immunity does not appear to be driven by antibodies—instead, it's the T-cells that recognize the virus. T-cell recognition not only appears to last decades, but they also seem to respond to a broad spectrum of coronavirus strains, reducing the likelihood that mutation will spoil any efforts at herd immunity. (Antibodies, on the other hand, tend to be much more narrow in their scope.)

Bingo! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2020, 08:45:59 pm »
So...this virus isn't being handled any better, or worse than the rest of them in antiquity?  The primary difference is the level of political noise, and it's panicking the population.  See who benefits from that and you have your culprit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2020, 09:00:21 pm »
So...this virus isn't being handled any better, or worse than the rest of them in antiquity?  The primary difference is the level of political noise, and it's panicking the population.  See who benefits from that and you have your culprit.

B I N G O ! ! !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2020, 09:06:34 pm »
B I N G O ! ! !

I've been known to swerve into the truth every great once in a while.... 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2020, 09:17:02 pm »
I've been known to swerve into the truth every great once in a while.... 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo

A shit storm was coming no matter what anyone did. There was no magic wand to make it go away. There was no keeping it out. We're just fodder for politics.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2020, 10:05:04 pm »
Anecdotal life experience:

All childhood vacinnes

Polio childhood when it was new

All military vaccines

All recommended adult vaccines (flu pneumonia)

Never heard of problems with my family members

VERSUS

Internet conspiracy theorists who  think Bill Gates is trying to get more wealthy, by killing people (potential customers)?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2020, 12:11:24 am »
Anecdotal life experience:

All childhood vacinnes

Polio childhood when it was new

All military vaccines

All recommended adult vaccines (flu pneumonia)

Never heard of problems with my family members

VERSUS

Internet conspiracy theorists who  think Bill Gates is trying to get more wealthy, by killing people (potential customers)?

Interesting. 
My thoughts on the subject is...  Thank God for Jonas Edward Salk who developed one of the first successful polio vaccines.

In modern times we do not have to worry about small pox thanks to Edward Jenner.

Please forgive me if I say any of these modern asshats can take there vaccine and shoot it up there you no what. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2020, 12:22:52 am »
Interesting. 
My thoughts on the subject is...  Thank God for Jonas Edward Salk who developed one of the first successful polio vaccines.

In modern times we do not have to worry about small pox thanks to Edward Jenner.

Please forgive me if I say any of these modern asshats can take there vaccine and shoot it up there you no what.

You are right ... why should any of us trust these modern day azzes?  Lots of rumors swirling surrounding the expedited vaccine(s).   There is a "global vaccine foundation" that Bill Gates is in part funding -- lots of rumors swirling around about him as well.

I'm good.  I think I can do without.  I've done without the flu vaccine and I'm still breathing.  I trust NO one, especially now that our fine governor DeSantis has given authority to his Secy of health to mandate and force quarantines and vaccines.  Lovely!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2020, 12:32:35 am »
You are right ... why should any of us trust these modern day azzes?  Lots of rumors swirling surrounding the expedited vaccine(s).   There is a "global vaccine foundation" that Bill Gates is in part funding -- lots of rumors swirling around about him as well.

I'm good.  I think I can do without.  I've done without the flu vaccine and I'm still breathing.  I trust NO one, especially now that our fine governor DeSantis has given authority to his Secy of health to mandate and force quarantines and vaccines.  Lovely!

I will GUARANTEE that one of Gates' companies will find the miracle cure... and then you will know the fix is in. Furthermore, it will not be a single dose... it will take 'boosters' because a fast-morphing virus is impossible to vaccinate against... And if it becomes mandated, with no right to enter businesses without it... hoo boy, the clamp will be complete. Already they are forcing folks out of cash and onto plastic, where every purchase can be tracked... Then a mandatory injection every six months or so, or you can;t do business or have a job...

How hard are you to blackball then? Bend a knee or head for the hills and all the hardship that will bring... Most will bend the knee.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2020, 12:47:47 am »
I will GUARANTEE that one of Gates' companies will find the miracle cure... and then you will know the fix is in. Furthermore, it will not be a single dose... it will take 'boosters' because a fast-morphing virus is impossible to vaccinate against... And if it becomes mandated, with no right to enter businesses without it... hoo boy, the clamp will be complete. Already they are forcing folks out of cash and onto plastic, where every purchase can be tracked... Then a mandatory injection every six months or so, or you can;t do business or have a job...

How hard are you to blackball then? Bend a knee or head for the hills and all the hardship that will bring... Most will bend the knee.
They already setting the foundation for multiple shots. One shot would be too simple. They want to keep everything as complicated as possible to keep everybody tense and off-balance.

If we lose the election and Democrats are in charge again. America is truly finished.
That is not rhetoric. That is true fact.

Don't know what we will become, but it will be some kind of post-apocalyptic nightmare. We are halfway there already.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2020, 01:03:52 am »
They already setting the foundation for multiple shots. One shot would be too simple. They want to keep everything as complicated as possible to keep everybody tense and off-balance.

If we lose the election and Democrats are in charge again. America is truly finished.
That is not rhetoric. That is true fact.

Don't know what we will become, but it will be some kind of post-apocalyptic nightmare. We are halfway there already.

Doesn't matter which side wins... It is coming either way.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2020, 02:49:23 am »

I trust God, my wife and children and a very few long time close friends. That's about it.  And I'll have no part of their damned vacine.

COVID-19 Vaccine Messaging, Part 1

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT0...cntry=US&draw=2

The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.

ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04460703
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 7, 2020
Last Update Posted : July 21, 2020
Sponsor:
Yale University
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
Yale University

Study Description

Go to
Brief Summary:

This study tests different messages about vaccinating against COVID-19 once the vaccine becomes available. Participants are randomized to 1 of 12 arms, with one control arm and one baseline arm. We will compare the reported willingness to get a COVID-19 vaccine at 3 and 6 months of it becoming available between the 10 intervention arms to the 2 control arms.

Study participants are recruited online by Lucid, which matches census based sampling in online recruitment.

Condition or disease Intervention/treatment Phase
Vaccination COVID-19 Other: Control message Other: Baseline message Other: Personal freedom message Other: Economic freedom message Other: Self-interest message Other: Community interest message Other: Economic benefit message Other: Guilt message Other: Embarrassment message Other: Anger message Other: Trust in science message Other: Not bravery message Not Applicable

Study Design
Go to

Study Type : Interventional (Clinical Trial)
Actual Enrollment : 4000 participants
Allocation: Randomized
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Intervention Model Description: In this study, 2/15 of participants will be assigned to a control message (bird feeding passage), 3/15 of sample to a baseline vaccine message, and 1/15 to each of the 10 other treatment arms.
Masking: None (Open Label)
Primary Purpose: Other
Official Title: Persuasive Messages for COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake: a Randomized Controlled Trial, Part 1
Actual Study Start Date : July 3, 2020
Actual Primary Completion Date : July 8, 2020
Actual Study Completion Date : July 8, 2020
Arms and Interventions
Go to...

Rest at above link
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 03:28:41 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien