Author Topic: Trump Says 2020 Election Results Could Be Delayed ‘2 Months’  (Read 689 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Anders Hagstrom
White House Correspondent
August 04, 2020 8:19 AM ET

President Donald Trump fears election results could be delayed as long as two months past the 2020 November election, he said in an exclusive interview with Axios released Monday on HBO.

The comment came after Axios reporter Jonathan Swan brought up Trump’s repeated statements that he may not accept the results of the 2020 election. Trump cited various instances where universal mail-in ballots were sent out to deceased people or even pets, while Swan referenced the method’s traditionally low rate of fraud.

“There is no way you can go through a mail-in vote without massive cheating,” Trump said. “This election won’t be decided on the evening November 3rd. This election could be decided two months later.”

“What’s wrong with that?” Swan asked. “What’s wrong with the proper mail-in count?”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/04/trump-axios-election-results-delay-2020/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

... if universal mail in voting is adapted. Is it too much to ask these writers to be accurate in their headlines?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
... if universal mail in voting is adapted. Is it too much to ask these writers to be accurate in their headlines?

The answer is "Yes."  It's too much to ask.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

The answer is "Yes."  It's too much to ask.

Then his critics will turn right around and call this a 'self inflicted' wound.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Obviously the answer to that question is yes!  How the hell do you expect them to spread fear and loathing if they can't LIE?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Based on what's happening with the NY mail-in voting fiasco, 2 months may be overly optimistic.

The danger in mass mail-in voting is two-fold:

* potential fraud, obviously;

* the USC sets a deadline by which states must have selected their electors; while I do not know that that deadline has ever been exceeded, the consequence could be that a state that is late simply will not be counted; thus Dems could ensnarl the counts of selected states so that their electors cannot be among the Electoral college.

That latter was one of two possible ways AlGore thought he could steal the 2000 election: steal it by selective recount-it-until-you-get-it-right; steal it by Florida's electoral vote being excluded due to delay.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Based on what's happening with the NY mail-in voting fiasco, 2 months may be overly optimistic.

The danger in mass mail-in voting is two-fold:

* potential fraud, obviously;

* the USC sets a deadline by which states must have selected their electors; while I do not know that that deadline has ever been exceeded, the consequence could be that a state that is late simply will not be counted; thus Dems could ensnarl the counts of selected states so that their electors cannot be among the Electoral college.

That latter was one of two possible ways AlGore thought he could steal the 2000 election: steal it by selective recount-it-until-you-get-it-right; steal it by Florida's electoral vote being excluded due to delay.

As covered in a different thread about the shenanigans hurting Biteme more than Trump, it was noted the Safe Harbor provisions in the enabling Statute for the Electoral College require certifications of the slates of Electors 35 days following the General Election. The remedy in the Statute is to reject the slates from States that fail to certify the elections in time.

This was affirmed in the SCOTUS decision for Bush in 2000.  The Electors were all seated in time for the Safe Harbor.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 05:45:52 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

I look at how the census has been handled. I had multiple requests by mail following my response. Then a phone call. I'm still waiting with baited breath for an in person visit.

The Feds/State Governments really think they can handle this efficiently? Oh..puhleeze.