Author Topic: Sen. Warner: Neither Party Has ‘Any Credibility on Responsible Debt Reduction’  (Read 521 times)

Online libertybele

Sen. Warner: Neither Party Has ‘Any Credibility on Responsible Debt Reduction’

When asked to predict when the federal government will pay off the $3.78 trillion debt accumulated so far this fiscal year, Senator Mark Warner (D-Va.) said neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have any credibility “on responsible debt reduction.”

At the U.S. Capitol on Thursday, CNS News asked Senator Warner, “In the fiscal year 2020, the federal debt has increased by $3.78 trillion. When do you predict that the government will pay off this year’s debt?

Sen. Warner replied, “As somebody who has spent years working on this issue, I think both political parties have lost any credibility on responsible debt reduction.”

The fiscal year runs from October 1 through September 30. At the close of the 2019 fiscal year on September 30, 2019, the national debt was $22,719,402,000,000. On August 4, 2020, the national debt was $26,503,236,000,000.

That is an increase of $3,783,834,000,000 in a little less than one fiscal year.

The current federal deficit, according to the Daily Treasury Statements, has already surpassed the predicted amount for fiscal year 2020. ............

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/andrew-davenport/sen-warner-neither-party-has-any-credibility-responsible-debt
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

He needs to shut up.  DEMON-RAT.  I remember him in his 'hay day'.  azzhole.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He needs to shut up.  DEMON-RAT.  I remember him in his 'hay day'.  azzhole.

???????

I can't stand dims either, but explain please how anything he said above in this interview is incorrect?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 03:39:40 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

???????

I can't stand dims either, but explain please how anything he said above in this interview is incorrect?

It is LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you...

Truth be damned.

Offline kevindavis007

???????

@catfish1957

I don't like him, but he is right.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online roamer_1

Offline AL

I don't like any Dem, but at least this one sees a problem that the government seems to ignore.  The federal government needs reduced in size and scope as a first step.  Any Bureau, agency, commission, etc. that exists with a duplicate mission in all 50 states needs reduced down to a reporting agency.  Government need to refuse recognition of any organized labor in government.  Contract everything out where possible.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
For so long as we have fiat money that can be created out of thin air NOTHING is ever going to change!

Kill the FED! Kill the Marxist Income tax and it's handmaiden IRS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I don't like any Dem, but at least this one sees a problem that the government seems to ignore.  The federal government needs reduced in size and scope as a first step.  Any Bureau, agency, commission, etc. that exists with a duplicate mission in all 50 states needs reduced down to a reporting agency.  Government need to refuse recognition of any organized labor in government.  Contract everything out where possible.
Furthermore, the number of people who pay nothing into the system must be reduced. If we are going to ease the burden we have put onto ourselves, we have to spread it across as many people as possible. Putting the burden solely on "the rich" is part of the reason we ended up in the mess we're in: too many are getting benefits and too few are paying in to cover them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

For so long as we have fiat money that can be created out of thin air NOTHING is ever going to change!

Kill the FED! Kill the Marxist Income tax and it's handmaiden IRS!

:amen:  Thank you tricky "Dick".
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

Nope.  POTUS already on it and has been doing that.  Reducing size etc and duplicate agency's.  I listen to him, when he speaks.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is funny coming from a man whose whole career was based on voting for pork to the US Navy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This is funny coming from a man whose whole career was based on voting for pork to the US Navy.

Stupid Virginia voters thought John Warner and Elizabeth Taylor were his parents. 

How else can you explain his political career?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Stupid Virginia voters thought John Warner and Elizabeth Taylor were his parents. 

How else can you explain his political career?

@DCPatriot

The only thing I could figure was Republican Central Casting sent out a casting call for "Senator",and he showed up and stated dipping his beak in the take.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!