Author Topic: Lifetime, Not Hallmark, Will Be First to Feature LGBTQ Romance in Holiday Movie  (Read 704 times)

Online mountaineer

Whew, that's a relief!
Lifetime, Not Hallmark, Will Be First to Feature LGBTQ Romance in Holiday Movie
 August 03, 2020 10:02am PT
 by Rick Porter

The cable network touts the diversity of its annual slate of Christmas-themed films.

Lifetime will feature an LGBTQ romance at the center of one of its holiday movies, marking a first for the cabler.

The network plans to air 30 new movies during its annual "It's a Wonderful Lifetime" block and is touting some added diversity in the lineup, including a story about a Chinese American family and one starring disabled actress Ali Stroker.  ...

The LGBTQ story will be at the heart of The Christmas Set Up. The movie will follow Hugo, a corporate lawyer in New York who heads home to Milwaukee for the holidays, where his mother arranges for him to run into his secret high school crush, Patrick. As their mutual attraction grows, Hugo is faced with a decision to accept a promotion in London or remain in Milwaukee.  ...
The Hollywood Reporter
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Sounds about right.

Good for Hallmark for not caving.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

Sounds about right.

Good for Hallmark for not caving.
"Good for Hallmark for not caving."

Yet.

Offline EdinVA

Don't watch either one so good for them..

Online mountaineer

They could have put this movie on Logos, or whatever the homosexual-friendly channel is called.

No matter, I don't watch Lifetime or Hallmark, either.

Online mountaineer

And the hits keep coming ...
New season of 'Star Trek: Discovery' to feature nonbinary, transgender characters
By Ryan Foley, Christian Post Reporter
Spet. 4, 2020

The latest installment of one of America’s oldest television franchises will have nonbinary and transgender characters when its new season starts this fall.

“Star Trek: Discovery,” which first premiered on CBS All Access in 2017, has already featured multiple LGBT characters. As the series kicks off its third season this October, two new actors have been added to the cast that will increase representation for the LGBT community.

“Welcome Blu del Barrio and Ian Alexander to the Star Trek Family!” an announcement on the show’s Facebook page states. “They will be playing Adira, Star Trek’s first non-binary character, and Gray, Star Trek’s first transgender character in Star Trek: Discovery Season 3.”

Both del Barrio and Alexander’s characters in “Star Trek: Discovery” reflect their gender identities in real life. Del Barrio is nonbinary while Alexander is transgender. ...
Christian Post

I'm sorry, whenever I see the term "nonbinary," all I can think of is how difficult math was for me in high school, especially that whole binary business. 01000011101001

Offline EdinVA

And the hits keep coming ...Christian Post

I'm sorry, whenever I see the term "nonbinary," all I can think of is how difficult math was for me in high school, especially that whole binary business. 01000011101001
Easy peasy... 1+1=10... lol

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And the hits keep coming ...Christian Post

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. (author unknown)

But that whole anecdote sounds like you had the unfortunate experience of having to learn New Math. I was taught subtraction the New Math way but thankfully the over-emphasis on binary and octal was gone by the time I came around.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024