Author Topic: Tlaib holds lead in early vote count against primary challenger  (Read 191 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tlaib holds lead in early vote count against primary challenger
By J. Edward Moreno - 08/05/20 08:49 AM EDT

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) holds a large lead over Detroit City Council President Brenda Jones in a Democratic primary, but with only 16 percent of precincts reporting, according to The Associated Press.

The two candidates could be waiting for some time for a formal result because of a large number of absentee ballots.

Tlaib has 66 percent of the votes cast so far, compared to 34 percent for Jones, according to the AP.

Tuesday marks the third time that Tlaib and Jones have gone head-to-head in the reliably blue district since 2018, when Jones defeated Tlaib in the race to replace the late Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D). About a month later Tlaib defeated Jones by one percentage point in a six-way primary for a new two-year term.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/510620-tlaib-holds-slight-lead-in-reelection-bid
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Tlaib holds lead in early vote count against primary challenger
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 02:44:13 pm »
Tlaib wins Michigan Democratic primary, declares Squad 'here to stay, and it’s only getting bigger'
'If I was considered the most vulnerable member of the Squad, I think it’s safe to say the Squad is here to stay, and it’s only getting bigger'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tlaib-wins-michigan-democratic-primary-squad
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 02:58:21 pm »
Tlaib wins Michigan Democratic primary, declares Squad 'here to stay, and it’s only getting bigger'
Lay off the donuts, Chubs.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 03:04:03 pm »
Muzzie sez whot?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 03:07:39 pm »
'If I was considered the most vulnerable member of the Squad, I think it’s safe to say the Squad is here to stay, and it’s only getting bigger'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tlaib-wins-michigan-democratic-primary-squad
It looks like the dems had around 100k voters for their primary but the republicans only had 10K or so.... not good

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rashida Tlaib Claims Squad ‘Here to Stay, and It’s Only Getting Bigger’ After Primary Win
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/05/rashida-tlaib-claims-squad-here-to-stay-and-its-only-getting-bigger-after-primary-win/
Support the USO