Author Topic: Massive Blast in Beirut 08/04/2020  (Read 4663 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Massive Blast in Beirut 08/04/2020
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2020, 01:47:26 pm »
Hezbollah is at Fault for the Explosion In Beirut
By: Bart Marcois - August 4, 2020
We have seen video of a horrific explosion in Beirut, that produced a mushroom cloud and caused a shock wave that was felt in Cyprus, 140 miles away. Every pane of glass within a radius of six miles was shattered. The port and airport are both reportedly destroyed, along with much of central Beirut. This was a huge explosion, even by Beirut’s standards.

The explosion produced an unusual cloud of orange-colored smoke, suggesting the presence of nitrogen oxides from nitrate compounds.  ...

The official explanation of the cause of the blast is that there was a load of ammonium nitrate that was seized from a ship 6 years ago and has been sitting in a port warehouse all that time. Customs officials have documented their repeated attempts to re-export the ammonium nitrate because of safety concerns.  They never received any reply from Lebanese authorities, so the ammonium nitrate just stayed where it was.  We are told there was an accidental fire in an adjoining warehouse, that happened to contain fireworks, and this nightmare is the result of an unhappy accident.

People will engage in finger-pointing and blame-shifting as investigations into the explosion continue. But one thing is very clear: Hezbollah owns Lebanon. They have an intimate relationship with Iran, and with Russia through Iran. Hezbollah and Syria both are subsidiaries of Iranian policy, and work together to accomplish Iranian objectives.

Hezbollah runs the airport and the port.  ...
More at OpsLens

Bart Marcois (@bmarcois) was the principal deputy assistant secretary of energy for international affairs during the Bush administration. Additionally, Marcois served as a career foreign service officer with the State Department.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2020, 02:04:07 pm »
Is there a difference between sodium nitrate and ammonium nitrate? The moment I saw this I thought it looked exactly like Texas City 1947, but the reporter said sodium nitrate. Some reports say ammonium, others say sodium. Whatever. I'm sure it'll be cleared up in time. All I could think of was Texas City in '47, except with much clearer footage of the event. My heart goes out to those who experienced this horror.

Yes @AllThatJazzZ there is a difference. Sodium nitrate  NaNO ₃(Chile saltpeter) is a salt most commonly used in the meat curing process. Ammonium nitrate NH4NO3 It is a white crystalline solid and is highly soluble in water. It is predominantly used in agriculture as a high-nitrogen fertilizer.

Its other major use is as a component of explosive mixtures used in mining, quarrying, and civil construction. It is the major constituent of ANFO, a popular industrial explosive which accounts for 80% of explosives used in North America; similar formulations have been used in improvised explosive devices.

So I'm going to come down on the side of Ammonium Nitrate being the culprit in this incident. 

That quantity should NEVER have been stored as it was in ANY urban enviornment.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2020, 02:16:48 pm »
At least 100 dead after Beirut explosions; 300,000 homeless
https://www.breitbart.com/news/at-least-100-dead-after-beirut-explosions-300000-homeless/

Photos: ‘Devastated’ Beirut Emerges from the Ashes After Deadly Explosion
https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2020/08/04/photos-devastated-beirut-emerges-from-the-ashes-after-deadly-explosion/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2020, 03:19:44 pm »
Yes @AllThatJazzZ there is a difference. Sodium nitrate  NaNO ₃(Chile saltpeter) is a salt most commonly used in the meat curing process. Ammonium nitrate NH4NO3 It is a white crystalline solid and is highly soluble in water. It is predominantly used in agriculture as a high-nitrogen fertilizer.

Its other major use is as a component of explosive mixtures used in mining, quarrying, and civil construction. It is the major constituent of ANFO, a popular industrial explosive which accounts for 80% of explosives used in North America; similar formulations have been used in improvised explosive devices.

So I'm going to come down on the side of Ammonium Nitrate being the culprit in this incident. 

That quantity should NEVER have been stored as it was in ANY urban enviornment.

Any idea how much TNT 2700 tons of ammonium nitrate is equivalent to? That's a really big bomb...

Offline Idiot

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2020, 03:27:23 pm »

Just by the mere size of the explosion one would think the death toll would go significantly higher.  May God be with the injured and their families.  Just horrible.....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2020, 03:31:00 pm »
Any idea how much TNT 2700 tons of ammonium nitrate is equivalent to? That's a really big bomb...

According to wiki , the '47 Texas City exposion was 2300 tons.  581 killed, another 5,000 injured. 

Also supposedly (again from wiki) the "relative effectiveness ratio of Ammonium Nitrate to TNT is 0.43, which bascially means this blast is equivalant to exploding about 1100 tons of TNT
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2020, 03:33:41 pm »
According to wiki , the '47 Texas City exposion was 2300 tons.  581 killed, another 5,000 injured. 

Also supposedly (again from wiki) the "relative effectiveness ratio of Ammonium Nitrate to TNT is 0.43, which bascially means this blast is equivalant to exploding about 1100 tons of TNT

So about 1/20 of Fat Man. Big bomb...

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2020, 03:33:50 pm »

I don't have the time or inclination right now but be my guest @DB

Studies of the TNT equivalence of propane, propane/oxygen, and ANFO

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2020, 03:34:02 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2020, 03:34:32 pm »

It's probably a comparison of 2300 tons in Texas city to 2700 Metric Tonnes in Beirut.  Either way, it's likely at least a one Kiloton explosion, in terms of Dynamite. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2020, 03:40:23 pm »

So where the hell did all of that red smoke come from?  I do not believe that to be typical of an ammonium nitrate explosion.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2020, 03:43:00 pm »
A bride was posing for photos when the blast occurred. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DB

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2020, 04:50:58 pm »

So where the hell did all of that red smoke come from?  I do not believe that to be typical of an ammonium nitrate explosion.

When I played with making nitroglycerin when I was in high school it produced a lot of red smoke. I would assume that's the nitrate burning.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2020, 04:58:29 pm »
When I played with making nitroglycerin when I was in high school it produced a lot of red smoke. I would assume that's the nitrate burning.

Bet you were a hoot at the prom.....

Offline DB

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2020, 05:02:28 pm »

Nitrogen dioxide.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-colour-of-NO2

Offline DB

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2020, 05:03:37 pm »
Bet you were a hoot at the prom.....

I took the GED and got out a year and half early... Didn't go to the prom...

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2020, 05:22:28 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2020, 05:26:36 pm »
Just by the mere size of the explosion one would think the death toll would go significantly higher.  May God be with the injured and their families.  Just horrible.....

@mrpotatohead

Death would be an improvement over what happened to many of them. Some will be concussed to the point they will never be able to live independently again,some will have nervous breakdowns and never be "normal" again, some will be blinded and deafened,and some will be physically crippled for life.

Not to mention the families that are destroyed.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2020, 05:28:48 pm »

So where the hell did all of that red smoke come from? 

@Bigun

Dust?

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2020, 05:36:04 pm »
Hezbollah is at Fault for the Explosion In Beirut
By: Bart Marcois - August 4, 2020More at OpsLens

Bart Marcois (@bmarcois) was the principal deputy assistant secretary of energy for international affairs during the Bush administration. Additionally, Marcois served as a career foreign service officer with the State Department.

Thanks for posting that.  Good insight.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2020, 05:40:28 pm »
@Bigun

Dust?

Nitrogen Dioxide created by incomplete combustion of Ammonium Nitrate. @sneakypete (See DB's post above)

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2020, 05:46:41 pm »
John Steinbeck

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2020, 05:49:58 pm »
Nitrogen Dioxide created by incomplete combustion of Ammonium Nitrate. @sneakypete (See DB's post above)

@Bigun

Thanks. For some reason I was thinking the dust there is red,and I know for a fact that ground explosions create dust clouds.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2020, 05:55:34 pm »
John Steinbeck