Author Topic: Republicans fear disaster in November  (Read 9526 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Republicans fear disaster in November
« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2020, 04:15:58 pm »
And that was when something could have been done about it. He passed.

What stops the swamp is the exact opposite of what folks are doing. What stops the swamp is Conservative orthodoxy... Statesmanship. Insisting on the real thing will not get you everything, but it will get you far.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #251 on: August 08, 2020, 04:18:35 pm »
It isn't what you know, it's what you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

That takes a lot of homework, and some live witnesses...

I'm hoping this is a case where Euripides' maxim about the wheels of justice applies.

If justice is ever served we should've known it would never be served fast.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2020, 04:20:33 pm »
What stops the swamp is the exact opposite of what folks are doing. What stops the swamp is Conservative orthodoxy... Statesmanship. Insisting on the real thing will not get you everything, but it will get you far.

What was he supposed to stop the Swamp with? More Swamp?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2020, 04:25:09 pm »
What was he supposed to stop the Swamp with? More Swamp?

Well that's what he knows to do. He's been a player all the way along.. A wheeler-dealer... Folks claim that is an attribute... That he knows the game without somehow being an 'insider'... I will grant you that there is some sorta infinitesimal in-the-statistical-margin chance that that may be so... But the wisdom on the street is that a player's gonna play. The leopard does not change his spots.  :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2020, 04:25:56 pm »
I'm hoping this is a case where Euripides' maxim about the wheels of justice applies.

If justice is ever served we should've known it would never be served fast.

And especially so with the entire swamp throwing up every possible roadblock, to include a damned fake pandemic, @skeeter

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2020, 04:30:07 pm »
That's right. But more to the point, frog-marching top-end Democrats to their doom (the wet dream of some) was never in the cards. He was never going to drain the swamp. And he never will.

Exactly.  Look at how many emails and evidence have been turned over and uncovered but nothing has been done.  No one has been indicted.  He appointed Sessions who was a failure as the AG and now Barr.  Barr continues to blow a lot of smoke and hot air but that's been about it.  They've all been really good at dangling that carrot making people think that they're actually doing something. They have don't squat!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2020, 04:30:43 pm »
I believe Barr is Trump's servant.  He prosecutes or doesn't prosecute at Trump's direction.  Look at his actions in the Roger Stone case.  Barr might say he is his own man, but I don't believe he meddled in the sentencing just because he thought the sentence sought was unfair for a first-time offender and that the fact the fist-time offender happened to be a buddy of Trump.

Remember at one time Trump and the Clintons were BFFs.  Trump used to be a Democrat till he registered Republican to run for president.  No one has ever followed up to determine whether there is still some kind of relationship between Trump and the Clintons.  If there is, then you can be sure he is not going to order Barr to investigate the Clintons.  And perhaps some of Trump's Democrat connections influenced him to order Barr to stay away from the Obamas too.

Now this could all be investigated, but every time someone questions Trump's actions or inactions, there are screams of a "coup."  Fervent supporters believe nothing he does is wrong.  My guess though is that if Trump's actions were those of another president, particularly a Democrat like Obama or Clinton, the supporters would be in an uproar.  In fact, they already have been.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2020, 04:33:48 pm »
Well that's what he knows to do. He's been a player all the way along.. A wheeler-dealer... Folks claim that is an attribute... That he knows the game without somehow being an 'insider'... I will grant you that there is some sorta infinitesimal in-the-statistical-margin chance that that may be so... But the wisdom on the street is that a player's gonna play. The leopard does not change his spots.  :shrug:

If possible, allow for a moment how difficult it would be for someone in his position, an outsider without a career's worth of political contacts and favors to cash in, to 'drain the swamp' before he's had a chance to get the lay of the land and get his own people - or the right people - in key positions.

On the other hand its clear he over-promised - but what presidential candidate doesn't. If Barr doesn't cough up some key indictments I will make no more apologies for him about the 'drain the swamp' issue.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 04:36:33 pm by skeeter »

Online DB

« Reply #258 on: August 08, 2020, 04:40:38 pm »
I think it is certainly a possibility Bill Clinton talked Trump into running on the Republican side to throw a monkey wrench into the GOP nomination. Bill thought he was clearing the path for his wife by hamstringing his opponents from within. Not long before Trump announced he was running as a Republican he was considered a clown on the conservative side. Even Jim Rob said as much. But the promise to build a wall sealed the deal for those who believed him. That was all that mattered. His long history of being a NY liberal was just that, history...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2020, 04:47:01 pm »
Doesn't have to be sane or moderate, just some twofer minority who is not proud of the country.

Can you say Michelle Obama?

That is who I believe he's going to pick as his VP as well.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #260 on: August 08, 2020, 04:50:00 pm »
This is getting a bit old.  Off to the ignore list with Chosen Daughter.....

@mrpotatohead  it appears that @Chosen Daughter may have left the forum

Offline Applewood

« Reply #261 on: August 08, 2020, 04:51:45 pm »
@mrpotatohead  it appears that @Chosen Daughter may have left the forum

Don't blame her if she did.  She was beaten up relentlessly here.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #262 on: August 08, 2020, 04:51:56 pm »
If possible, allow for a moment how difficult it would be for someone in his position, an outsider without a career's worth of political contacts and favors to cash in, to 'drain the swamp' before he's had a chance to get the lay of the land and get his own people - or the right people - in key positions.

On the other hand its clear he over-promised - but what presidential candidate doesn't. If Barr doesn't cough up some key indictments I will make no more apologies for him about the 'drain the swamp' issue.

Both Barr and Trump keep eluding to the fact that they have key evidence and strong evidence but nothing gets done.  They've been playing that game since Trump appointed him AG.  It's nothing but smoke and mirrors and a dog and pony show. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #263 on: August 08, 2020, 04:58:47 pm »
I think it is certainly a possibility Bill Clinton talked Trump into running on the Republican side to throw a monkey wrench into the GOP nomination. Bill thought he was clearing the path for his wife by hamstringing his opponents from within. Not long before Trump announced he was running as a Republican he was considered a clown on the conservative side. Even Jim Rob said as much. But the promise to build a wall sealed the deal for those who believed him. That was all that mattered. His long history of being a NY liberal was just that, history...

If you are right, then Trump returned the favor by not following through on having Hillary prosecuted.

And that precious wall hasn't gone too far in four years.  It, like most of the rest of Trump's promises were not fulfilled.  He and his supporters can blame Democrats, Republicans, the so-called "deep state" or whatever, but he made the promises and that he did not carry them out is on his shoulders.  In my mind he shares the blame.

Online DB

« Reply #264 on: August 08, 2020, 04:59:23 pm »
Always an excuse and a distraction.

It is also a direct contradiction of what they claim. In the same breath they say "only Trump can save us" and then "Trump's hands are tied, he's not a dictator"... And never mind that Trump campaigned as literally the only guy that could make the things he promised happen due to his awesome negotiating skills... And then they tell us he's not a politician... My lyin eyes...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #265 on: August 08, 2020, 05:00:16 pm »

Yes indeed. She had an absolute right to post her opinions and at times I definitely agreed with her, but I also felt at times she deliberately agitated and provoked as well. Maybe she'll return.  It's a shame, we've lost some people in this forum lately.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #266 on: August 08, 2020, 05:21:11 pm »

Alright - hear me please:

[rant]
If I allow that, which I see where you are coming from, that bespeaks a certainty of ineptitude... The only logical extension of that position is that he bit off way, way more than he could chew, and he should have known better.., That is functionally inept.  So to me, to give him the benefit of the doubt necessarily requires that admission of ineptitude. To do otherwise is to admit he is a player, which is more likely... But also means he is playing something and somebody (which is also very likely, and may well be you)... without a HINT of 'Orange Man Bad', just as a sturdy rule-of-thumb, that he is a player running a game is the most obvious and reasoned position to take, according to his history, motivation, personality, and general rules of the game... And as evidenced by his actions.

Perhaps you will better understand my jaundiced eye, and realize I have little reason to ever be a true believer because I start from a critical position ALWAYS when it comes to government. I believe quite profoundly in the warning of the phrase 'I'm, from the government, and I am here to help'.

The ONLY guy I will cheer for is that guy that is there to slash and burn. To enact draconian cuts on the GOVERNMENT, not the citizens. I would leap for JOY at a man that would make 1/3rd of America jobless - that third that works for the Fed. That guy will be inerrantly and always a Conservative, dyed in the wool, because it is only Conservatives that believe that government is not your friend. Is ~NEVER~ your friend.

So if I knew right off the bat, and if I was biased from the start against Tumpy, it is only because it was quite apparent from his early history on up that he did not possess the Conservative stones to do what folks said he was going to do. The minute he crawled in bed with Turtle fixed the deal.

Yes, I jeer. Purposefully, with a pointing finger. But that is based firmly in a first premise that has proved true. The way this is fixed, the ONLY way it is fixed, is with a congress filled to bursting with Conservative paladins with hands on the levers of power, and a grand-daddy, rock-ribbed Conservative to lead them. Anything else is a waste of time and an affirmation of 'Here to Help' rather than heeding the warning.

And even at that, it will take many iterations, as many will still fall to corruption. So it will take an insistence and commitment to the cause that very few who claim conservatism possess or understand.
[/rant]

Hope that helps with the POV.

FACTS. And if I am wrong, and there are indicted Democrats in droves frog-marching to their doom in October, I will happily admit my error. But I wouldn't bet on it.
 :beer:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #267 on: August 08, 2020, 05:23:10 pm »

Likely. He thought he was clearing a path for his wife, and instead, cleared the way for Tumpy. Surely explains the venom on the left.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #268 on: August 08, 2020, 05:24:00 pm »

And that's a damn shame.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #269 on: August 08, 2020, 05:26:42 pm »
It is also a direct contradiction of what they claim. In the same breath they say "only Trump can save us" and then "Trump's hands are tied, he's not a dictator"... And never mind that Trump campaigned as literally the only guy that could make the things he promised happen due to his awesome negotiating skills... And then they tell us he's not a politician... My lyin eyes...

That's right.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #270 on: August 08, 2020, 05:37:13 pm »
Alright - hear me please:

[rant]
If I allow that, which I see where you are coming from, that bespeaks a certainty of ineptitude... The only logical extension of that position is that he bit off way, way more than he could chew, and he should have known better.., That is functionally inept.  So to me, to give him the benefit of the doubt necessarily requires that admission of ineptitude. To do otherwise is to admit he is a player, which is more likely... But also means he is playing something and somebody (which is also very likely, and may well be you)... without a HINT of 'Orange Man Bad', just as a sturdy rule-of-thumb, that he is a player running a game is the most obvious and reasoned position to take, according to his history, motivation, personality, and general rules of the game... And as evidenced by his actions.

Perhaps you will better understand my jaundiced eye, and realize I have little reason to ever be a true believer because I start from a critical position ALWAYS when it comes to government. I believe quite profoundly in the warning of the phrase 'I'm, from the government, and I am here to help'.

The ONLY guy I will cheer for is that guy that is there to slash and burn. To enact draconian cuts on the GOVERNMENT, not the citizens. I would leap for JOY at a man that would make 1/3rd of America jobless - that third that works for the Fed. That guy will be inerrantly and always a Conservative, dyed in the wool, because it is only Conservatives that believe that government is not your friend. Is ~NEVER~ your friend.

So if I knew right off the bat, and if I was biased from the start against Tumpy, it is only because it was quite apparent from his early history on up that he did not possess the Conservative stones to do what folks said he was going to do. The minute he crawled in bed with Turtle fixed the deal.

Yes, I jeer. Purposefully, with a pointing finger. But that is based firmly in a first premise that has proved true. The way this is fixed, the ONLY way it is fixed, is with a congress filled to bursting with Conservative paladins with hands on the levers of power, and a grand-daddy, rock-ribbed Conservative to lead them. Anything else is a waste of time and an affirmation of 'Here to Help' rather than heeding the warning.

And even at that, it will take many iterations, as many will still fall to corruption. So it will take an insistence and commitment to the cause that very few who claim conservatism possess or understand.
[/rant]

Hope that helps with the POV.

FACTS. And if I am wrong, and there are indicted Democrats in droves frog-marching to their doom in October, I will happily admit my error. But I wouldn't bet on it.
 :beer:
Fair enough. I allow that a good portion of Trump's difficulties stem from his ineptitude - I believe he did not fully appreciate what he would be up against. Whether he should have is another matter.

And its true - to my knowledge he never gave any indication, other than his 2016 campaign rhetoric, to believe he would govern in a manner I would approve of. And I did not believe he would, which is why I supported Cruz. But he surprised with generally speaking some of the best executive branch policies I've seen in 40 years. And he now has my support.

Anyway I do respect the above POV and appreciate the time you took to post it.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 05:38:33 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #271 on: August 08, 2020, 05:50:15 pm »
@sneakypete

But I still want to know why Trump ultimately decided not to prosecute Hillary after saying he would if elected.  I don't buy his explanation that "she suffered enough."

@Applewood

I don't know,either. Chances are it is something like dirt on one of his children,which is about the only thing I can think of would make him back-off.

Or maybe it is something so big he is saving it for the "proper time",namely his second term,because it is so "explosive" it would have complicated his first term even more. Don't forget,in his second term he no longer has to please the Dims OR the RINO's.

What I DO know,and so do you and anyone else who has ever thought about it,is that the Clintons,ESPECIALLY Bubbette! have been as quiet as church mice the last 4 years. Not sure if it is a threat from Trump or something else causing it,but it's not like either of them to avoid tv cameras.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #272 on: August 08, 2020, 05:52:47 pm »
I believe he did not fully appreciate what he would be up against.

Nor did 99 and 44/100% of these supporting him @skeeter but I have told you from day one that draining the swamp was not going to be easy, clean, or quick and I was probably somewhat naive as well.

I admit to never imagining that the bastards would invent a pandemic to preserve their swamp but here we are.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 05:56:24 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #273 on: August 08, 2020, 05:54:21 pm »
Some of the President's enemies could muster serious (as in buy your own country) money for the persons or person who managed to stop him from winning by foul means. Not presenting a direct target might be prudent at this point. While I believe the Secret Service remains professional as ever,

@Smokin Joe

I only believe that if they were never professionals. I have no doubt the ones that personally guard he and his family are trustworthy,but the agency itself seems to now be as corrupt as the rest of the feral government.

Who knows? Maybe it has been that way all along and the Clinton's only refined it by forcing the honest ones they didn't trust into retirement,and promoting the groupies? Only the insiders know this,and they ain't talking.
my level of trust would drop off exponentially by the time I was dealing with most other alphabet agencies. There are people who stand to lose a lot if the swamp starts draining, and a lot of them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #274 on: August 08, 2020, 05:55:03 pm »
@Applewood

I don't know,either. Chances are it is something like dirt on one of his children,which is about the only thing I can think of would make him back-off.

Or maybe it just made for a good soundbite at campaign stops and he never intended for it to be anything but that.

Or maybe it is something so big he is saving it for the "proper time",namely his second term,because it is so "explosive" it would have complicated his first term even more. Don't forget,in his second term he no longer has to please the Dims OR the RINO's.

If he hasn't done it by now...he never will.  In fact his second term will most likely mirror Bush 43's second term for the exact reason you stated above.

What I DO know,and so do you and anyone else who has ever thought about it,is that the Clintons,ESPECIALLY Bubbette! have been as quiet as church mice the last 4 years. Not sure if it is a threat from Trump or something else causing it,but it's not like either of them to avoid tv cameras.

You clearly don't have Twitter.  Cankles is all over that social media platform bloviating.  She has been anything bu silent.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!