Author Topic: Trump calls for re-run of 'total disaster' NY congressional race amid mail-in ballot problems  (Read 1006 times)

Offline EdinVA

"
I think you probably have to take the Carolyn Maloney race and run it over again," Trump said, during a relatively subdued White House press conference Monday.
Thousands of mail-in ballots have been invalidated in the contest, and both Republicans and election experts have said the situation could be a harbinger of a disastrous nationwide mail-in vote in November.
"This is a small race, and it's all messed up," Trump said. "It's a mess. Nobody knows what's happening. ... It's a total disaster."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-mail-in-ballot-rerun-ny-congressional-race

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ted Cruz
@tedcruz

When the NYT is pointing out the problems with mail-in ballots....

Peter Baker
@peterbakernyt

Nearly six weeks later, two congressional races in New York remain undecided amid a deluge of mail-in ballots in what could be a harbinger of problems looming in November. "This election is a canary in the coal mine." ⁦@jessemckinley

Why the Botched N.Y.C. Primary Has Become the November Nightmare
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/nyregion/nyc-mail-ballots-voting.html

6:44 PM · Aug 3, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1290418350183587852

⁩

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ronna McDaniel
@GOPChairwoman

Democrat Nicole Cannizzaro claims, "If it was a good enough process for the primary, it should be a good enough process for the general.”

Good?? Hundreds of thousands of ballots were sent to people who had moved, only to pile up in the trash.

Video: 

https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1290462939623952385

9:41 PM · Aug 3, 2020·Sprout Social

Offline dancer

41 days, and they still don't know who won.  This has to stop.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep. Right there.

Definitely not something we want nationwide in a presidential election.

I can see taking two days to vote (in person), or absentee ballots for those who are afraid to risk voting in person, but mail in ballots for the entire election? No way.

Besides I once got a Christmas check from my Grandmother in June. I am sure she thought me an ingrate for not sending a Thank You note, but by the time I got it the check was no good. I really wouldn't want my vote to sit in some dark corner somewhere....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AL

Just wait for it, they will magically find a bunch of ballots for a democrat win.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just wait for it, they will magically find a bunch of ballots for a democrat win.
In the trunk of a De Soto scheduled for the crusher...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis