Author Topic: Gun sales exploding, July FBI checks jump 79%  (Read 1503 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gun sales exploding, July FBI checks jump 79%
« on: August 03, 2020, 05:18:39 pm »
Gun sales exploding, July FBI checks jump 79%
by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist |
 | August 03, 2020 10:37 AM

For the third month this year, the FBI reported record-shattering gun sales background checks, the latest indication that the 2020 election, concerns about the coronavirus crisis, and race protests are pushing gun purchases to a historic high.

On the heels of the 3,931,607 background checks in June, the most ever in the 14-year history of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, the FBI on Monday said that July checks totaled 3,639,224, the third-highest monthly total ever. March saw the second-highest ever at 3,740,688.

Overall, the FBI has conducted 22,819,271 background checks this year, nearly 44% over last year, when checks through July totaled 15,890,359.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/gun-sales-exploding-july-fbi-checks-jump-79
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Gun sales exploding, July FBI checks jump 79%
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 08:58:26 am »
I'm reasonably sure that Conservatives are only part of this.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 12:40:06 pm »
I'm reasonably sure that Conservatives are only part of this.

I agree.  There are a lot of Liberals who are finding out the hard way...judging from the YouTube videos...who are finding out the truth the hard way about all of the hype from anti gun groups and gun restrictions they voted for and how they are coming back to bit them in the ass when THEY need to buy some protection.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 03:58:14 pm »
I agree.  There are a lot of Liberals who are finding out the hard way...judging from the YouTube videos...who are finding out the truth the hard way about all of the hype from anti gun groups and gun restrictions they voted for and how they are coming back to bit them in the ass when THEY need to buy some protection.
Unfortunately, that leaves a lot of skittish, overemotional idiots with poor muzzle discipline and poorer skills otherwise, running around thinking they are Skeeter Skelton or Carlos Hathcock.

Hopefully, that is the case, and they aren't straw purchasing them for the Communists.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 10:30:46 pm »
Has anyone been able to find ammunition anywhere? Every site I visit is "out of stock" on the two varieties I want most, 9mm and .38 special.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 10:59:19 pm »
Has anyone been able to find ammunition anywhere? Every site I visit is "out of stock" on the two varieties I want most, 9mm and .38 special.

I'll ask my boss tomorrow. He got a new 9mm a couple of months ago and told me he has shot about 500 rounds through it. Where he is getting the ammo I don't know. I will find out.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 11:23:17 pm »
Thanks, Fred. Looks like CheaperThanDirt has some in stock (at 4x the usual price), if I get desperate.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 11:30:55 pm »
Thanks, Fred. Looks like CheaperThanDirt has some in stock (at 4x the usual price), if I get desperate.

I'll pass along anything useful. Probably in a PM.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 08:52:34 am »
I talk to people who aren't particularly political or up-to-the-minute read on the news, and they are saying 'something's coming'.

I think this is a very broad cross section of the population behind it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 12:49:10 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 12:09:53 pm »
My sister is in a suburb of Pittsburgh and is nervous about BLM and any other unrest that may come to her doorstep, which is why she bought her first gun yesterday.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 12:21:04 pm by mountaineer »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 12:14:51 pm »
I heard on the news radio this week the the gun manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up.
Ammo has been scarce.
I am down to one box of 38 special myself........

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2020, 02:12:05 pm »
I heard on the news radio this week the the gun manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up.
Ammo has been scarce.
I am down to one box of 38 special myself........
@GrouchoTex

When I bought weapons I made sure I also got enough ammo for them.  I recall, on FR, when I was there, a shortage of ammo happened then.  I searched the web for the guys and would put on there where they could get ammo.  Cheaper Than Dirt was great for ammo in those days.  I did personally go to Cheaper Than Dirt, Fort Worth.  There it was, all the stuff one needed to win... a war.   :amen:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2020, 12:27:56 am »
Okay, @mountaineer

There is an ammo shortage. My son just came over and said here, they are limiting .22 to 3 50 count boxes per day. Not much of anything else.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2020, 01:51:06 am »
My sister found a gun shop with .38 spcl (limit - one box of 50 per customer). No one has 9mm. The ammo manufacturers shut down for the virus, it appears.

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2020, 02:07:27 am »
Gun sales may be exploding, but obviously if you don't have ammo, the gun isn't going to do much good, but you can always reload ammo.  :shrug:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2020, 03:10:32 am »
Gun sales may be exploding, but obviously if you don't have ammo, the gun isn't going to do much good, but you can always reload ammo.  :shrug:

Ya know, since I don't have guns, or the right, I don't worry about it.

I have my sharp knife. And my dull knife.

All the guns. All the ammo.

Are useless.

Without intent.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 02:05:35 pm »
Ya know, since I don't have guns, or the right, I don't worry about it.

I have my sharp knife. And my dull knife.

All the guns. All the ammo.

Are useless.

Without intent.
Even as you say that, I realize the appeal of archery skills, especially in the dark...

C S Lewis