Author Topic: Report: Retired Pope Benedict XVI Ill After Visit to Germany  (Read 860 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Retired Pope Benedict XVI Ill After Visit to Germany
« on: August 03, 2020, 04:55:01 pm »
AP 3 Aug 2020

BERLIN (AP) — Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI has fallen ill after his return from a trip to his native Bavaria to visit his brother, who died a month ago, a German newspaper reported Monday.

The daily Passauer Neue Presse quoted Peter Seewald, a biographer of the retired pontiff, as saying that the 93-year-old has been suffering from a facial infection since his return to Rome.

Seewald, who has published several book-length interviews with Benedict, handed over a copy of the biography to the former pontiff on Saturday, the newspaper reported. He described Benedict as being optimistic and talking about possibly writing himself if his strength picks up, though he said that Benedict is physically very frail.

The Vatican press office downplayed the severity of Benedict’s condition, citing his longtime secretary, Monsignor Georg Gaenswein, in a statement released to the media.

According to Gaenswein, “the emeritus pope’s health condition doesn’t create particular concern, except that for a 93-year-old man who is getting over the most acute phase of a painful, but not serious illness.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/news/report-retired-pope-benedict-xvi-ill-after-visit-to-germany/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Report: Retired Pope Benedict XVI Ill After Visit to Germany
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 06:44:32 pm »
I nearly spewed when I read the France24/AFP account of the former Pope's condition:
  ... He has largely stayed out of the public eye since he became the first pope in 600 years to resign, citing health reasons.

A traditionalist in the Catholic Church, he was replaced by the reformist Pope Francis.

I'm not Roman Catholic, but am pretty sure Francis isn't any sort of reformer.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 08:52:31 am »
When a person is 93 years old, any illness is serious. Prayers up for His Holiness.   :0001:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 08:56:03 am »
I nearly spewed when I read the France24/AFP account of the former Pope's condition:
I'm not Roman Catholic, but am pretty sure Francis isn't any sort of reformer.
Actually, he is a Communist. Has no place where he is.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 11:08:55 am »
All I recall is he loved cats, and one slept in his bed every night.

Still and all, 93 is a good long run, I hope he’s not in pain. Prayers.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 12:05:56 pm »
All I recall is he loved cats, and one slept in his bed every night.

Still and all, 93 is a good long run, I hope he’s not in pain. Prayers.

From what I've read, cats are forbidden at the Vatican.  However, there are numerous cats at Castel Gandolfo where popes reside during the summer months and Pope Benedict has been known  to have fed and looked after them.  He also had a cat when he lived in Germany and I believe his brother took that cat in when Benedict ascended to the papacy.

Anyway, here is an article about the retired Pope's love of cats (with photos):

http://petslady.com/article/vatican-kitties-pope-emeritus-benedict-xvi-cat-lover