Author Topic: Fauci warns of 'really bad situation' if daily coronavirus cases don't drop to 10K by September  (Read 1411 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fauci warns of 'really bad situation' if daily coronavirus cases don't drop to 10K by September
By Justine Coleman - 08/03/20 07:07 PM EDT

Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious disease expert, warned on Monday that the U.S. could be in a “really bad situation” if the number of new coronavirus cases confirmed daily does not drop to 10,000 by next month.

Fauci, the director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during a livestream interview with the Journal of the American Medical Association that he is basing that number on the expected emergence of the flu in the fall, as well as the return of colder weather, which will likely drive more people indoors, where health experts say COVID-19 spreads easier.

"If we don't get them down, then we're going to have a really bad situation in the fall," Fauci said, according to NBC News.

Currently, the U.S. is seeing between 50,000 and 70,000 new COVID-19 cases identified per day, with a seven-day average of 61,815, according to New York Times data.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/510361-fauci-warns-of-really-bad-situation-if-daily-coronavirus-cases-dont-drop-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Fauxi is still being allowed to lead us around by the nose.

I'd like to see a little more proactive leadership from this administration. We know what the State and their rat media allies are up to here.

But honestly I'm not really sure what can be done.

Online libertybele

I'd like to see a little more proactive leadership from this administration. We know what the State and their rat media allies are up to here.

I don't trust Fauci period.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

This stuff is starting to sound like Charlie Brown's teachers.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
A totally unrealistic number given the current rate of decline. (Which it is declining, thankfully.) Of course, Fauci knows that; he's trying to force another, harder lockdown, since he's already on record saying the first one wasn't hard enough.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

A totally unrealistic number given the current rate of decline. (Which it is declining, thankfully.) Of course, Fauci knows that; he's trying to force another, harder lockdown, since he's already on record saying the first one wasn't hard enough.

I wonder if he'll find it within himself to condemn elbow-to-arsehole left wing street protests during a second lockdown.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Dr. Ray Cascieri, pulmonologist, at St. Joseph Hosp in Orange Calif, reported today some favorable covid-19 trends in America and  elsewhere. Often on with Tim Conway Jr.

My BIL tested positive a couple of days ago. Hume with quarantine. Lives with wife and two adult daughters.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Hoodat

Fauci pulls a number out of his rectum.  Clearly, math is not his strong suit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm to the point of no longer giving a rat's ass what Dr, Fauchi says about anything.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

I'm to the point of no longer giving a rat's ass what Dr, Fauchi says about anything.

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, it tells you what NOT to believe.

The important number is not so much the number of cases, which is likely far, far, higher than the tests reflect. How many have had mild to asymptomatic cases and not been tested? How many just gutted their way through mild or even moderate cases, who could not afford medical care and did not think it severe enough to seek it?

The important number isn't the number of cases, but the number of deaths.
And that (I believe, although others here may disagree) can be cut down even further by early and aggressive treatment. It's no secret what I think will work, so I'll leave it at that, but there are a couple of treatments out that appear (after some unbiased, well conceived testing) to work well if used at early onset.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AL

Yeah why doesn't he just say, I created the crisis so we can cheat with mail in voting.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yeah why doesn't he just say, I created the crisis so we can cheat with mail in voting.

And make a few hundred Million pimping facines for Bill and Melinda Gates.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline LegalAmerican

Agree.  All B.S. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline LegalAmerican