Author Topic: Schools shocker: 6 possible reasons why NY Dems Cuomo and Schumer suddenly support reopening  (Read 130 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 8, 2020
Schools shocker: 6 possible reasons why NY Dems Cuomo and Schumer suddenly support reopening
By Thomas Lifson

When two powerful Democrats suddenly reject the position of the teachers unions and support the position argued by President Trump, we know that something’s up. Andrew Cuomo’s and Chuck Schumer’s abrupt switch of position to support reopening schools in New York leaves a lot of blue state Democrats exposed to intensified criticism for keeping their own schools closed.  I see five possible reasons that could explain this dramatic switch.

One

Let’s start trying to account for the change in position by taking Senator Schumer’s press conference explanation at face value.

“What is one of the biggest problems facing us in the next month? As the Speaker mentioned, schools. Opening up the schools safely. If you don’t open up the schools, you’re going to hurt the economy significantly because lots of people can’t go to work.”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/08/schools_shocker_6_possible_reasons_why_ny_dems_cuomo_and_schumer_suddenly_support_reopening.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think item 4 is a big deal, FTA:

Four

Parents are exploring alternatives like home schooling, and there has to be serious worry that support for public school education will slip to catastrophic levels if parents realize the superiority of alternatives to them.  American unions have a history of self-destructive behavior, for instance the United Steelworkers and United Autoworkers pursuing wage and work rule demands that so seriously damaged their employers that employment and union membership are now a small fraction of their peak levels. I the same thing were to happen to teachers unions, Democrats would lose their biggest single source of donations and volunteer manpower.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

I think item 4 is a big deal, FTA:

No doubt all suggested reasons to some degree play into the rats' imminent turnaround on schools reopening. It was going to be a test of endurance all the way to the election - will Trump's negatives be driven down far enough to force his loss before the public cracks under rat policies.

Part of me hopes the rats will ride this Covid scam all the way to the ground. The other part knows people are suffering because of it and the sooner it ends the better.