Author Topic: Pence: Chief Justice Roberts 'has been a disappointment to conservatives'  (Read 2575 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pence: Chief Justice Roberts 'has been a disappointment to conservatives'
By Brett Samuels - 08/05/20 10:12 PM EDT

Vice President Pence on Wednesday said Chief Justice John Roberts has been a "disappointment to conservatives," a rare direct rebuke of the top justice after he ruled against the Trump administration in a series of recent cases.

"Look, we have great respect for the institution of the Supreme Court of the United States, but Chief Justice John Roberts has been a disappointment to conservatives," Pence told Christian Broadcast Network's David Brody, citing Roberts's role in upholding the Affordable Care Act and his more recent swing vote rejecting a Nevada church's request to overturn a state cap on attendance amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"I think several cases out of the Supreme Court are a reminder of just how important this election is for the future of the Supreme Court," Pence continued. "We remember the issue back in 2016, which I believe loomed large in voters’ decisions between Hillary Clinton and the man who became president of the United States."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/510810-pence-chief-justice-roberts-has-been-a-disappointment-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

The VP is being Captain Obvious.  Most of us have known for a long time that we were hornswoggled when Roberts was sold to us as a conservative jurist.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I expect Roberts to follow the Constitution, and I accept that sometimes that may yield results that conservatives don't like, because as Churchill said the law is an ass.

What I don't like about Roberts is that he takes words and concepts and morphs them into what he wants them to be. Such as when he redefined sex in a 60's era law to a modern liberal version of including transgenders. Or making the Obamacare fee legal by calling it a tax.

Inventing new realities via word recreation is pretty much the exact opposite of jurisprudence.
For those who can, get back to the land. Homesteading is a revolutionary act of resistance.

Offline Absalom

Consider a moment.
Parliamentary Governance, common across the World, ignores supreme courts. But why?
Because this concentrates the seat of power and responsibly exactly where it belongs, w/the
elected parliamentary representatives and as such, brings governance closer to the people.
Other than their self-labeled descriptive, what is the SC but of gaggle of lawyers who have
opinions and so what???
Paraphrasing Lincoln, it is plain people who truly matter!!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Consider a moment.
Parliamentary Governance, common across the World, ignores supreme courts. But why?
Because this concentrates the seat of power and responsibly exactly where it belongs, w/the
elected parliamentary representatives and as such, brings governance closer to the people.
Other than their self-labeled descriptive, what is the SC but of gaggle of lawyers who have
opinions and so what???
Paraphrasing Lincoln, it is plain people who truly matter!!!

It is abundantly clear to me that the founders of this Republic never had any intention for the courts having anything like the power they have today.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I expect Roberts to follow the Constitution, and I accept that sometimes that may yield results that conservatives don't like, because as Churchill said the law is an ass.

What I don't like about Roberts is that he takes words and concepts and morphs them into what he wants them to be. Such as when he redefined sex in a 60's era law to a modern liberal version of including transgenders. Or making the Obamacare fee legal by calling it a tax.

Inventing new realities via word recreation is pretty much the exact opposite of jurisprudence.

What I don't like is Roberts rewriting law instead of ruling on what it plainly says and what was argued before the court.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

What I don't like about Roberts is that he takes words and concepts and morphs them into what he wants them to be.

Which is to say Roberts doesn't follow the Constitution. We were sold a pig in black damask.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Which is to say Roberts doesn't follow the Constitution. We were sold a pig in black damask.

Well, The guy who put him there first tried to sell us someone else if you recall. Does the name Harriet Meyers ring a bell?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 08:35:44 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Well, The guy who put him there first tried to sell us someone else if you recall. Does the name Harriet Meyers rig a bell?

Yeah, W's personal attorney.

Its all about them - the Bush way.

Offline Absalom

It is abundantly clear to me that the founders of this Republic never had any intention for the courts having anything like the power they have today.
----------------
@ Bigun, as you already know, our Southern Founders were strong advocates of
States Rights which was a pillar American Governance during our formative years.
The Northern States were relatively indifferent until the tragedy of the Civil War engulfed us.
Afterward, Northern Republicans became politically ascendant, a position they held till Hoover.
That gave them the power to choose/confirm a Judiciary that was in sync w/their political
attitudes, impulses and sentiments.
And it was the seeds which led to the judicial activism that rages unchecked at this very moment.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Applewood wrote:
"The VP is being Captain Obvious.  Most of us have known for a long time that we were hornswoggled when Roberts was sold to us as a conservative jurist."

Well... who was "the salesman"?
I sense Mr. Roberts was chosen because he was a brother-in-arms in the ideological sense...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I think he wants someone to talk to at the DC cocktail parties? Or someone has found the bag of boy's underwear in his closet.

Offline Absalom

-----------------------
An absolute truism which brings to mind the ageless wisdom of our forebears.
A cardinal precept of Conservatism is the Principle of Prudence, articulated by
Edmund Burke, which requires leaders to measure the consequences of decisions
taken in the now against their consequences in the future.
My guess is that had the likes of Jefferson, Madison and Monroe, been able to foresee
the consequences of centralized power and judicial activism, they would have walked
away from the Constitution.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

He is, in effect, rewriting legislation, and that is not his job. It is the provenance of Congress, not a jurist. He has taken what is wrong with the legal system and embraced it at the highest levels. He is a failure as a defender of the Constitution, because he so readily defies it when his puppet masters call.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

-----------------------
An absolute truism which brings to mind the ageless wisdom of our forebears.
A cardinal precept of Conservatism is the Principle of Prudence, articulated by
Edmund Burke, which requires leaders to measure the consequences of decisions
taken in the now against their consequences in the future.
My guess is that had the likes of Jefferson, Madison and Monroe, been able to foresee
the consequences of centralized power and judicial activism, they would have walked
away from the Constitution.
If we went by the original intent of the constitution, there would be no centralized power. It is one thing to place a consummate tool in an apprentice's hands. What they do with that tool, however, is beyond one's control. The Constitution limits the power of the Federal Government, assigning it only a few specific duties, and retaining all other power to the States and the People.

The courts have materially changed the interpretation of those duties and their limitations by redefining the language itself, and where necessary, making subtle but semantically significant changes in interpretation in order to redefine the law, even in instances where that intent was spelled out in supporting documents like the Federalist.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Applewood wrote:
"The VP is being Captain Obvious.  Most of us have known for a long time that we were hornswoggled when Roberts was sold to us as a conservative jurist."

I sense Mr. Roberts was chosen because he was a brother-in-arms in the ideological sense...
How many times did he go to Epstein's little island?

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

If we went by the original intent of the constitution, there would be no centralized power. It is one thing to place a consummate tool in an apprentice's hands. What they do with that tool, however, is beyond one's control. The Constitution limits the power of the Federal Government, assigning it only a few specific duties, and retaining all other power to the States and the People.
The courts have materially changed the interpretation of those duties and their limitations by redefining the language itself, and where necessary, making subtle but semantically significant changes in interpretation in order to redefine the law, even in instances where that intent was spelled out in supporting documents like the Federalist.
-------------------------
On the mark, as usual.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah, W's personal attorney.

Its all about them - the Bush way.

@skeeter

Well,partially. It leads back to the Harriman international banking family that Prescott Bush married into. I am not sure how Babs was injected with Poppy,but she was clearly his handler,and the brains in the family.

Prescott Bush Sr is the one that was arrested and plead guilty of dealing with the enemy during WW-2 when he was caught laundering money for the Nazi's. IIRC,this was the money that allowed so many of the senior Nazi's to escape to and hide in Argentina and other SA countries at the end of the war.

(footnote) It is MY SUSPISCION that this is where the Bush/Argentina connection was made that somehow hooked SC Chief Justice Roberts up with the blonde-haired,blue-eyed European orphans he and his beard/wife adopted. Not sure of the details,but I see he and Boy Jorge having a homo connection and double lives.  I am sure someone more knowledgeable about this issue can fill in the details,but that's not me.

Anyhow,Prescott Sr plead guilty and resigned to draw heat away from the bank,and his punishment was a fine paid by the bank,and being elected to the US Senate in 1954.

It was Prescott Bush Jr that opened the Chinese-America Chamber of Commerce in China after President Poppy normalized relations with China,and became business partners with the Chi-com Politburo. Baby Brudder Neil was being groomed to take his place after Prescott Jr died,but he was an idiot that got caught in a "Honey Trap" in Thailand,most likely set up by the Taiwanese. "Caught" as in both audio and video in living color.  This effectively ended the power trip of the Bush Klan. JEB was and is a useless wuss,Baby Brudder Neil is borderline retarded,and Boy Jorge has nowhere to go after being President.

They keep trying to get "The Brown Bush" elected in Texas to kick off "Round 3",but so far no luck at all. Not even after buying him a trophy blonde wife and getting pals to hire him as an "investment counselor" at their banks. He would have probably still had a shot if Babs were running the family,but when she died it left the family with no balls.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 04:18:23 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Applewood wrote:

@Fishrrman

He was picked because he was a homosexual still in the closet,and there is something "hinky" about the adoption of the blonde/blue eyed "orphans" from Argentina.  IOW,the people hiding behind the curtain and pulling his strings OWN him.

Offline Applewood

@Fishrrman

He was picked because he was a homosexual still in the closet,and there is something "hinky" about the adoption of the blonde/blue eyed "orphans" from Argentina.  IOW,the people hiding behind the curtain and pulling his strings OWN him.

@sneakypete

Goodness!  You do have a vast library of conspiracy theories you can't prove, don't ya?  LOL

By the way, I did a little reading about Harriet Miers, mostly to refresh my failing memory.  At the time President Bush nominated her for SCOTUS, he sold her as a conservative also.  But I guess we will never know if she was or not.  She had never been a judge and when asked for briefs and other documents she had written to gauge how she might rule in legal matters, there was resistance from the White House on national security grounds.  So rather than provide the requested documents, Miers' nomination was withdrawn.

But in the end, after that disastrous nomination was withdrawn, President Bush ultimately nominated a real conservative, Justice Alito.  Finally got it right.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Fishrrman

This crap is all "Skull and Bones" writ large. They all have significant dirt on one another, they aren't useful to each other without some leverage to keep them in line. There's a carrot in front of that stick: wealth. But to get it, they have to sign away their allegiance to anyone other than the cabal. No perfidy or crime to anyone or anything outside the group is too great. No perfidy or crime against anyone inside the group is tolerated.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Well,partially. It leads back to the Harriman international banking family that Prescott Bush married into. I am not sure how Babs was injected with Poppy,but she was clearly his handler,and the brains in the family...
*bouche*

WHERE do you get all this?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
*bouche*

WHERE do you get all this?

@skeeter

History. Old newspaper stories.

Sorry you can't deal with uncomfortable truths.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

History. Old newspaper stories.

Sorry you can't deal with uncomfortable truths.

How do you know what I can deal with?

To quote Lunchbox Joe 'c'mon man'. I'm no lover of the Bush family.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What's sad about this is I remember during his nomination process none other than the late Fred Thompson was one of the ones sheperding him through the process.

Fred talked to Mark Levin about this on his radio program and was impressed by his "Conservative mind".  I remember the ugliness by the left aimed at Roberts about his adopted kids.

To see where he's sunk to now is disappointing to say the least.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!