Author Topic: Dem Senator walks out of Ted Cruz's Antifa hearing: 'I don't think you listen'  (Read 542 times)

Online libertybele

Gotta love Ted!  (video @ link)

Dem Senator walks out of Ted Cruz's Antifa hearing: 'I don't think you listen'

Tensions flared at a Senate hearing on Antifa when a top Democrat walked out of the room declaring she couldn't sit through Sen. Ted Cruz's rhetorical speeches any longer.

The dustup occurred when Cruz, R-Texas, blasted Democrats for not condemning Antifa more directly for the violence and destruction that has taken hold in certain U.S. cities in the wake of George Floyd's death in Minneapolis.

But Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, said Cruz just wasn't listening during the more than three-hour hearing when Democrats said violence is not acceptable.

"Sometimes I don't think you listen," Hirono told Cruz at the Senate Judiciary subcommittee hearing as he finished up with a nearly 10-minute speech.  "So, how many times have I had to say that we all should be denouncing violent extremists of every stripe."

"Does that include Antifa?" said Cruz, who was chairing the hearing.

"I have the time," Hirono shot back.

"...I hope this is the end of this hearing, Mr. Chairman, and that we don't have to listen to any more of your rhetorical speeches," Hirono concluded.  "Thank you very much. I'm leaving."

Hirono then packed up to leave the hearing before Cruz adjourned it.

"Well I appreciate the, as always, kind of uplifting words of Senator Hirono," Cruz said. "And I would also note that throughout her remarks she still did not say a negative word about Antifa nor has any Democrat here."................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-senator-mazie-hirono-walks-out-ted-cruz-antifa-hearing
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

She's probably right, I don't listen to dumbazzes either.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Gotta love Ted!

888high58888

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I can imagine no form of meeting that would not be improved by the absence of Mazie Hirono.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ted Cruz Retweeted
Daily Caller
@DailyCaller

CRUZ: "You're welcome to say something negative about Antifa right now."

HIRONO: "I think that I've covered the subject quite well"

CRUZ: "She declined to speak so that is the position of the Democratic Party"

Video

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1290766834237673474

5:49 PM · Aug 4, 2020·Twitter Web App

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Isn't she the "Senator" who said she doesn't want to hear men talking about anything? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Key is this that Hirono would not go on record of rebuking Antifa by name. Nor would any other democrat there.  That is all Cruz asked for. 

Points scored for Cruz and Company.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 02:17:34 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Key is this that Hirono would not go on record of rebuking Antifa by name. Nor would any other democrat there.  That is all Cruz asked for. 

Points scored for Cruz and Company.

Yes score another one for Cruz!  What amazes me time and time again about Ted is his ability to remain extremely calm while hostility and accusations are pointed at him.  He didn't flinch.  He asked the questions and made his points without any return hostility whatsoever.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes score another one for Cruz!  What amazes me time and time again about Ted is his ability to remain extremely calm while hostility and accusations are pointed at him. He didn't flinch.  He asked the questions and made his points without any return hostility whatsoever.

@libertybele

I don't really trust him,but there can be no doubt that he is a VERY smart guy,plus he is a lawyer by trade. I suspect he is a very good one,too.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online andy58-in-nh

I can imagine no form of meeting that would not be improved by the absence of Mazie Hirono.

As she left the room, the average IQ of the participants increased by about 30 points.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As she left the room, the average IQ of the participants increased by about 30 points.

:yowsa: At least!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Hirono is a certified loon.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

Nice!

Online DB

Yes score another one for Cruz!  What amazes me time and time again about Ted is his ability to remain extremely calm while hostility and accusations are pointed at him.  He didn't flinch.  He asked the questions and made his points without any return hostility whatsoever.

I don't have that skill...