Author Topic: Biden campaign reportedly making 'ruthless cuts' to convention speaking list  (Read 161 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden campaign reportedly making 'ruthless cuts' to convention speaking list
12:19 p.m.

This year's virtual, time-crunched Democratic National Convention isn't making space for many top Democrats to speak.

The DNC has set aside just two hours every night from August 17–20 for the convention where former Vice President Joe Biden will accept the nomination. That has led the Biden campaign to make some "ruthless cuts" to some of the highest profile Democrats out there, though the convention's official schedule is far from finalized yet, Politico reports.

"It goes without saying that the party's two most popular figures," former President Barack Obama and first last Michelle Obama, will get a big role even with time so limited, Politico writes. Former President Bill Clinton and 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton are in as well. But some Democrats have "grumbled" that if Hillary Clinton is appearing, failed nominees like Al Gore and John Kerry probably should too, per Politico. Others are worried about "spotlighting" Bill Clinton "in the #MeToo era," Politico continues.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) reportedly doesn't have a slot yet, nor do any of her fellow progressive political newcomers. But the party has reportedly made room for former Ohio Gov. John Kasich, a Republican who ran against President Trump in 2016. He'll speak on the same night as Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) "in a demonstration of unity," Politico writes. Democrats are also reportedly on the lookout for veterans and Republicans with national security expertise to speak, though planning is still underway with just 10 days until the convention's first night. Read more about what to expect at the DNC at Politico. Kathryn Krawczyk
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) reportedly doesn't have a slot yet, nor do any of her fellow progressive political newcomers.

Joe "The most progressive" President evar hasn't slotted any of the squad for his coronation celebration?

Why that ‘lying, dog-faced pony soldier’.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 06:29:08 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Joe "The most progressive" President evar hasn't slotted any of the squad for his coronation celebration?

Why that ‘lying, dog-faced pony soldier’.

I just feel sorry for the teleprompter captioning his speech. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clintons, Obamas expected to speak at Democratic Convention; AOC might not make the cut
Former Republican Gov. John Kasich will also speak, Fox News has learned

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-convention-clintons-obamas-speak-aoc
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
AOC might not make the cut

Former Republican Gov. John Kasich will also speak, Fox News has learned

:mauslaff:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: