Author Topic: Another way to see large numbers!  (Read 638 times)

Offline mrclose

Another way to see large numbers!
« on: August 08, 2020, 12:59:26 am »
All this talk about the Trillions of dollars in the Stimulus plans made me think ...

.1 million seconds equal 11 days.
.1 billion seconds equal 32 years.
.1 trillion seconds equal 32,000 years.

Pretty soon, we're talking about real time and real money!

Yes I rounded out the numbers!
(You can use a calculator as well as I can!) :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 04:45:08 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Another way to see large numbers!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 01:50:56 am »
All this talk about the Trillions of dollars in the Stimulus plans made me think ...

.1 million seconds equal 11 days. days.

There is an other calculation. More precise a constant. And rounding it off. 4.184.

Here is a clue. The intelligence of water.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Here is a clue.

Water, Ultimate Giver of Life, Points to Intelligent Design

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 01:52:43 am »

Pretty soon we are talking water under the bridge.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 01:58:29 am »

.1 million seconds equal 11 days. days.

I find your posts stimulating.

If I go tangent, that is just me.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 02:02:53 am »
Around 12 dollars buys my wife a chicken fried steak with hashbrowns topped with (country) gravy, salad, and an iced tea.

With that, I can rest with some confidence, I will see another sunrise.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 02:05:06 am »
FOR FUN;  Still dealing with some of this;
----------------------------------------------
Looking for some straight facts on Obamacare and its impact? Here are some of the most important numbers you need to know about President Obama’s health law:

20 million. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projects that as many as 20 million Americans could no longer have their current employer-based health coverage by 2019; others predict it could be as high as 35 million.

85 million. The Office of the Actuary at CMS estimates that, by 2020, Medicaid enrollment will increase from 54 million in 2010 to 85 million, pushing America closer to government-run health care.

400 percent of the federal poverty level. Individuals earning over $44,680 a year and families earning over $92,200 a year are not eligible for any federal subsidies to help purchase coverage under Obamacare.

$1 trillion. Based on an updated CBO score, Obamacare imposes 18 new taxes or penalties totaling over $1 trillion from 2013 to 2022 that will directly or indirectly impact families, including those earning below $250,000.

8.1.2012. Starting August 1, Obamacare forces many employers, regardless of their religious or moral convictions, to offer abortion-inducing drugs, sterilization, and contraception.

$1.683 trillion. Obamacare expects to spend over one-and-a-half trillion dollars between 2012 and 2022 on its coverage expansion provisions alone, according to the CBO.

30 million. Updated CBO estimates show that despite spending over a trillion dollars, Obamacare will leave 30 million Americans uninsured in 2021.

$716 billion. Although Medicare faces $37 trillion in unfunded obligations, Obamacare takes $716 billion out of Medicare to pay for non-Medicare coverage provisions, according to CBO’s latest update.

15. The number of unelected officials that will be in charge of cutting Medicare payments for millions of seniors under the Independent Payment Advisory Board in Obamacare.

50.8 percent. The majority of Americans continue to support repeal. The Real Clear Politics Average from March 10, 2012, to July 28, 2012, shows that voters support repeal by an 8-point margin.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 03:11:06 am »
A trillion is actually easy to understand.  Think about a little cube the edges of which measure 1mm.  Now think of a big cube, the edges of which measure 1m.  If you make the big cube out of layers of rows and columns of copies of the little cube, you'll need a trillion of the little cubes.

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 03:48:05 am »
A trillion is actually easy to understand.  Think about a little cube the edges of which measure 1mm.  Now think of a big cube, the edges of which measure 1m.  If you make the big cube out of layers of rows and columns of copies of the little cube, you'll need a trillion of the little cubes.

Just for pure entertainment value read the first short story written by Arthur C Clarke. I believe it was 1937.

Travel By Wire.

Ok.

Here is the Wikipedia.

"Travel by Wire!" is a science fiction short story by English writer Arthur C. Clarke. His first published story, it was first published in December 1937 in the magazine Amateur Science Stories. It was subsequently published as part of the collection The Best of Arthur C. Clarke 1937-1955. This story is a humorous record on the development of the "radio-transporter" (actually a teleportation machine), and the various technical difficulties and commercial ventures that resulted. In The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, the author calls the story (as well as his other early writings) "a kind of absolute zero from which my later writing may be calibrated".

"a kind of absolute zero from which my later writing may be calibrated"

Zero is the optimum of Intelligence.

Don't believe me?

BEFORE...In The Beginning...

LOLOLOL

Offline mrclose

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2020, 05:02:59 am »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2020, 05:50:46 am »
Nice.

To remind her of his story.

In Space, no one can hear you scream.

The Trouble With Tribbles.