Author Topic: Marathon permanently idles two US refineries  (Read 484 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Marathon permanently idles two US refineries
« on: August 04, 2020, 08:02:52 pm »
Marathon permanently idles two US refineries

https://www.ogj.com/refining-processing/refining/article/14180915/marathon-permanently-idles-two-us-refineries?utm_source=OGJ+Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CPS200803031&o_eid=0652I4090734J1O&rdx.ident%5Bpull%5D=omeda%7C0652I4090734J1O&oly_enc_id=0652I4090734J1O

Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC) is permanently shuttering crude oil processing at two of its US refineries as part of the operator’s strategy to increase its overall competitiveness as a result of decreased product demand caused by the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis.

MPC has decided to indefinitely idle its 161,000-b/d refinery in Martinez, Calif., as well as its 27,000-b/d refinery in Gallup, NM, with no plans to restart normal operations at either manufacturing site, the company said in its Aug. 3 second-quarter 2020 earnings report to investors.

In addition, the Dickinson, ND facility is being converted to produce biodiesel ...for the California market. (I'd rather they produce diesel from oil for ours).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Marathon permanently idles two US refineries
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 08:39:33 pm »
As long as the lay them up properly, they can be brought back on line very quickly.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Marathon permanently idles two US refineries
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 08:49:09 pm »
As long as the lay them up properly, they can be brought back on line very quickly.

Yeah but why bother?  They are in California and New Mexico.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien