Author Topic: California ups early inmate release estimate amid objections  (Read 351 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
California ups early inmate release estimate amid objections
« on: August 08, 2020, 01:03:23 pm »
AP By DON THOMPSON August 5, 2020

State prison officials say as many as 17,600 California inmates may be released early due to the coronavirus, 70% more than previously estimated and a total that victims and police say includes dangerous criminals who should stay locked up.

The releases also are causing consternation as probation officers and community organizations scramble to provide housing, transportation and other services for inmates who may pose a public health risk because several hundred have been paroled while still contagious.

“It has just been a total madhouse, quite frankly, and we’re doing this in the midst of a pandemic,” said Karen McDaniel, the statewide transportation and services liaison between community groups and corrections officials.

More: https://apnews.com/148c0768ba8407446deb7703f79200b2

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: California ups early inmate release estimate amid objections
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 02:21:41 pm »
I "get" the concern underlying this. Quite a few CA prison inmates have died of Covid-19, and a 10-20 year sentence should not be a death sentence (yada, yada, yada ...). However, months of experience across the US with this idiocy has proven, IMO, that the harm this release will do to the general public will be far greater.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 10:25:57 pm »
My friend who is a Warden in the CA system told me that at least 15+ death row inmates have "succumbed" to the Corona.

We promptly exchanged high 5s...eff 'em all. :smokin: :smokin:

If masks work, then why release them?  Eff you damned liars and sheep!

Gawd, I loathe this state...cannot wait to leave here...soon, so soon.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 10:29:01 pm »
I'm supposed to welcome the collapse of the entire political system, expecting something better to rise from the ashes.

No thank you. Denying the left total power is rapidly becoming a matter of life and death. This is one example of how.