Author Topic: With a Drop In Ratings Have Professional Sports Driven Away Hungry Fans With Overly Woke Displays?  (Read 1191 times)

rangerrebew

With a Drop In Ratings Have Professional Sports Driven Away Hungry Fans With Overly Woke Displays?

Posted at 10:02 am on August 4, 2020 by Brad Slager

As players kneel, a desperate audience appears to be walking away.

Over the past week it seemed a huge relief was coming over the country that was yearning for distractions away from the pandemic malaise. Major League Baseball made its official return a week ago and then this weekend more joy was experienced as both the NBA and the NHL restarted their seasons with expanded playoff formats. However something very curious was spotted as things ensued.

After some impressive television ratings for the restart of baseball there was a severe dropoff in the audience share as the week went forward. Likewise the NBA experienced a similar exodus of viewers. On the TNT Network a Lakers-Clippers matchup on a Thursday drew the second-highest numbers of the season. Over on the diamond 4 million had been around to watch the Yankees take on the Washington Nationals. But then something stark took place.

https://www.redstate.com/bradslager/2020/08/04/with-a-drop-in-ratings-have-professional-sports-driven-away-hungry-fans-with-overly-woke-displays/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, Duh!  Get woke, go broke.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Opening Days drew huge broadcast audiences, in fact.

Then, the longer baseball played this Hitchcockian-like season in which it seems as much like penny arcade play as baseball, the audiences began to dwindle.

(. . . and the cardboard went wild!  wink777 )

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Opening Days drew huge broadcast audiences, in fact.

Then, the longer baseball played this Hitchcockian-like season in which it seems as much like penny arcade play as baseball, the audiences began to dwindle.

(. . . and the cardboard went wild!  wink777 )

I think their daily ratings would be better if they weren't trying to cram down the Only Black Lives Matter bullshit. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline goatprairie

The players might  just as well have stuck their middle fingers at the tv screens instead of kneeling because it would have accomplished the same negative reaction from millions of viewers.
How they think pi**ing off millions of viewers will be good for their sports is beyond me.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I think their daily ratings would be better if they weren't trying to cram down the Only Black Lives Matter bullshit.
It looked to me as though they were easing back on it as the days went onward.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The players might  just as well have stuck their middle fingers at the tv screens instead of kneeling because it would have accomplished the same negative reaction from millions of viewers.
How they think pi**ing off millions of viewers will be good for their sports is beyond me.
True.
Being good for sports is not their mission.
They have become Chinese puppets.
What is good for Sports is irrelevant.
What is good for China is now supreme.

The current owners are all looking to cash out in their lifetime.
Take a bundle of Chinese money to their graves.
But in five or so years, what we called 'Sports' will be just another arm of pure politics.
Red Uniforms vs. Blue Uniforms --- they are all playing for some political purpose.
Rollerball 1975 predicted all of it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It looked to me as though they were easing back on it as the days went onward.

They said the BLM graffiti on the pitchers mounds was only going to be for the first week.  Are they gone?  And are there signs around?  I don't know, because we haven't been watching this year.  The Dbacks suck so far, 3-7.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
True.
Being good for sports is not their mission.
They have become Chinese puppets.
What is good for Sports is irrelevant.
What is good for China is now supreme.

The current owners are all looking to cash out in their lifetime.
Take a bundle of Chinese money to their graves.
But in five or so years, what we called 'Sports' will be just another arm of pure politics.
Red Uniforms vs. Blue Uniforms --- they are all playing for some political purpose.
Rollerball 1975 predicted all of it.

Even Caan's character stood for the Corporate Anthem....
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well, Duh!  Get woke, go broke.

Learn it. Live it. Love it! 

Not satisfied with the Woke Capitalism that is driven by progressives who’ve taken over the media, marketing firms, and many senior positions within American companies I guess it was only a mater of time before sports would fall in lock step with the group think.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Learn it. Live it. Love it! 

Not satisfied with the Woke Capitalism that is driven by progressives who’ve taken over the media, marketing firms, and many senior positions within American companies I guess it was only a mater of time before sports would fall in lock step with the group think.

I'm sure the suits were thinking, "So where can they all go?"  "Anywhere else" is the answer.
I will NOT comply.