Author Topic: Trump reverses, encourages vote by mail — in Florida  (Read 1368 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump reverses, encourages vote by mail — in Florida
« on: August 04, 2020, 06:19:07 pm »
By Morgan Chalfant - 08/04/20 01:24 PM EDT

President Trump on Tuesday encouraged voters in Florida to vote by mail, saying the state's election system is “safe and secure” after weeks of assailing efforts to expand mail-in voting by claiming that it would invite large-scale fraud.

The remarks are a reversal for Trump, who has repeatedly suggested that increased mail-in voting could lead to voter fraud, despite a lack of evidence that mailed-in ballots lead to criminal activity.

Republicans have grown worried that Trump’s attacks on mail-in voting could actually suppress the GOP vote in the upcoming election.

“Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True,” Trump tweeted. “Florida’s Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail! #MAGA.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/510484-trump-in-reversal-encourages-vote-by-mail-in-florida
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump reverses, encourages vote by mail — in Florida
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 06:24:41 pm »
Didn't bother to read the article -- the headline was enough for me "Trump REVERSES" ...  9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 09:46:56 pm »
He states that the FL election system is "safe and secure" -- how does he know that vs. other states????  Meanwhile he is still tweeting about the potential for mail-in voting fraud.  Which is it? 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 11:21:53 pm »
DeSantis is one of Trump's buds.  So naturally, Trump would be ok with mail-in voting in Florida.  He probably would be ok with mail-in voting in any Republican-led state. 

Now states like PA, where Democrats rule, he wouldn't trust them. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 11:59:54 pm »
DeSantis is one of Trump's buds.  So naturally, Trump would be ok with mail-in voting in Florida.  He probably would be ok with mail-in voting in any Republican-led state. 

Now states like PA, where Democrats rule, he wouldn't trust them.

As for DeSantis I can honestly say that he is one of the worst governors we've had, and I've lived here almost 30 years.  I absolutely no longer trust him.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 12:04:28 am »
   He may need to rethink this strategery, I think Gov. Abbott (TX) is a secret Cruz lover.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 12:05:53 am »
He states that the FL election system is "safe and secure" -- how does he know that vs. other states????  Meanwhile he is still tweeting about the potential for mail-in voting fraud.  Which is it?

There's that big difference between Absentee voting and universal vote by mail, but whatever.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 12:13:33 am »
POTUS is acting reasonably,  picking his targets ... and Florida, for the reasons included in his tweet, is not one.  There's no need.

He's got Nevada in court ... I'm looking forward to who's next.    happy77

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True. Florida’s Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail! #MAGA

12:55 PM · Aug 4, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1290692768675901440

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 12:16:39 am »
   He may need to rethink this strategery, I think Gov. Abbott (TX) is a secret Cruz lover.

:silly:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 12:19:18 am »
Didn't bother to read the article -- the headline was enough for me "Trump REVERSES" ...  9999hair out0000

But he didn't @libertybele   As I said, he's choosing targets in line with what he's previously said ... Florida isn't a target.  He's got a large team of attorneys and politicos reviewing voting in key states. Look for more court filings to come.

And BTW, the headlines shouldn't determine your reaction ... it's really not a good thing to let the media tell you what's happening without digging a little deeper. We should know this by now.   Well, at least IMO.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 12:28:05 am »
But he didn't @libertybele   As I said, he's choosing targets in line with what he's previously said ... Florida isn't a target.  He's got a large team of attorneys and politicos reviewing voting in key states. Look for more court filings to come.

And BTW, the headlines shouldn't determine your reaction ... it's really not a good thing to let the media tell you what's happening without digging a little deeper. We should know this by now.   Well, at least IMO.

Well, Trump is encouraging mail in voting in FL.  Works for me as I plan on only voting for a few people anyways. It'll save me a trip to the polls.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 12:36:01 am »

Agree. Media is always putting a spin on or lie,  What POTUS SAYS.  If they can put in some thing NEGATIVE,  or outright lie, on what he said....they will do it.  Absentee voting in Florida is ADDRESSED...not all states!  And ONLY...ABSENTEE VOTING.  POTUS SAID...they cleaned up Florida.  He made Florida his permanent home address.
He is not talking about 'mail in ballots".  TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.  Why do people believe MEDIA ..at all? 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 12:40:23 am »
Well, Trump is encouraging mail in voting in FL.  Works for me as I plan on only voting for a few people anyways. It'll save me a trip to the polls.

ONLY ABSENTEE VOTING....not what demon-rats want.  A general mail in voting, which can be corrupt.  ABSENTEE VOTING REQUIRES MORE ITEMS...to do that, as proof of voter.  TWO DIFFERENT WAYS OF VOTING.

We have always had absentee voting. THE OTHER, GENERAL MAIL IN....IS NOT WHAT POTUS IS TALKING ABOUT.  MEDIA IS MIXING THE TWO UP!   So are you. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 12:45:57 am »
There's that big difference between Absentee voting and universal vote by mail, but whatever.

Correct.  It seems majority of people don't understand that.  FOR SURE...MEDIA DOES NOT!  lol  In any way, they can screw up his words,  they will.  POTUS IS TALKING ABOUT ABSENTEE VOTING....ONLY.  Not the other universal vote by mail.  Thank you. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2020, 12:48:43 am »
By Morgan Chalfant - 08/04/20 01:24 PM EDT

President Trump on Tuesday encouraged voters in Florida to vote by mail, saying the state's election system is “safe and secure” after weeks of assailing efforts to expand mail-in voting by claiming that it would invite large-scale fraud.

The remarks are a reversal for Trump, who has repeatedly suggested that increased mail-in voting could lead to voter fraud, despite a lack of evidence that mailed-in ballots lead to criminal activity.

Republicans have grown worried that Trump’s attacks on mail-in voting could actually suppress the GOP vote in the upcoming election.

“Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True,” Trump tweeted. “Florida’s Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail! #MAGA.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/510484-trump-in-reversal-encourages-vote-by-mail-in-florida

POTUS IS NOT REVERSING HIS POSITION ON UNIVERSAL GENERAL VOTING BY MAIL.   HE IS TALKING ABOUT  ABSENTEE VOTING.   The HILL....lying again! 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2020, 01:01:23 am »
So .... apparently his tweet was misquoted then.  Got it!

“Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True,” Trump tweeted

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2020, 01:07:45 am »

“Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True,” Trump tweeted

That's very rude of you @libertybele to screwup their Orange World with the simple Logic of a Trump tweet.   :nono:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2020, 04:03:22 am »
Here we go.  Absentee ballots are good, universal mail-in ballots are dangerous

4,396 views•Aug 4, 2020

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2020, 04:06:39 am »

He is referring to absentee voting with BOTH COMMENTS....VOTE BY MAIL OR, OR, OR ABSENTEE VOTING.....SEE HIS

VIDEO.  AUG. 4TH. 2020.  Absentee ballots are good, universal mail-in ballots are dangerous

4,396 views•Aug 4, 2020

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2020, 04:13:59 am »
   That's very rude of you @libertybele to screwup their Orange World with the simple Logic of a Trump tweet.   :nono:

NO. The written word does not, TRANSLATE well.  No nuance.  He is talking about ABSENTEE VOTING. (However you want to call it)  You need to understand  the man.  I have no problem, following him. Why are you being racist with a COLOR POST?  She was NOT RUDE.  Just doesn't understand his words.

(Just like sarcasm..does not translate on here, as a written word.  One has to SAY..SAR.) 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2020, 11:08:58 am »
 yogi555

@corbe

That's supposed to be a secret?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2020, 11:11:40 am »
POTUS is acting reasonably,  picking his targets ... and Florida, for the reasons included in his tweet, is not one.  There's no need.

He's got Nevada in court ... I'm looking forward to who's next.    happy77

@Right_in_Virginia

It wasn't so safe and secure back when Goober was running against Boy Jorge,and had people like JJ and "The Rev,Al Sharpton" taking busloads of NYC blacks down to Florida to help them register Dim voters in Florida prisons and ghettos.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2020, 11:39:49 am »
@corbe

Gov. Abbott was first our State Attorney General before he was Governor.  He hired Cruz to be the main lawyer in his office.  It was Cruz who put serious cases together and prosecuted the case.  In that capacity, Cruz had cases in the US Supreme Court and won most of them for Texas.

Of course, Abbott is a Cruz lover and not a secret one.   :patriot:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2020, 11:48:01 am »
It wasn't so safe and secure back when Goober was running against Boy Jorge,and had people like JJ and "The Rev,Al Sharpton" taking busloads of NYC blacks down to Florida to help them register Dim voters in Florida prisons and ghettos.

Most states do not let prisoners vote.  Would have to look up Florida Election Code to see if that state does allow that.  If they don't, no one could go into a prison to register voters.

However, it is not against the law to use a car or bus to take people to register to vote or to actually vote.  No one can vote if not on the voter list.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2020, 11:59:56 am »
  Most states do not let prisoners vote.  Would have to look up Florida Election Code to see if that state does allow that.  If they don't, no one could go into a prison to register voters.

@Victoria33

While While you are checking,check the right date. This happened when Gore ran for President.

Frankly,I am surprised you don't know about this. It was reported openly in major newspapers.