Author Topic: (TxDOT) found over 200 dead crows on Highway 281 this past week, and there was concern that they may  (Read 8577 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) found over 200 dead crows on Highway 281 this past week, and there was concern that they may have died from the Coronavirus.
A veterinary epidemiologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was NOT Coronavirus (COVID-19).

The cause of death was actually from vehicular impacts. However, during analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analyzing these paint residues it was found that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by cars.

TxDOT then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.

The Ornithological Behaviorist quickly concluded that when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow to warn of danger.

They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah","Cah" not a single one could shout "Truck"!!!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) found over 200 dead crows on Highway 281 this past week, and there was concern that they may have died from the Coronavirus.
A veterinary epidemiologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was NOT Coronavirus (COVID-19).

The cause of death was actually from vehicular impacts. However, during analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analyzing these paint residues it was found that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by cars.

TxDOT then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.

The Ornithological Behaviorist quickly concluded that when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow to warn of danger.

They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah","Cah" not a single one could shout "Truck"!!!

:facepalm: :boring:

Offline skeeter

Aww thanks I needed that!

Offline EdinVA

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 Reminds me of why so many of my black brothers in Vietnam bought the farm.

Every time someone yelled GET DOWN!!! They all jumped up and started doing the boogaloo!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 05:09:29 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

eminds me of why so many of my black brothers in Vietnam bought the farm.

Every time someone yelled GET DOWN!!! They all jumped up and started doing the boogaloo!

:silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I know that this intended as a humourous piece, but crows typically are among the most intelligent of the avian population.  Seeing that many along a stretch of highway does seem a tad odd.  Generally crows when working on roadkill carrion generally avoid getting hit.

I can't remember ever hitting a crow.  Now Cardinals, Mockingbirds, and the others are different matter.

I remember during the last Avian flu outbreak seeing many crows dying, flying in circles, and acting strangely.  I wouldn't discount this story just yet. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I remember during the last Avian flu outbreak seeing many crows dying, flying in circles, and acting strangely.  I wouldn't discount this story just yet.

They were stoned out of their beaks from eating fermented berries.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

Reminds me of why so many of my black brothers in Vietnam bought the farm.

My Latino brothers and sisters kept getting fired from NASA.

Every time they said "LAUNCH", they'd go eat.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
My Latino brothers and sisters kept getting fired from NASA.

Every time they said "LAUNCH", they'd go eat.

:mauslaff:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien