Author Topic: Flu Shots Significantly Cut Risk of Heart Attack Or Stroke For People Over 50, Says Study of 7 Milli  (Read 564 times)

Online libertybele

Flu Shots Significantly Cut Risk of Heart Attack Or Stroke For People Over 50, Says Study of 7 Million Patients

One of the largest studies of its kind looked at data from more than seven million patients and found that a seasonal flu shot cut the risk of heart attacks by up to 85 percent, and halved the number of strokes.

The study of high-risk hospital patients also found that deaths from any cause (all-cause mortality) fell by almost three-quarters among patients over 50 who were vaccinated.

“The results we found are staggering,” said lead author Roshni Mandania, a medical candidate at Texas Tech University in Dallas. “It’s hard to ignore the positive effect the flu vaccine can have on serious cardiac complications.”

“Some people don’t view flu vaccinations as necessary or important, and many may face barriers accessing health care, including receiving the flu vaccine.”

Being immunized against flu helps prevent chest infections that weaken the immune system, but flu vaccination among high risk groups, such as nursing home residents, is extremely low.

Mandania’s team compared 168,325 participants who had been vaccinated, with the vast majority who did not between people over 50 who had heart complications.

Immunized over 50s were 85 and 28 percent less likely to suffer a cardiac arrest or heart attack—caused by electrical and circulatory problems in the organ, respectively............

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/flu-shots-significantly-cut-risk-of-heart-attack-or-stroke-for-people-over-50/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Offline LegalAmerican

NOT..BUYING IT.  Anything , said,  to get us to take this EVIL CRAP. 

Offline Applewood

I get a flu shot every year and a pneumonia vaccine every 5 years.  Already have heart problems, so getting the flu or pneumonia could kill me.  Essentially for me, it's a matter of the benefits outweighing any risks of the vaccines.  I guess some people have had bad reactions to these vaccines.  Worst "side effect" I've ever had is irritation or itchiness at the injection site.  Some people might be allergic to certain components  of the vaccine -- eggs, for example. 

But the horror stories put out by Natural News and others about the vaccines are generally not true.  A lot of these anti-vaccine stories sprang up after the swine flu vaccine disaster many years ago.  Yes, there were people back then who actually died from the vaccine and I remember a slew of wrongful death lawsuits sprang up as a result.  I believe that was a matter of the manufacturers rushing a vaccine to market without adequate testing.  But by and large the odds of a mass of people dying from a vaccine are low.

That all said, whether to get the vaccines or not is a decision one should make in consultation with his or her physician. One should not be forced to take a vaccine, but neither should one be put off by phony scare stories.