Author Topic: Still haven't received your first $1,200 stimulus check? What you need to do  (Read 448 times)

Offline EdinVA

Still haven't received your first $1,200 stimulus check? What you need to do
"Americans cannot wait any longer for the emergency assistance they were told would arrive in the spring," the letter, dated July 27, said. "Treasury must take immediate and decisive action to pay all eligible Americans."
At the end of June, IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig testified the agency had distributed some 160 million economic impact payments, worth roughly $270 billion, since April. During that testimony, Rettig said the IRS was dealing with a backlog of paper tax returns and was focused on trying to send stimulus payments to those filers.
More than 14 percent of households making under $50,000 have not received their stimulus payment yet, according to a study released by Prosperity Now, a research and policy organization based in Washington, D.C. An even bigger number -- more than 21 percent -- of individuals earning less than $25,000 reported receiving a payment.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/still-havent-received-your-first-1200-stimulus-check-what-you-need-to-do

If I remember correctly, there were folks that were still looking for their stim. checks...

Offline Applewood

So while some may not have received their check, a friend of a friend of mine got one she was not entitled to.  She wanted to return it, but was told to keep it.

Just another government cluster-*bleep.*

Online libertybele

So while some may not have received their check, a friend of a friend of mine got one she was not entitled to.  She wanted to return it, but was told to keep it.

Just another government cluster-*bleep.*

Yes, just like the unemployment and extended unemployment benefit checks; a government debacle. I know people that have gotten paid double what they should have, others who are still owed benefits and still others that haven't received a dime!

We're still waiting on our tax refund. It's not much, but we are owed that money!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

Yes, just like the unemployment and extended unemployment benefit checks; a government debacle. I know people that have gotten paid double what they should have, others who are still owed benefits and still others that haven't received a dime!

We're still waiting on our tax refund. It's not much, but we are owed that money!

Don't get me started about unemployment.  There are people in this state who applied in March.  Still no word from the state. 

Are you waiting for a check  for your refund?   I didn't get to file my return till the day before the extended deadline, but my refund was direct deposited in less than a week.  I thought I would have to wait weeks.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hey my Dad never got his. He has a disability.....................................he's been dead for ten years, but that shouldn't disqualify him should it? Wait I forgot, we're White.

Online libertybele

Don't get me started about unemployment.  There are people in this state who applied in March.  Still no word from the state. 

Are you waiting for a check  for your refund?   I didn't get to file my return till the day before the extended deadline, but my refund was direct deposited in less than a week.  I thought I would have to wait weeks.

We filed the beginning of July -- yes still waiting on a check. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The way it looks now no one is getting a 2nd stimulus check...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

So while some may not have received their check, a friend of a friend of mine got one she was not entitled to.  She wanted to return it, but was told to keep it.  Just another government cluster-*bleep.*
@Applewood

Our dog groomer is also a friend.  She has little money right now and we help her.  She has not gotten her first $1,200 check.  She is one who really needs one.  Reading this article, maybe she will get one?  My son in England got his.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
IRS has been slow processing tax returns.

I sent my sister's 1040 in on March 31.
She just got the refund back yesterday.
However, IRS sent back a check with $15 more than claimed.
That'll do...

Offline LegalAmerican

I received my stim  check.  The second is being slowed down, BY DEMON-RAT CONGRESS...who want it for themselves....as aways.  So POTUS will make an E.O., letting people get their help.  Maybe some don't NEED it?  I am the elderly, I need it. I got it.  Those who don't need it, should not complain. 

Offline LegalAmerican

IRS has been slow processing tax returns.

I sent my sister's 1040 in on March 31.
She just got the refund back yesterday.
However, IRS sent back a check with $15 more than claimed.
That'll do...

What was her G.A.I?  That will tell the story.  Refund?  How much?