Author Topic: L.A. County Supervisors Vote to Put Defunding Police on November Ballot  (Read 550 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Robert Kraychik 4 Aug 2020

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors approved a proposal on Tuesday to amend the city’s charter — which will be presented to voters on November 3 via ballot — to remove $880 million from law enforcement and “reinvest” the money in “direct community investment” and “alternatives to incarceration.”

Titled, “Reimagining L.A. County: Shifting Budget Priorities to Revitalize Under-resourced and Low-income Communities,” the proposal includes language frequently used by Democrat politicians and the broader left. It alleges the existence of “systemic discrimination, exclusion, and inequity” targeting blacks and yielding “racial injustice” and “racial inequity.”

Bill Melugin, an L.A.-based reporter, reported on some of the details via Twitter:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/04/la-county-vote-defund-police-ballot/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Re: L.A. County Supervisors Vote to Put Defunding Police on November Ballot
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 02:53:55 pm »
Yes...get rid of the police.  California is so far ahead of the rest of the country.  /S

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 04:49:39 pm »
The number of voters that vote for or against this should be real interesting.

No doubt whatsoever the ghetto is going to vote to get rid of them,but I really don't see the Trust Fund "Children" in their 40's and 50's who are their biggest supporters being willing to give up their police protection.

I see this vote being settled by both the white and the black middle-classes.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 06:10:43 pm »

No doubt whatsoever the ghetto is going to vote to get rid of them,but I really don't see the Trust Fund "Children" in their 40's and 50's who are their biggest supporters being willing to give up their police protection.

If the trust fund children vote to keep the police, then they'll be RACISTS!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 06:16:04 pm »

Referendum? Hands down this will go down in flames. Joe Sixpack ain't that stupid.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 06:22:02 pm »
Referendum? Hands down this will go down in flames. Joe Sixpack ain't that stupid.
Uuuuhm......It's california don't you know...lololol.

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 06:26:39 pm »
All this is is passing the buck so that the supervisors don't have to go on record not defunding the police while the leftest rage.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 06:44:25 pm »
Uuuuhm......It's california don't you know...lololol.

No, the referendum will be shot down alright... Then the Cal court will step in and do it by fiat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 08:23:30 pm »

Uh, yeah I think that's right.  What's amazing to me is their willingness to do this on a ballot where some of them are being voted upon as well.  "Say!  This guy voted to put this on the ballot!  I'll vote 'No' on that bastid, too!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 08:24:29 pm »
All this is is passing the buck so that the supervisors don't have to go on record not defunding the police while the leftest rage.

It's probably not the sharpest move, putting this on the same ballot their own names are on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 08:29:15 pm »
Uh, yeah I think that's right.  What's amazing to me is their willingness to do this on a ballot where some of them are being voted upon as well.  "Say!  This guy voted to put this on the ballot!  I'll vote 'No' on that bastid, too!"

I don't know how it is down there, but up in here...

We have a draconian mask law here now, imposed from on high by the governor. Seeing as how I cannot buy or sell without it, I am forced to wear the damn thing in town. So I have a couple... One says 'An a**hole makes me wear this' and the other simply says something like 'FU Bullock' (only not so nice)... And I can't go anywhere without very positive feedback.

Bullock has literally doomed himself. He will not survive this politically.